IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

*** Official ISx50C Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-10, 09:12 PM
RXSwoosh
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok.. Here is my MRM on F-Sports... Any thoughts on painting the calipers and colors?

Also thinking about blacking out chrome around the grill and gloss black emblems on back. Front emblem possible paint MRM as well. It is on f-sport suspension so I don't think it will ever get dropped any further. I have the carbon fiber dash kit on order from sherwood dash and the carbon fiber MOMO shift ****. Prestigious Society Nav override kit arrived today.

Last edited by RXSwoosh; 03-19-10 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-19-10, 04:37 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Holy cow that looks nice. I love the MRM.....I wish I could've found it here.

For painting the grill/emblems/etc, I've seen the Fox SEMA IS-C with the blacked out emblems and although it looked good, I think on the darker cars the chrome gives just as nice of an accent.
Old 03-19-10, 10:42 AM
RXSwoosh
Rookie

looks like image shack lost one of my photos... I will edit and get the other posted this evening as I actually like it best. Mikes rx.. thanks. I couldn't find MRM around here either at the time, especially with parking assist, so I had to order and wait 3 months. It was worth the wait just because i wouldn't have enjoyed it with the weather we had any way.
Old 03-19-10, 11:08 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ that is the first time i got to see the vert in MRM (Real owner, not commercial). All i got to say is DAMN! if that MRM on black wasnt pre-sold in my area, I would of had it. Well, congrats again and its looking good. i can respect the drop it looks good.

As to your future mods, like Mikes rx said chrome sets it off but you might be able to get away with hyper black? my opinion though, thats what i like. Let me know how the override works out. im really interested.
Old 03-19-10, 02:09 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

so, im on a mission for lip kits. I just contacted FiveAxis about their one off kit and im making my way to 0-60 mags POC. I just noticed from this article that their build included the ings+1 kit? looks molded to me?

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/lexus/l...n-ar81115.html

**Update the 0-60 Mag IS-C along with Fox Marketing's IS-C both have the ings+1 front lip custom fitted. hhmmm...this should work with the rest of the kits out there than?

Last edited by fknISC808; 03-19-10 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-19-10, 08:14 PM
RXSwoosh
Rookie

Here is the pic that was missing from above

I really had some affirmation today.... driving home from work on the crowded freeway, a guy in a new BMW 650 convertible works his way over next to me and has me turn down my ML and says "Wow, that is a really nice looking car!" I say "thanks, yours looks pretty nice as well" He says, "No, that is a really Nice looking car!" By this time, I am just grinnin' thinking, yep, and I spent a hell of lot less than you did!
Old 03-19-10, 08:24 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSwoosh
Here is the pic that was missing from above

I really had some affirmation today.... driving home from work on the crowded freeway, a guy in a new BMW 650 convertible works his way over next to me and has me turn down my ML and says "Wow, that is a really nice looking car!" I say "thanks, yours looks pretty nice as well" He says, "No, that is a really Nice looking car!" By this time, I am just grinnin' thinking, yep, and I spent a hell of lot less than you did!
Yeah! Another MRM!!! lookin good
Old 03-20-10, 03:00 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fknisc808 so these are the photos you talked about. no worry looks good...but i know you want to do another shoot now...i got new goodies for you
Old 03-20-10, 02:28 PM
JaxIS250
Driver

RXSWOOSH.....your car looks great! Really like the MRM with F-Sport wheel!
Old 03-20-10, 03:21 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

^^ Rxswoosh awesome! i would have thought the same thing. even got the bmw guys jockin lexus. that is one HOT color!

Originally Posted by REV-01
fknisc808 so these are the photos you talked about. no worry looks good...but i know you want to do another shoot now...i got new goodies for you
cheehuuu! i cant wait! Looks like ill be tuckin 2inch of rim shortly, Thanks Samson (Rev-01)!
Old 03-21-10, 06:27 AM
mikes rx

Default **wind deflector**

Just wondering if any of y'all of the factory wind deflector?

If so, can you give me your thoughts/review on it and also some pics of how it attaches?

I'm thinking about getting it....partially to cut down on wind turbulence on those slightly too cold/slightly too hot days, and also to give a look of a roll bar.

But, all the cars in my region (the north east region) come with park assist instead of the deflector unless special ordered....so no looking locally

TIA
Old 03-21-10, 09:14 AM
RXSwoosh
Rookie

Mikes RX... I had the opposite problem, they wanted my car to come with the deflector and I wanted the parking assist. I have never had a vert prior, but don't really think there is that much wind turbulence, at least it is a lot less than what I have experienced in other people's verts. I also think that the wind deflector looks really awkward. I just wear sunglasses and keep my hair extremely short! For me, a much cheaper and better looking option. I think it is also very awkward to store when not in use. It seems to gives almost no access to the back seat when in place.

I too am curious, for those who have them, do they really use them?
Old 03-21-10, 11:00 AM
mikes rx

yeah, no hair problem here either.....I keep it short as well.

My main thing is the cold wind when it's a little chilly, or the hot wind when it's too hot.

But, the one thing that I absolutely refuse to do it drive top down but windows up.
Old 03-21-10, 09:14 PM
RXSwoosh
Rookie

mikes rx -- ok, I will have to admit that on occasion, I will drive with the top down but all windows up.... agreed it really detracts from the overall look and I much prefer to have all windows down.

fknisc808 -- I did install the prestigious society navi enhancement kit today. The weather was lousy so I figured I would try to install it myself. WOW, what a PITA!!!!! The threads here were a huge help but I think the vent clips are bit different now on the 2010's or mine just wouldn't clip down like the video and descriptions said they would. I spent over 4 hours on this job and lots of frustration. I finally had to use one small screwdriver to pull the clip down and then shove another in to hold the clips down so that I could pry out the vent. Fortunately, no scratches or scars to dash or other. The job took me so long and the weather was still nasty, so I really haven't had a chance to take it out on the road and really test it out. Give me a few days and I will post a report. If you decide to tackle this one yourself, be prepared by reading up thoroughly and realize removing the air vents is a huge chore. Also, it is very helpful to have someone help once you get to the point of removing the nav unit and plugging the module in...
Old 03-22-10, 11:18 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

^^ WOW your diy sounds like it took you for a ride. If that works out great, i think im going to go the same route. Hopefully by then, VAIStech will have a compatible sl2vi unit so i can play music vids from my iPod. when you get to test it out let me know how it works.

pics of where you mounted device.

Quick Reply: *** Official ISx50C Thread ***