Which Oil Filter? - Page 8 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Which Oil Filter?

Old 02-12-18, 06:02 PM
RiotGrip
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flowrider View Post
So does the TRD Oil Filter PN PTR43-00081 that is recommended for the ISF. Only difference is the end caps are zink steel. See attachment. I really don't think they limit flow.

Lou
Iím not sure that filter is actually recommended for the IS-F. When I went to the TRD site, It didnít list that filter as compatible with the IS-f(or any official recs for Lexus vehicles) and when I searched the part number with IS-F I found this thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l-filters.html

However it only speculates that one could use it in the IS-F. I canít say for sure those caps limit flow, however I am speculating as such, since all wix filters recommended for the high performance Lexus engines donít have the caps. Iím not an engineer, but Iíd only use the wix 57310 or the OEM filter in my IS-f. I think for most though any SN 5w-30 with a 5000 mile OCI and any filter that fits will get the IS-f engine to 250000 miles without much difficulty.
Old 02-12-18, 07:42 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

I have run both the YZZ4 filter and the spec filter for the 2UR-GSE. I have oil analysis results with both including track weekends. There is no difference in wear. I also use extended drain intervals (12k miles) and run the same oil for the same period including track weekends without any significant variability in used oil analysis results. The biggest difference in my results was when Mobil 1 reformulated their oil, not when I changed filters.

I currently have the Lexus specified filters and I am using them on both my GS F and IS F. I have seen no difference at all, and I do not drive the cars (either of them) with a light foot.
The Following User Says Thank You to lobuxracer For This Useful Post:
Greatest (02-13-18)
Old 02-13-18, 08:31 AM
Leander311
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RiotGrip View Post

Iím not sure that filter is actually recommended for the IS-F. When I went to the TRD site, It didnít list that filter as compatible with the IS-f(or any official recs for Lexus vehicles) and when I searched the part number with IS-F I found this thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l-filters.html

However it only speculates that one could use it in the IS-F. I canít say for sure those caps limit flow, however I am speculating as such, since all wix filters recommended for the high performance Lexus engines donít have the caps. Iím not an engineer, but Iíd only use the wix 57310 or the OEM filter in my IS-f. I think for most though any SN 5w-30 with a 5000 mile OCI and any filter that fits will get the IS-f engine to 250000 miles without much difficulty.
I've had this TRD filter in my F for the last and current OCI's. Though I only have one report from Blackstone, its numbers indicate good filtration. Both it and the Toyota filter have proven to work very well in our cars. If I don't get a flawless 200k on this engine just as I did on my IS350, it won't be due to oil/filter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which Oil Filter?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: