IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Tesla style radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-18, 06:20 AM
valeoray
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Try pressing on the screen for 10 seconds when you are in "system version." A window should pop up asking for your passcode.
The passcode should be 8861 or 7890, I can't remember. One of those codes should get you in. The other code should get you in the "advanced" menu.

So to confirm, if your radio is on at a certain volume and you use your bluetooth, is there another volume level for the bluetooth? On mine, I have to crack up the volume as the bluetooth is not as loud. Then when I hang up, the stereo is blaring.

Is the boot logo the only issue you have?
Old 09-27-18, 06:32 AM
Ohisee
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am able to get into advanced menu but there isn't a place to change the boot logo. They have a technical department that's working on it.

The other issues I have is the time not keeping and my dynamic reverse lines are off a little bit just sent them some videos and they are working on that as well

With the Bluetooth volume I haven't had any issues at all I can hear everyone and normal volume
Old 09-27-18, 07:01 AM
valeoray
Intermediate

Did you try the hidden menu in "system version?"
Old 09-27-18, 07:22 AM
Ohisee
Rookie

Yes I have opened this setting its called factory mode and there is no place to change logo to your own picture or plain lexus logo. Here is where you would chakge from Lexus to Kia or Ford
Old 09-27-18, 07:27 AM
valeoray
Intermediate

If you use google translate for this russian forum https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=74979041, you will see at the very top of the thread there is a FAQ. Somewhere in the FAQ under "additions, improvements, changes", there is a bootlogo.apk.

I think to download it, you'll have to go to the non-translated website.

I don't know if it is compatible with your unit, so if you decide to use it, it will be at your own risk.
Old 10-11-18, 09:20 PM
Midengtoy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this exact head unit in my car when I purchased my IS250. Did you ever figure out how to change the boot screen and back ground photo? Also were you able to change the Climate Control to display temp or numbers instead of HI and LO?
Old 10-13-18, 04:41 PM
Ohisee
Rookie

Hello yes just today I installed the boot apk file and it works great. Found the file on YouTube there is a mustang guy that has the file in his description. Search change boot logo tesla style radio. On mine you can change temp buy degrees with seven settings. Planning to do a full video review I'm just waiting for my hotspot from tmobile to test pandora and a couple gps apps with wifi running in the car
Old 10-22-18, 12:32 PM
rahdog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Ohisee
Has anyone here had any luck with installing and using one of these units on a isc?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/10-4-Tesla-St...sAAOSwBXhbJNey

I just brought one and been having problems how to install it! I took it to an car installer and they could not get the sound working, After a week myself working on it I do know how to get sound and everything is working now except the air-condition controller on the new unit... Once I get that working I will put it all back together and it will be as good as gold... So he answer is they are good systems but you need to know how to install it because it comes with no instruction.
Old 11-01-18, 01:52 AM
rodshowx
Driver School Candidate

that is dope - yes
Old 11-04-18, 09:52 PM
ed21x
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

i'm really looking forward to your review as I would love to have Waze working. Also since I'm from OC area, I might have to ask you where your installer is since he has experience now
Old 12-04-18, 07:00 PM
cjatkinson
Driver School Candidate

That is a pretty awesome looking head unit. Do you think it was worth the trouble to upgrade?
Old 12-04-18, 07:17 PM
Ohisee
Rookie

Absolutely. I'm still trying out some different Navi apps like waze and a couple others with and without hotspot. I will try to have a full video review up by the weekend with all the pros and cons
Old 12-14-18, 11:09 AM
tonydobbs
Driver School Candidate

Absolutely. I'm still trying out some different Navi apps like waze and a couple others with and without hotspot. I will try to have a full video review up by the weekend with all the pros and cons
I'm excited to see this! I really want to pull the trigger on one of these, but from what I have read it doesn't seem like any of these units have all the features working yet.
Old 12-14-18, 11:57 AM
Ohisee
Rookie

I did a 12 min in depth overview and when I watched the video my camera was to far away that you couldn't really see the screen well. I'll get on it the weekend and upload video.
Old 12-14-18, 01:04 PM
tonydobbs
Driver School Candidate

I did a 12 min in depth overview and when I watched the video my camera was to far away that you couldn't really see the screen well. I'll get on it the weekend and upload video.
Thanks man! Quick question, does yours have a button for the air cleaner function?

Quick Reply: Tesla style radio