IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Potential Buyer

Old 07-28-18, 08:35 PM
Sibze
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential Buyer

Hey everyone,

Looking at purchasing a new IS350 F Sport. Looking at Atomic Silver and Ultra White.

anything I should get during ordering or anything to say about those colours? I have read that Lexus paint is soft.
Old 07-29-18, 12:29 AM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Pretty broad question here. Specs is pretty much up to you, and what you'd like your car to have. People will mostly likely tell you to get the ML system upgrade for better sound quality.

Ultra White is what I have, and it's personally my favorite color on the car. The Atomic Silver paint can look different from multiple viewing angles depending on the lighting. Both are great color choices.

And yes, the paint is soft and prone to rock chips. Get a Paint Protection Film, which doesn't have to be done at the dealer.
Old 07-29-18, 04:19 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by premier3IS
Pretty broad question here. Specs is pretty much up to you, and what you'd like your car to have. People will mostly likely tell you to get the ML system upgrade for better sound quality.

Ultra White is what I have, and it's personally my favorite color on the car. The Atomic Silver paint can look different from multiple viewing angles depending on the lighting. Both are great color choices.

And yes, the paint is soft and prone to rock chips. Get a Paint Protection Film, which doesn't have to be done at the dealer.
Yes, if you are ordering, i agree that the ML System upgrade is worth it, unless you primarily llisten to Sirius XM.
Old 07-29-18, 06:39 AM
Sibze
Driver School Candidate

Yes, sorry I know it's a broad questions but I meant it to be. Sometimes with car forums there is that one option you shouldn't miss or that one colour you shouldn't get etc.

I've already noticed comments about the smaller engine for example.
Old 07-29-18, 08:20 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,911 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Sibze
Yes, sorry I know it's a broad questions but I meant it to be. Sometimes with car forums there is that one option you shouldn't miss or that one colour you shouldn't get etc.

I've already noticed comments about the smaller engine for example.
I prefer darker colors. I don't like how the black plastic portion of the rear bumper sticks out like a sore thumb when in ultra white. Looks cheap to me.

Old 07-29-18, 09:20 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have Atomic Silver and it's such a luscious color. Definitely get the ML.
Old 07-29-18, 10:48 AM
Sibze
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by macmaster
I prefer darker colors. I don't like how the black plastic portion of the rear bumper sticks out like a sore thumb when in ultra white. Looks cheap to me.
Thanks! I have a black Camaro right now which is my fun car this will be used for business so I'd like to stay away from a dark colour this time haha

Originally Posted by RX_330
I have Atomic Silver and it's such a luscious color. Definitely get the ML.
Thank you! The one I'm looking at as the ML
Old 07-29-18, 05:45 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
How does the rear diffuser "look cheap" because it's black? What color would you expect it to be, matching white?

Probably the first time I've ever heard this, but to each their own I guess......
Old 07-29-18, 11:18 PM
RageRacerM
Advanced

Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

Wanted to share this pic of my car. I dont think the diffuser looks bad at all? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say...
Old 07-30-18, 08:04 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,478 Likes on 1,792 Posts

Originally Posted by Sibze
Thanks! I have a black Camaro right now which is my fun car this will be used for business so I'd like to stay away from a dark colour this time haha

Thank you! The one I'm looking at as the ML
If this one's for business, definitely can't go wrong with either of those colors. The good thing about Atomic Silver (which I have) is that it can get really dirty and still look fine. Beyond that, it is a unique color with lots of depth. However, Ultra White is good too, and I think it's what I see the most on F Sports. I think Atomic Silver makes a bit more of an impression though.

Make sure you get PPF though. I didn't, and I have quite a few rock chips. I don't drive on the highway often, either.
Old 07-30-18, 04:14 PM
Sibze
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by arentz07
If this one's for business, definitely can't go wrong with either of those colors. The good thing about Atomic Silver (which I have) is that it can get really dirty and still look fine. Beyond that, it is a unique color with lots of depth. However, Ultra White is good too, and I think it's what I see the most on F Sports. I think Atomic Silver makes a bit more of an impression though.

Make sure you get PPF though. I didn't, and I have quite a few rock chips. I don't drive on the highway often, either.
Thanks! That helps with the colour choice for sure. And yes, PPF. It'll be lease so I don't love doing PPF on a lease but it'll drive me crazy.