IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014-2017 ISxxx remote start with oem remote 3click

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-17, 11:42 PM
DJSpeed
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by anamynous
Does your Lexus have navigation, and if not, do you know if this will work with cars with nav? I've been reading a lot about how aftermarket options won't work with cars that have nav.
I have navi and it works fine
Old 11-30-17, 12:46 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DJSpeed
no. cause I just bought the module about 2/3 weeks ago for $20 and did it myself. I have other friends that that wanted me to flash theres to so the $20 was nothing really

plus having the flash module allows u to go in and change your settings if u need to. especially when u don't like the defaults. for example default run time is 15min. not enough time to get car really warm in winter time. u can change it up to 30min. you also can change the delay to start time. do u want the doors to unlock or stay locked when it starts. the sequence of button presses and so forth. not lots of options but enough for the picky ones. lol

ps - all the wires are easily accessible... except for 1... the one under the steering column. the clip for the steering wheel lock sits under the panel under the steering wheel
is the standard the doors are locked?
Old 11-30-17, 04:25 AM
Aleksei
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

It will work on 2014 and up with Navigation or without. USA or Canada with enform or without. It will work as aftermarket car starter, except that unit operates Our PUSH BUTTON START by bypassing immobilizer to start our vehicle using oem remote. If you want extended rannge have to buy more parts with long range remote that will be bulking up key chain. It will work only at the range of our remotes.
In regard flashing software, anybody can do it, i checked and you can too. The only thing you need is ads-usb cable that cost extra. If dealer can flash it for you will be saving about 38$usd. ( https://m.ebay.com/itm/iDatalink-ADS...wAAOSwoJZXR230 )

Will attach picture of default settings for it and it is planty or too much for 15 min default to warm up. 10min is sufficient.

The following users liked this post:
lexuscanuk (11-30-17)
Old 11-30-17, 04:58 AM
lexuscanuk
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you. please confirm if the engine shuts off when you first open the door after it has been remote started.
Sorry, missed your comment all the way down the first page the answer to this is YES it will shut off the car.
Old 11-30-17, 06:58 AM
Aleksei
Driver

After install you or your installer should follow this procedures to verify all working ok and that all wires connected appropriately.
I did it and the car will shut down by:
1. pressing 3 times lock from oem remote
2. Opening doors
3. While inside (locking yourself inside and starting it through remote) pressing on the brakes
4. Opening the hood
5. Trunk doesn't respond on button press at the trunk
6. Finally the car will shut down after 15min and interior radio/ lights / heated seats will be turned off.

Old 11-30-17, 07:13 AM
Aleksei
Driver

Forgot to mention that you can change default settings of the unit without ads-usb cable. Procedure of button presses will change any default setting that you would like to change for example: run time 5 min vs default 15 min.
Flashing cable just needed for one time procedure is to flash software to the unit everything else can be done on the unit itself. The only time you need flashing cable again if you decide to add in the future aftermarket alarm or aftermarket remotes wich will require re-flashing to a specific addition.
Old 11-30-17, 11:53 AM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

My local installer put this on my 2015 IS years ago. Works perfectly. The only downside is limited range which can be addressed with an aftermarket antenna and remote (e.g. a remote starter system with the iDatalink module as the bypass device).
Old 11-30-17, 12:20 PM
lexuscanuk
Driver

pulled the trigger on this. I should get it by next week Winter is coming!
Old 11-30-17, 01:32 PM
Aleksei
Driver

Originally Posted by lexuscanuk
pulled the trigger on this. I should get it by next week Winter is coming!
do they flash it for you? If yes what software did you asked them to flash?
installing yourself?
Old 11-30-17, 05:56 PM
Turismo
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I just ordered one as well. I'm sure the range limitations will limit the usefulness somewhat, but for 50 bucks and an hour or so of work on the install, seems like one of the best mods going!

thanks for the tip! Do you have a link to a good installation guide or the video you used?
Old 11-30-17, 07:17 PM
lexuscanuk
Driver

Originally Posted by Aleksei
do they flash it for you? If yes what software did you asked them to flash?
installing yourself?
Yes, I put a note when I bought it requesting them to flash the software and I gave them my car details. They said they would do it.
I will be trying to install it myself.... i am no pro but I just installed an android headunit and a backup camera for my wife Rav4 and I am feeling pretty good to take on a challenge we will see.
Old 12-01-17, 04:28 AM
Aleksei
Driver

Make sure they install:

ADS-AL(RS)-TL7 Factory remote, as Stand alone

Tips:
Buy few smallest tap ins because some wires are so tiny, i have used red and blue ones. Electrical tape and zip ties a must.

