IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Renewing Your Lexus Enform Subscription

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-19, 02:59 PM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

These are all that are offered through my drivers login update page.
Old 04-25-19, 03:17 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I did not renew my Lexus Enform, for the price I did not find any 'value' in it.
Old 04-25-19, 06:27 PM
RKSTRAT
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RX_330
The 10 years free only applies to Safety/Service. Keep in mind there is also Remote and Destination Assist which does not get the 10 years.
Sorry for the inaccurate info. After reading and calling Lexus, I thought it was the whole bundle 10y free.
I now don’t feel as bad about the 2017.
Old 04-26-19, 12:54 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Yeah I've complained about it on here a lot, but the remote start is useless to me if the car just turns off when you open the car. That whole security thing is BS because even though remote start turns the car on, the doors stay locked. The only way you're jumping in the car and driving off is if you have the key nearby to unlock the car with the handle or pressing unlock on the key fob. My buddies Ford Escape has remote start that doesn't turn the car off when you open the door and it makes me so angry/jealous seeing him jump in his car and it stay on lol.
Old 04-26-19, 09:19 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 812 Likes on 410 Posts

As soon as I picked up my 2015 RC, which had its enform already expired, I immediately bought the remote+safety connect package. Living in AZ, where temps in the summer quite frequently peak over 120 degrees, remote start is invaluable, even though it shuts off. Its finally hitting 100 degrees here and its already proving itself useful. I remote start the car for 1 to 2 cycles with the AC on full blast. Makes the car bearable to drive during the summer.
The following users liked this post:
Jezza819 (04-26-19)
Old 04-26-19, 01:27 PM
Jezza819
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsy
As soon as I picked up my 2015 RC, which had its enform already expired, I immediately bought the remote+safety connect package. Living in AZ, where temps in the summer quite frequently peak over 120 degrees, remote start is invaluable, even though it shuts off. Its finally hitting 100 degrees here and its already proving itself useful. I remote start the car for 1 to 2 cycles with the AC on full blast. Makes the car bearable to drive during the summer.
It's more helpful to me in the winter time. Since I have to park the car outside I would much rather have the frost cleared off and my seat already warm when I get out to the car than to sit there in a cold car waiting for the glasses to clear.
Old 04-26-19, 02:04 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 812 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Jezza819
It's more helpful to me in the winter time. Since I have to park the car outside I would much rather have the frost cleared off and my seat already warm when I get out to the car than to sit there in a cold car waiting for the glasses to clear.
If it got cold here in AZ(lets ignore this year, it snowed for the first time in the valley in a long, long time), I would use it for the same reason. In the mean time I'm going to continue to burn in the oven out here.
Old 04-27-19, 05:36 AM
CarlitoIS
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

I don't use it much but living in Miami, it does get hot, the remote start would be a plus at times. I just hate how it turns off when you open the door. I wish you could bypass that feature.
Old 04-27-19, 01:40 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

its a quirky system but it really is worth having. those ten minute run cycles come in REALLY handy when its hot out.

IF you re-activate, at the time of connection keep the car outside, far as you can from any buildings including high tension lines

if you haven't used it in awhile, you will need to delete/reinstall the app, and reset your password.

if it doesn't take after a few minutes and you get stuck in Pending status, turn car off/on, between 2 15 min drive cycles.

you'll know when its up when you start receiving email alerts about vehicle statuses.
Old 04-28-19, 08:40 AM
Jezza819
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stereorob
you'll know when its up when you start receiving email alerts about vehicle statuses.
When my car went in for it's first service I kept getting text message alerts about the car being unlocked. It took me awhile to figure out how to go into the app and turn off the notification for the doors being unlocked. Just had to turn it back on when I got the car back.
Old 04-29-19, 07:41 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Also, as long as the Remote subscription is active, you can still remote start using the keyfob using the original "lock button 3x + hold" method.
Old 05-03-19, 01:40 PM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

So I just spoke with an associate of Lexus Enform. The cost to keep the remote feature is $16 a month. For those who have the 10 year safety connect, it is only $8. The reason being is that you don’t have to pay for the Safety Connect feature, whereas others would. For myself, because Enform is a safety service, I have to subscribe to the safety feature first for $8mo. and then any feature beyond that is $8mo. More there after so $16 total a month or $160 a year. 🤬
Old 05-04-19, 06:50 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by KYLexusMkr
So I just spoke with an associate of Lexus Enform. The cost to keep the remote feature is $16 a month. For those who have the 10 year safety connect, it is only $8. The reason being is that you don’t have to pay for the Safety Connect feature, whereas others would. For myself, because Enform is a safety service, I have to subscribe to the safety feature first for $8mo. and then any feature beyond that is $8mo. More there after so $16 total a month or $160 a year. 🤬
I think you have a 2017 IS, right? I thought the 10-year "complimentary" Safety Connect feature was included for the 2017s as well or was it just 2018+?
Old 05-05-19, 08:54 AM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by unioncorps
I think you have a 2017 IS, right? I thought the 10-year "complimentary" Safety Connect feature was included for the 2017s as well or was it just 2018+?
It may have been for later ‘17 MY, I couldn’t say for sure, but I purchased mine in July. I did get 3yrs complimentary full service Enform, but I know I don’t have the 10yr safety connect due to the pricing. It would be nice though as I would certainly pay the $8 extra for the remote start feature, but can’t see $16mo/$160 year. I’ll just put that towards an aftermarket version instead.
Old 05-05-19, 09:56 AM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

Now I just need to find a good aftermarket system for these vehicles. Any suggestions of the top?

Quick Reply: Renewing Your Lexus Enform Subscription