IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Want to set DRL, Foglights, and Turn Signals to operate at the same time.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-19, 12:00 PM
Dexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to set DRL, Foglights, and Turn Signals to operate at the same time.

I want to use a relay to have my DRL, and Fog Lights to also work when my turn signals are on. I already have the fog lights wired to a switch and a relay that is already on the harness. Can anyone explain if I should use a 5 pin or 4 pin relay? I would also like to know if the turn signal switch in the car needs to be wired into the relay or not? And one more question, should I get 2 relays to run each side of lights through it's own relay? Any diagrams, written explanations, videos, or verbal correspondence would be greatly appreciated. Thank everyone in advance for your assistance. Dexus
Old 08-15-19, 02:48 PM
HieroGLFX
Driver School Candidate

Bump!

I don't have fogs, but I do want the DRLs to stay on when I have my blinkers on. I swear the Loaner I had for a few days had the DRLs stay on when the blinkers are on.
Old 08-15-19, 11:09 PM
a1rh3adsz
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The DRLs do stay on if you are using your blinkers, they dont go off.
Old 08-15-19, 11:54 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by a1rh3adsz
The DRLs do stay on if you are using your blinkers, they dont go off.
Yeah I’m wondering the same thing as my DRLs stay on when I activate my blinkers.
Old 08-16-19, 07:47 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 784 Likes on 401 Posts

If you're trying to accomplish making your DRL's operate as turn signals with your normal signals, It would be wiser to have a Ghozt module or something of the like control the DRL entirely, with turn signal taps. Gerlicious Performance does these retrofits and theyre awesome!

If you used a standard relay with power coming from the existing turn signal wire than I suppose that would work? Not sure thats the best way to achieve that goal.
Old 08-17-19, 06:11 AM
Dexus
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Pittsy, I did purchase the relays, part of what I was trying to figure out is the wiring. I wanted to know if I would need a relay for each side of the car, one for right and the other for the left side? My last issue was how do I connect the fog light switch, as well as the internal left and right turn signal switches to the relay, or relays? I have a lot of questions as this is my first time attempting this. I have done most of my mods myself, and I am confident that I can do this one well also, but I just need a little help to get me over the huddles. Thanks much DEXUS.
Old 08-17-19, 08:09 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by Dexus
Thanks Pittsy, I did purchase the relays, part of what I was trying to figure out is the wiring. I wanted to know if I would need a relay for each side of the car, one for right and the other for the left side? My last issue was how do I connect the fog light switch, as well as the internal left and right turn signal switches to the relay, or relays? I have a lot of questions as this is my first time attempting this. I have done most of my mods myself, and I am confident that I can do this one well also, but I just need a little help to get me over the huddles. Thanks much DEXUS.
At first I thought you were wondering how to keep the DRLs on when turning on the turn signal stock. That’s where we were confused because they do stay on.