IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2021 IS Rear Turn Signal Bulb Swap to LED

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-21, 09:38 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 414 Likes on 175 Posts

Seems like the footwell light is also incandescent. Maybe replace that too?

Old 10-23-21, 10:02 PM
skygunner
Driver School Candidate

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Compromise
Seems like the footwell light is also incandescent. Maybe replace that too?
I never really noticed it. What size Zevo bulbs does it take?
Old 10-24-21, 07:14 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,263 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Originally Posted by skygunner
I never really noticed it. What size Zevo bulbs does it take?
Also 194 as with the others.
Old 10-24-21, 08:11 AM
skygunner
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Also 194 as with the others.
Thanks, I'll take care of it today. Those Zevo's are so bright, that it kind of overshadows the halogen floor light. I believe that's how I missed it.

Coming from my 19 DSG Golf R, this is kind of a lot to deal with. On my Golf R(43K), everything came LED. My IS cost 58K. It's crazy how much effort went into the exterior styling(LED) of the IS, minus the use of incandescent rear turn signals and some interior lighting. What's strange to me is that they went through all of the trouble of making the map and upper cabin lights LED with touch functionality..... while leaving these incandescent everywhere else🤷‍♂️ There had to be someone on the redesign team for 2021, that's said; "hey are you sure you wanna leave all these other lights halogen?"

I can't wait for my rear turn signals. Here's what I ordered. I really like how all of the LED's are focused at the top. I can't wait to complete this task! This thread should definitely be a sticky.

Old 10-24-21, 08:15 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Thanks, I'll take care of it today. Those Zevo's are so bright, that it kind of overshadows the halogen floor light. I believe that's how I missed it.

Coming from my 19 DSG Golf R, this is kind of a lot to deal with. On my Golf R(43K), everything came LED. My IS cost 58K. It's crazy how much effort went into the exterior styling(LED) of the IS, minus the use of incandescent rear turn signals and some interior lighting. What's strange to me is that they went through all of the trouble of making the map and upper cabin lights LED with touch functionality..... while leaving these incandescent everywhere else🤷‍♂️ There had to be someone on the redesign team for 2021, that's said; "hey are you sure you wanna leave all these other lights halogen?"

I can't wait for my rear turn signals. Here's what I ordered. I really like how all of the LED's are focused at the top. I can't wait to complete this task! This thread should definitely be a sticky.
Yeah I totally agree. And what bothers me is the discrepancy within the brand. A fully loaded ES350 F Sport costs around 54k and it brings more features than a fully loaded IS350 which is at 56k. And the ES is full LED. The only downside of the ES is that it’s Wrong-Wheel-Drive
The following users liked this post:
skygunner (10-24-21)
Old 10-24-21, 09:22 AM
skygunner
Driver School Candidate

Yeah I totally agree. And what bothers me is the discrepancy within the brand. A fully loaded ES350 F Sport costs around 54k and it brings more features than a fully loaded IS350 which is at 56k. And the ES is full LED. The only downside of the ES is that it’s Wrong-Wheel-Drive
Yeah it's ridiculous! Just installed the Zevo's in the footwells. It's crazy bright now...lol. The Zevo's look so good, those rear turning signals have to work!

Zevo

Stock halogen

Zevo door and footwell.
The following 2 users liked this post by skygunner:
Compromise (10-24-21), TipsyTonio (10-24-21)
Old 10-24-21, 09:45 AM
kj07xk
Instructor

Received 281 Likes on 215 Posts

Zevo door and footwell.
Hmmm…. Not a fan, sorry. Looks like a shop light was left on under there. Prefer the subtle warmth the halogens in the interior. But to each their own, it’s your car and should look the way you like it.
Old 10-24-21, 10:30 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,038 Posts

not to mention the ES offers real leather and a HUD. I guess it’s lexuses charity to senior citizens.
The following 2 users liked this post by macmaster:
skygunner (10-24-21), TipsyTonio (10-24-21)
Old 10-24-21, 11:19 AM
skygunner
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kj07xk
Hmmm…. Not a fan, sorry. Looks like a shop light was left on under there. Prefer the subtle warmth the halogens in the interior. But to each their own, it’s your car and should look the way you like it.
No worries. I absolutely love it. The halogens look like a 1991 Chrysler product. I'm all about making sure stuff matches. Paying $58,000 on a car with mismatch lighting, isn't going to work. Nonetheless, I'm glad you like your IS the way it is🙂👍
The following 2 users liked this post by skygunner:
kj07xk (10-24-21), TipsyTonio (10-24-21)
Old 10-24-21, 12:35 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Yeah it's ridiculous! Just installed the Zevo's in the footwells. It's crazy bright now...lol. The Zevo's look so good, those rear turning signals have to work!

Zevo

Stock halogen

Zevo door and footwell.
It looks so good! I’m excited to do it on mine. I was considering putting a Lexus logo projection light on the door, but swapping it to LED looks hood af too
skygunner (10-24-21)
Old 10-24-21, 01:21 PM
skygunner
Driver School Candidate

It looks so good! I’m excited to do it on mine. I was considering putting a Lexus logo projection light on the door, but swapping it to LED looks hood af too
In my opinion, it honestly makes the the car feel more complete/modern.
I still can't believe I missed the halogen footwell elimination...lol.

Old 10-24-21, 02:55 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

In my opinion, it honestly makes the the car feel more complete/modern.
I still can't believe I missed the halogen footwell elimination...lol.
Did you get the Zevo’s that are 1.0W? There are some out there currently that are only 0.5W. Idk why they are doing that.
Old 10-24-21, 03:51 PM
skygunner
Driver School Candidate

Did you get the Zevo’s that are 1.0W? There are some out there currently that are only 0.5W. Idk why they are doing that.
That's an interesting find. I was wondering why my footwell lights(1.0) are so much brighter..... All my other Zevo's are 0.5. I think the 1.0 should go on the doors and in the trunk. 0.5 for everything else. I'm glad you're doing all the research....
Old 10-24-21, 03:53 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

That's an interesting find. I was wondering why my footwell lights(1.0) are so much brighter..... All my other Zevo's are 0.5. I think the 1.0 should go on the doors and in the trunk. 0.5 for everything else. I'm glad you're doing all the research....
No problem! Yeah unfortunately I fell victim to that one already. Also, don’t be alarmed if when your 7440 arrive they don’t look like the ones in the picture. I personally prefer the ones in the picture as they are higher wattage and they direct the light outwards, but lately they are selling some blade style, lower wattage models. When I inquired with Sylvania they told me they no longer make them. So basically to get the ones in the picture for sure you’d have to get them in store and see if they have any those models.
skygunner (10-24-21)
Old 10-24-21, 05:44 PM
skygunner
Driver School Candidate

No problem! Yeah unfortunately I fell victim to that one already. Also, don’t be alarmed if when your 7440 arrive they don’t look like the ones in the picture. I personally prefer the ones in the picture as they are higher wattage and they direct the light outwards, but lately they are selling some blade style, lower wattage models. When I inquired with Sylvania they told me they no longer make them. So basically to get the ones in the picture for sure you’d have to get them in store and see if they have any those models.
I'm glad you prepared me. It's seriously lame that they don't have a standard, and make big changes behind the scenes without really telling the end-user. I noticed all of the other lights in-stock had a blade style design. That style seem to only have one LED on each side, consisting of two per unit. I really like the design of what is advertised online, because it focuses the light forward instead of to the sides. At this point I just hope they work without hyper flashing. If they don't work, it'll be a good reason for accepting the return.

Quick Reply: 2021 IS Rear Turn Signal Bulb Swap to LED