IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-17, 07:42 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lexus extended warranty?

Anyone get extended warranty? Worth it? I believe there are two packages, gold and extra platinum. I'm also considering getting extended warranty through a bank.
Old 04-05-17, 07:23 AM
twixx007
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I had it on both my RX and 2IS. I have used it on both and I have gotten my money's worth back 2 fold. When I sold my RX it was easier to sell because there was a warranty with it that I could transfer. Also, if the buyer didn't want it Lexus would refund it but at a pro-rated rate.i I got mine from a guy in Louisiana at Lexus. I purchased is over the phone because he beat all other Lexus dealer's prices. Do a search on this site and you'll find his information.
Old 04-05-17, 12:48 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

I have lexus extended warranties on my cars. i also had an lexus extended warranty on my 2IS and it paid for itself and then some in warranty repairs.
Old 04-06-17, 05:58 AM
btanchors
Driver

Questions on the Extended Warranties (or Vehicle Service Agreements, as Lexus calls them).

What terms are available? I am interested in the Platinum warranty. I looked on the Lexus Financial Services website and they do not list the term lengths available, nor do they list the cost.

I have owned many Toyotas and one previous Lexus. I know Toyota is now offering a Toyota Platinum Zero deductible term of up to 10 years and 125,000 miles on a new vehicle. Does Lexus offer the same terms?

Also - are they available for purchase by other dealers, or do you have to purchase from the selling dealer?
Old 04-06-17, 07:23 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by btanchors
Questions on the Extended Warranties (or Vehicle Service Agreements, as Lexus calls them).

What terms are available? I am interested in the Platinum warranty. I looked on the Lexus Financial Services website and they do not list the term lengths available, nor do they list the cost.

I have owned many Toyotas and one previous Lexus. I know Toyota is now offering a Toyota Platinum Zero deductible term of up to 10 years and 125,000 miles on a new vehicle. Does Lexus offer the same terms?

Also - are they available for purchase by other dealers, or do you have to purchase from the selling dealer?
i believe the maximum terms allowed per lexus are eight years and 125k miles with a zero deductible. the price will vary from dealer to dealer as this is just another way to increase dealer profit, i.e., you have room to negotiate some. you can purchase from another dealership, although you cannot purchase from a dealership out of your state of residence any longer.
Old 04-06-17, 10:50 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

I just got a quote from my dealer for 6yrs/100k miles and 7yrs/125k miles. Will most likely go with 7years! Pm if you want to know what I was quoted.
Old 04-06-17, 01:53 PM
600rr
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbreezie
I just got a quote from my dealer for 6yrs/100k miles and 7yrs/125k miles. Will most likely go with 7years! Pm if you want to know what I was quoted.
Why don't you just post the quote here?
The following 2 users liked this post by 600rr:
Miamiboy87 (07-11-18), Reboot (06-05-17)
Old 06-05-17, 12:54 PM
anamynous
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Do you have to purchase extended warranty at purchase, or will they let you buy it before your initial warranty expires?
Old 06-05-17, 02:00 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by anamynous
Do you have to purchase extended warranty at purchase, or will they let you buy it before your initial warranty expires?
The extended warranty is cheapest when you first get a new vehicle. Dealerships tend to add a fee every year or certain mileage, up until the initial warranty has ended in which case extended warranty is not offered.
The following users liked this post:
anamynous (06-05-17)
Old 06-05-17, 03:50 PM
Reboot
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 600rr
Why don't you just post the quote here?
I never understood that either. It's not a top secret piece of info. If anything, it'll be easier for someone else to tell you whether it's a good price or not based on what they are quoted.
BrettKA7 (07-27-19)
Old 06-05-17, 05:00 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbreezie
Anyone get extended warranty? Worth it? I believe there are two packages, gold and extra platinum. I'm also considering getting extended warranty through a bank.
I also would advise against anything but the manufacturer extended warranty. You can cross shop other dealerships to see what they offer, normally a few hundred off sticker price is easily attainable.
Old 06-05-17, 05:25 PM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I bought ext warranty from my local dealer only because I want my local dealer to support me better than 3rd party low ball companies and also knowing how much it costs to fix a lexus at a dealership from owning previous lexus vehicles...a nav unit can run 7k + if it fails
Old 06-08-17, 09:03 AM
btanchors
Driver

FYI, they now offer up to 10 years and 125K miles from Toyota Financial Services.
Old 06-08-17, 10:29 AM
sarcoptic
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Just want to add that a Toyota VSA agreement can be bought anytime up to the 4 year/50K mile original factory warranty. The benefit of buying today would be prices may rise on the cost of the extended warranty. Also I highly agree to do some shopping there are a couple dealers who will online cheaper than most. The VSA can be bought from a Toyota or Lexus dealer as they are the same thing. Jerry from Midwest Toyota would be someone i recommend searching and talking to. Also Toby Rivers at Lexus of Shreveport. Finally if you do sell/trade your car you can turn in the unused portion of the warranty for $$$ back.
DanBryant (01-01-18)
Old 06-08-17, 04:40 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sarcoptic
Just want to add that a Toyota VSA agreement can be bought anytime up to the 4 year/50K mile original factory warranty. The benefit of buying today would be prices may rise on the cost of the extended warranty. Also I highly agree to do some shopping there are a couple dealers who will online cheaper than most. The VSA can be bought from a Toyota or Lexus dealer as they are the same thing. Jerry from Midwest Toyota would be someone i recommend searching and talking to. Also Toby Rivers at Lexus of Shreveport. Finally if you do sell/trade your car you can turn in the unused portion of the warranty for $$$ back.
just know that lexus (lexus financial services) doesn't allow the sale of vehicle service agreements out of state any longer. sucks, but some dealers were monopolizing...or something.

Quick Reply: Lexus extended warranty?