IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Tesla style radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-18, 11:06 AM
Ohisee
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tesla style radio

Has anyone here had any luck with installing and using one of these units on a isc?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/10-4-Tesla-Style-GPS-Navigation-for-Lexus-IS250-IS350-C-Convertible-2010-2015/223020220644?hash=item33ed0a80e4:g:1osAAOSwBXhbJNey

Old 08-24-18, 04:09 PM
shadowmite
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I was just looking at one of these listing the other day. I too am interested how well it would interface with the needed AC controls etc.
Old 08-25-18, 12:30 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

On Ih8mud people have been doing it in the land cruiser, and it’s been working great
Old 08-25-18, 12:43 PM
Ohisee
Rookie

Default Placed a order. Two weeks out for delivery

I ordered one for 500. Was planning to install myself. They mentioned it's better to have a professional install it so I will do that. I will post how it goes what all works and what doesn't.

Last edited by Ohisee; 08-25-18 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-25-18, 06:19 PM
shadowmite
Driver

Yea I’m curious about things like the filtered air button...
Old 09-11-18, 03:09 PM
Ohisee
Rookie

Radio came today ordered a new backup camera with better resolution and aux rca extension from amazon. Called around LA, OC & nobody is familiar with installing these. If you know a good installer let me know. I'll update post with pics and let you know what works and what doesn't
​​
Old 09-18-18, 12:28 PM
Ohisee
Rookie

Dealing with a couple issues so far going back to my install guy this week. Fit and look are amazing speed is quick no lag. Overall huge upgrade from stock. Going to use it for a couple weeks and do full review. I would say spend the 140 more and order from Phoenix radio they do offer better support and will send you file to change the boot screen. Mine boots with picture of old is1300 I would like just the Lexus logo on boot also boot time is about 20-25 seconds reverse cam works immediately though.

The following users liked this post:
ECTpwr (09-04-20)
Old 09-18-18, 07:58 PM
valeoray
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Oishee, do you have to manually connect to your phone hotspot?

Also, is the Bluetooth calling volume much lower than the radio?
Old 09-18-18, 09:02 PM
Ohisee
Rookie

It automatically connects to my hotspot when I turn it on. Thinking of getting the tmobile odb car hotspot but I'm pretty data heavy. Bluetooth volume is great plenty loud as is radio volume.
​​​​
Old 09-19-18, 05:45 AM
valeoray
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

You should be able to change the boot logo via "settings." I think it's the last item.

What kind of issues are you dealing with?

Would you mind taking a photo of "system info" under the settings menu?

Thanks.

Last edited by valeoray; 09-19-18 at 05:50 AM.
Old 09-19-18, 06:05 AM
shadowmite
Driver

How is the build quality? Is the screen resistive or capacitive? IE does it have a thin film you press down on to press things, or is it just glass you press? Does it show fingerprints horribly?
Old 09-19-18, 08:21 AM
carlog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have factory nav before? Mark Levinson audio? Do you get an airbag warning light? Do the AC controls work? Does FM radio tune channels properly? These are common issues, so I'm curious about this unit.
Old 09-19-18, 08:51 AM
Ohisee
Rookie

Let me answer the last three post

They are getting back to me about the boot logo I believe it's in hidden settings I went through every setting and it's not a quick change like it should be.

The build quality is excellent its glass like any current tablet it did come with a screen protector on it that I have not removed yet. As far as fingerprints it's at a angle so you don't really notice them weird because I thought that would drive me crazy. Also with top down on a sunny day I thought the screen would glare and or fingerprints would bother me but the brightness level is so bright you don't notice.

I did not have the ml system or navigation before. I wish I did. Before you order they ask for a picture of your system to send you correct unit. Seller says they solved airbag light issue but double check with them before order. Ac controls work great except you lose the fresh air button. Radio tunes ok I did get all major stations but the weaker ones don't come in great. I only listen to xm so bought a aux xm player from ebay with lifetime subscription and use that. The overall sound from this system is much better then stock without the ml system.
​​​​

​​​

Last edited by Ohisee; 09-19-18 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Add photo
The following users liked this post:
SteveInCal (04-10-22)
Old 09-20-18, 07:04 PM
Propulsion
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

It looks awesome in your car. I want one for my GS but I’m hesitant because of the many unknowns. For instance, the temperature settings appears to be only Hi and LO on many units. Can it be set to fahrenheit? Also, I’m concerned about the boot times. You mentioned 20-25 seconds. Is the screen blank during this time? And does the air conditioning or heat come on while it’s booting?

Last edited by Propulsion; 09-20-18 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-20-18, 07:34 PM
Ohisee
Rookie

Thanks. I would say go for it before you do email the seller and ask about temp settings really break it down for them. Yes it can be set to fahrenheit. The boot time is a little long though while it's booting there is a picture of a lexus that I'm trying to change to Lexus logo. If you had ac on when you turn your car off the ac comes on while booting the backup camera is available while booting as well. After boot is finished it goes to whatever media you had on or you can have it boot directly to Google maps with radio on or mp3s playing

Quick Reply: Tesla style radio