IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Renewing Your Lexus Enform Subscription

Old 04-25-19, 06:14 AM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Renewing Your Lexus Enform Subscription

Not sure if this has been posted before, but was wondering if any of you decided to renew your Lexus Enform subscription when your complimentary time was about to run out. I just got a letter in the mail notifying me that my 1 year complimentary subscription was going to expire soon, since I purchased my IS last June.

I honestly haven't really used the app features at all. Although I've used the remote start once/twice to try it out, I (as many of you) hated the part where you'd be able to start the car remotely but it'd shut off when you unlock/open the door. And I didn't use the navigation interest point updates or destination assist. Needless to say, I probably won't be renewing.

What are your thoughts?
Old 04-25-19, 07:26 AM
Jezza819
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't renew destination assist because I never used it and it was pretty expensive to keep it. I did renew safety connect and remote start. I used the remote start a lot this past winter to get the frost off the car in the morning before heading to work. I understand why it does the engine shut off when you open the door, to keep someone from hopping in it and stealing the car. But I also find it funny that they don't take the same concern when the remote is away from the car. Get out of the car and go 20 feet to check your mail or something and somebody can jump in and drive off and I don't think you can do anything about it.
Old 04-25-19, 07:34 AM
RKSTRAT
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I was disappointed when I found that the 2018 came with 10 years free for the whole package.
My 2017 had only the one year. Last time I checked, I think you could unbundle and pay $80/yr for the
Safety/Service connect. Yes, I will be doing that. BTW, they gave me two years free after I complained about the
2018 upgrade, which I was not aware of when I purchased a left-over 2017.
Old 04-25-19, 07:37 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine is coming up soon. I plan on renewing remote start as I'm using several times a day, even in the summer time.

Originally Posted by Jezza819
But I also find it funny that they don't take the same concern when the remote is away from the car. Get out of the car and go 20 feet to check your mail or something and somebody can jump in and drive off and I don't think you can do anything about it.
More likely scenario is your husband/wife drops you off somewhere, but you have the key, and car shuts down as they pull out onto a busy street/intersection. Yeah no thanks.
Old 04-25-19, 07:41 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RKSTRAT
I was disappointed when I found that the 2018 came with 10 years free for the whole package.
My 2017 had only the one year. Last time I checked, I think you could unbundle and pay $80/yr for the
Safety/Service connect. Yes, I will be doing that. BTW, they gave me two years free after I complained about the
2018 upgrade, which I was not aware of when I purchased a left-over 2017.
The 10 years free only applies to Safety/Service. Keep in mind there is also Remote and Destination Assist which does not get the 10 years.
The following users liked this post:
Stereorob (04-27-19)
Old 04-25-19, 08:02 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,488 Likes on 1,797 Posts

Like Jezza819 I also just renewed the Safety Connect and Remote. I am not sure whether I'll want to renew this fall when I'll only have 6 months left on the lease. I think I can handle it for that amount of time.
Old 04-25-19, 08:03 AM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Oh, I didn't know 2017 and previous year models didn't come with the 10 year complimentary Safety Service Connect. Agree with the remote start use, but it's just a pet peeve of mine where if I just wanted to heat/cool the inside of the car quickly (not wait out for 10 min) then jump in and go, I would have to restart my car every time. The domestic rental cars I've driven in the past that have the remote start capability integrated in the key fob made sense IMO, where the engine kept running and I can just take off and drive.
Old 04-25-19, 10:16 AM
Jezza819
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
Like Jezza819 I also just renewed the Safety Connect and Remote. I am not sure whether I'll want to renew this fall when I'll only have 6 months left on the lease. I think I can handle it for that amount of time.
My lease expires late this year too and I'll only renew remote start on the ES350 or UX250h I'll be getting. Don't know which one I want yet.
Old 04-25-19, 01:42 PM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Can you only renew the remote start option of the subscription? When I received my renewal email it seemed to me, and I hope that I am wrong, that the only way to get the remote start was to upgrade to the package level it was included. Again, I am hoping that I’m wrong, because I know it’s not worth what they were asking, but if it were a stand alone option and cheap enough, I’d be willing to pay for that convenience.
Old 04-25-19, 01:44 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KYLexusMkr
Can you only renew the remote start option of the subscription? When I received my renewal email it seemed to me, and I hope that I am wrong, that the only way to get the remote start was to upgrade to the package level it was included. Again, I am hoping that I’m wrong, because I know it’s not worth what they were asking, but if it were a stand alone option and cheap enough, I’d be willing to pay for that convenience.
Should be $8/mo or $80/year for Remote only.
The following users liked this post:
KYLexusMkr (04-25-19)
Old 04-25-19, 02:05 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 376 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by RX_330
For remote it's $8 only but they force you to get the safety connect because they said you can't get remote on it's own. Not sure if they changed the policy but this is my 2nd year buying it. I only get it for the remote start for the winter season, with the safety connect it's $16 per month
Old 04-25-19, 02:06 PM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RX_330
I may just have to call, when I got to “manage my subscription” tab it doesn’t allow me to select remote only. It does have it bundled with Safety connect + Destination assist + Remote for $24mo. The next least expensive option goes to $16mo without remote, the $8mo for Safety connect only. 🤯
Old 04-25-19, 02:16 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by swaangin
For remote it's $8 only but they force you to get the safety connect because they said you can't get remote on it's own. Not sure if they changed the policy but this is my 2nd year buying it. I only get it for the remote start for the winter season, with the safety connect it's $16 per month
I'm only 1.5 months from my trial ending, but I just went online and tried to add a year of Remote only and I was able to get all the way through payment information without any mention of Safety Connect. I didn't complete it yet, maybe I'll wait for my trial to end and see if I can still do it.
Old 04-25-19, 02:20 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

For reference, at least for a 2018 IS, this is what I see in the "My Lexus Enform." It tells me that my Destination Assist and Remote services will be expiring in June, but my Safety Connect is good until June 2028 (10 years from when I bought my car). Also, it looks like you can individually add whatever you want a la carte. I'm not going to renew, but I'd assume you would be able to just add the Remote Start option if that's all you wanted to renew then choose for how long.

Old 04-25-19, 02:53 PM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by unioncorps
For reference, at least for a 2018 IS, this is what I see in the "My Lexus Enform." It tells me that my Destination Assist and Remote services will be expiring in June, but my Safety Connect is good until June 2028 (10 years from when I bought my car). Also, it looks like you can individually add whatever you want a la carte. I'm not going to renew, but I'd assume you would be able to just add the Remote Start option if that's all you wanted to renew then choose for how long.

Yeah, I’ll have to call, your screenshots are completely different from my available options. It doesn’t even offer an ala cart drop menu or options. On the good note, at least I do know they offer it. I know I’m not crazy about paying for the remote start, but I do use it quite often in the summer just to cool it down before I get in. One thing I can’t stand is a hot car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Renewing Your Lexus Enform Subscription