Use a picture from post 3 for location and wire color only (very helpfull). And follow idatalink install guide. Picture is for isxxx 14-15 but from different manufacturer, so there is couple of wires we do not need to connect, and two wires named differently. So go by the color and pin location.
One wire for (parking lights 2 - pin 08) you need to cut and make a direct connections coming from ALCA for each end.

It took me 3 hours at least, but i have never done it before. So I took my time to make sure all is insulated properly and zip tied well.
Try connecting the unit and see if it works before hiding wires and mounting unit. I had one wire that wasn't connected well at the obd connector through tap in so had to splice in manually with electric tape to fix it.
Old 12-01-17, 04:52 AM
lexuscanuk
Driver

Make sure they install:ADS-AL(RS)-TL7 Factory remote, as Stand alone

Tips:
Buy few smallest tap ins because some wires are so tiny, i have used red and blue ones. Electrical tape and zip ties a must.

Use a picture from post 3 for location and wire color only (very helpfull). And follow idatalink install guide. Picture is for isxxx 14-15 but from different manufacturer, so there is couple of wires we do not need to connect, and two wires named differently. So go by the color and pin location.
One wire for (parking lights 2 - pin 08) you need to cut and make a direct connections coming from ALCA for each end.

It took me 3 hours at least, but i have never done it before. So I took my time to make sure all is insulated properly and zip tied well.
Try connecting the unit and see if it works before hiding wires and mounting unit. I had one wire that wasn't connected well at the obd connector through tap in so had to splice in manually with electric tape to fix it.

I told them to flash the software/program for my car (gave him my car info) and they said OK, I hope that it meant what you saying about the Stand-Alone. It already shipped I will see I guess.
Old 12-01-17, 06:27 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmm wouldn’t you want it to relock the doors after start?

Local installer that sells the unit and flashes charges $250 for installation and flash! Another reputable installer will do for $150 and another for $90. Decisions!

It will work on 2014 and up with Navigation or without. USA or Canada with enform or without. It will work as aftermarket car starter, except that unit operates Our PUSH BUTTON START by bypassing immobilizer to start our vehicle using oem remote. If you want extended rannge have to buy more parts with long range remote that will be bulking up key chain. It will work only at the range of our remotes.
In regard flashing software, anybody can do it, i checked and you can too. The only thing you need is ads-usb cable that cost extra. If dealer can flash it for you will be saving about 38$usd. ( https://m.ebay.com/itm/iDatalink-ADS...wAAOSwoJZXR230 )

Will attach picture of default settings for it and it is planty or too much for 15 min default to warm up. 10min is sufficient.

Old 12-01-17, 08:41 PM
Aleksei
Driver

Why would you be relocking already locked doors? They never been unlocked during Lock lock lock procedure. Look carefully at defaul settings first line - DISARM/UNLOCK BEFORE START default setting OFF

the guy “reputable” when sold me the unit told me that I won’t be able to make it work as stand alone remote starter unit because he thought it was just a bypass module, he didn’t know it could be done with push button start cars. But i did a little reading before buying and told him what to flash. Moral to the story Do not believe “reputable” shops/dealers they want your money, do your research and pay to the shop you trust .
Before buying for $85 CAD I found different prices like
Local install shop (just unit) 100$ plus taxes with free flash
walmart.ca 106$ plus tax no flash obviously
kijiji (like craigslist) $85 no tax flash included.
etc
I found cheapest quote from local shop installed $250CAD all in and “reputable” shop would do it in 45 min. Be honest if I would not know how it could be done, I would pay it. Its not a big money for great convenience.
The following users liked this post:
LexSense (12-02-17)

Quick Reply: 2014-2017 ISxxx remote start with oem remote 3click