IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2015 IS350 Fsport Navigation keep on rebooting !

Old 02-05-18, 08:02 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
Default 2015 IS350 Fsport Navigation keep on rebooting !

Hi guys, Sorry for the repost i couldn't find other thread, This navigation happened to me couple times last year, i have updated the Firmware from the links from one of the member here, it stopped since, that was last Winter and it lasts for i think a year until this winter, it happens again, same time same weather, ive talked to Dealership they told me to perform an update, man i have already updated from their LExus website, anybody knows any other trick ? i think i read somewhere here but spent an hour already just can't find that Thread...thanks
Old 02-05-18, 09:10 PM
minhael
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Solara350
Hi guys, Sorry for the repost i couldn't find other thread, This navigation happened to me couple times last year, i have updated the Firmware from the links from one of the member here, it stopped since, that was last Winter and it lasts for i think a year until this winter, it happens again, same time same weather, ive talked to Dealership they told me to perform an update, man i have already updated from their LExus website, anybody knows any other trick ? i think i read somewhere here but spent an hour already just can't find that Thread...thanks
Maybe you can hard reset the ****** by disconnecting the battery.
Old 02-05-18, 10:36 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by minhael
Maybe you can hard reset the ****** by disconnecting the battery.
This.

5min or so should be enough
Old 02-06-18, 04:34 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

There should be a firmware update for the navigation system that addresses the rebooting. Take it to the dealer.
Old 02-06-18, 07:31 AM
Jaddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was rebooting as well, took it to the dealership and they told me I had a defective navigation system. They ended up replacing the whole system.
Old 02-06-18, 08:00 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jaddy
Mine was rebooting as well, took it to the dealership and they told me I had a defective navigation system. They ended up replacing the whole system.
I certainly hope they checked the TSIB's before hand cause they will get charged back if the system has an old firmware.
Old 02-06-18, 08:27 AM
Jaddy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by loophole35
I certainly hope they checked the TSIB's before hand cause they will get charged back if the system has an old firmware.
Common problem for that part to be defective.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...rebooting.html
Old 02-06-18, 08:45 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Common problem for that part to be defective.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...rebooting.html
Yes it's "common" but the firmware update usually fixes it without the need to replace the unit. Unless the firmware update fails and bricks the unit (very uncommon). I like many hate the idea of removing interior components unnecessarily as you end up with fit differences and the chance that a rattle develops because something was disturbed.
Old 02-06-18, 09:03 AM
Jaddy
Driver School Candidate

Yes it's "common" but the firmware update usually fixes it without the need to replace the unit. Unless the firmware update fails and bricks the unit (very uncommon). I like many hate the idea of removing interior components unnecessarily as you end up with fit differences and the chance that a rattle develops because something was disturbed.
Well of course, if there is a easier fix like a firmware update I would try that first. I would take it to the dealer so they could diagnose it first though. My unit was fixed at first with just a updated firmware through the dealer, after 2 months it started happening again. I brought it back to the dealer and they said I had a defective unit and replaced it. Never had an issue for about a year now. I would suggest taking it to the dealer for a diagnosis if the vehicle is still under warranty. But I agree wouldn't take anything out in the interior if it's not needed personally hate rattle.
Old 02-06-18, 09:38 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Well of course, if there is a easier fix like a firmware update I would try that first. I would take it to the dealer so they could diagnose it first though. My unit was fixed at first with just a updated firmware through the dealer, after 2 months it started happening again. I brought it back to the dealer and they said I had a defective unit and replaced it. Never had an issue for about a year now. I would suggest taking it to the dealer for a diagnosis if the vehicle is still under warranty. But I agree wouldn't take anything out in the interior if it's not needed personally hate rattle.
^^Same here. I agree that the firmware update usually fixes the issue, but, there are some that require unit replacement (myself included). Take it to the dealer before your warranty expires.
They performed a firmware update on my unit first and after it didn't fix the problem they determined that my unit was corrupted. It was replaced under warranty.
Old 02-06-18, 07:10 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Thanks everyone, ill try disconnecting the battery since firmware didn't work, also my car is out of warranty i drive a lot, i can't believe Lexus has problem with Electrical system, Nav system rebooting every single day on my way home from work, its getting annoying.
Old 02-06-18, 07:18 PM
SikhSipahi
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Took mine in for the same issue last week. They tried doing a hard reset. It didn't fix the problem, they ordered a new unit.
Old 02-06-18, 11:17 PM
jay90011
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by doodlebug
^^Same here. I agree that the firmware update usually fixes the issue, but, there are some that require unit replacement (myself included). Take it to the dealer before your warranty expires.
They performed a firmware update on my unit first and after it didn't fix the problem they determined that my unit was corrupted. It was replaced under warranty.
X2 for me, firmware update fixed it for a about 4 months until it started rebooting again. This time the hard reset method no longer worked.(hard reset method is to hold down the power button until the unit resets itself.) Also disconnected the battery terminals for 15 minutes with no success. Dropped off the car at the dealer on Friday and waiting for them to replace the unit. My SA did mention i was the 3rd IS350 in this month to have the same issue. I wonder if an update caused my unit to brick this time around. Last time this happen though it was due to the traffic update issue.
Old 02-07-18, 04:41 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Solara350
Thanks everyone, ill try disconnecting the battery since firmware didn't work, also my car is out of warranty i drive a lot, i can't believe Lexus has problem with Electrical system, Nav system rebooting every single day on my way home from work, its getting annoying.
Pioneer makes the headunit in the IS IIRC. This was one of the first cars with this new generation of infotament system so issues are to be expected.

As it's a common issue try contacting Lexus directly to see if they will help you.
Old 02-07-18, 05:08 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Pioneer makes the headunit in the IS IIRC. This was one of the first cars with this new generation of infotament system so issues are to be expected.

As it's a common issue try contacting Lexus directly to see if they will help you.
Lexus should perform a recall to fulfill their "Pursuit of Perfection" since this is a well-known issue, i don't mind about cracking or suspension noise i usually fix them myself and i don't know much about Electrical also this issue is Programmer Engineer related, Ay Yah Toyota gave me ZERO issue in 20+ years, Lexus gave me many issue in 2.5 years, time to look at "Toyota Camry 2018 XSE or Avalon" thanks for your info bro.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 IS350 Fsport Navigation keep on rebooting !