Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you tell me what dealer you got your extended warranty from

Tks
Old 03-30-18, 06:25 PM
stephenmat
Rookie

I am also looking into this, I drive about 30k miles a year and it is probably going to come in handy. I might buy one.
Old 04-26-18, 11:15 AM
afakhori
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISFWes
I got my first Lexus extended warranty from jerry. But I was told Lexus doesn't allow him to sell them out of state anymore. You have to buy one now from the state you are living in.
I wonder if there is any wiggle room with that if you live in DC, or Military stationed overseas...
Old 05-17-18, 09:10 AM
TheShadow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by afakhori
I wonder if there is any wiggle room with that if you live in DC, or Military stationed overseas...
Call Shreveport Lexus (888)226-6084 and ask for Toby. I live in MD and this morning, I bought the Lexus Extra Platinum Care for about $1000 less than the cheapest price quoted from 3 Lexus dealers in the DC, NOVA, MD area. Toby was great!!! No BS, straight forward and the whole process took less than 10 minutes... most of which was me asking questions. Toby's legit!!! Exact same extended warranty, but nowhere near the same price.
Old 05-17-18, 12:03 PM
2XLXTN
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbreezie
Me too! Speedo, Navi and etc...

Still debating. Got a $1500 quote for 5yrs / 100k from Route 66. Tempting but you know some 3rd party insurance companies are.
Just my 2 cents - definitely would never do an extended warranty from a third party company. It's like health insurance - they look for any and all opportunities to deny your claim. They're often backed by one of a handful of companies too so no matter who is selling the third party extended warranty, you're still buying it from one of the big policy issuers.

It's like anything in life - what you save on the front end, you pay for on the back end either in hard dollars or excessive frustration. Just get the warranty through Lexus.
Old 05-18-18, 09:40 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShadow
Call Shreveport Lexus (888)226-6084 and ask for Toby. I live in MD and this morning, I bought the Lexus Extra Platinum Care for about $1000 less than the cheapest price quoted from 3 Lexus dealers in the DC, NOVA, MD area. Toby was great!!! No BS, straight forward and the whole process took less than 10 minutes... most of which was me asking questions. Toby's legit!!! Exact same extended warranty, but nowhere near the same price.
So were you considered out of state and he still sold it to you? And if you don’t mind me asking how many years and mileage did you get and for how much?
Old 05-18-18, 11:44 AM
TheShadow
Driver School Candidate

I have a GX460 and I know that the price is dependent on the model you have. I ended up getting the 8yr/100K. Out of state was not an issue as long as the original warranty was still in effect. Without giving exact numbers, I'll say that the Cheapest I found in the DC area was about $3500. I'm glad I shopped around! I am VERY happy with the price I paid through Toby. All I can say is call and ask him... worst thing that could happen is he gives you a price and you say no thank you and all you lost is 5 min of your time.
Good luck!!!

Last edited by TheShadow; 05-18-18 at 11:46 AM. Reason: missing information
Old 07-09-18, 03:47 PM
Emberlynn
Driver School Candidate

I’ve to agree, I just bought a 10yrs/100k for my RC from Toby Rivers at Lexus of Shreveport. I too live in MD and dealer here was quoting me $600 more than Toby. I was skeptical at first but he sold me the Lexus platinum manuf. warranty.

If anyone is interested his number is below:
800-336-3987
Old 07-11-18, 06:45 AM
HKBruin
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

To anyone who bought your extended factory warranty from Toby Rivers, do you have issue executing any repair in your local dealer after your standard 4yr/50k warranty expires?
Old 07-11-18, 07:57 AM
Miamiboy87
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I might give this extended warranty thing a try. I have a CPO 2014 CT about to hit 40K and on it's 4th complimentary service.. I don't think I have warranty after this next service..
Old 07-11-18, 08:04 AM
Emberlynn
Driver School Candidate

Since it’s Lexus factory warranty, you won’t have any problems taking your car to any Lexus dealers in the country. It’s like buying a car out of state, your local dealer wont deny you service because the car was purchased out of state.
Old 07-11-18, 08:12 AM
Emberlynn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Miamiboy87
I might give this extended warranty thing a try. I have a CPO 2014 CT about to hit 40K and on it's 4th complimentary service.. I don't think I have warranty after this next service..
Extended warranty doesn’t cover complimentary services, that’s something completely different with the dealer.
Old 11-03-18, 11:14 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

So I was under the impression if you have a CPO warranty with 'unlimited miles' you can purchase additional years and still retain the 'unlimited miles'. Does that sound correct to everyone? I just purchased a vehicle that has about 3 weeks left on the basic warranty then my 2 year unlimited CPO kicks in. Was trying to decide if I wanted to add a few years on or not. I will give Toby a call...
Old 11-04-18, 10:39 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Soap
So I was under the impression if you have a CPO warranty with 'unlimited miles' you can purchase additional years and still retain the 'unlimited miles'. Does that sound correct to everyone? I just purchased a vehicle that has about 3 weeks left on the basic warranty then my 2 year unlimited CPO kicks in. Was trying to decide if I wanted to add a few years on or not. I will give Toby a call...
Unlimited only continues up until the CPO 2 years is up. If you but an extended warranty, you'll still get the unlimited miles up until the 2 year CPO period. Buying the warranty doesn't end it immediately.
Old 12-04-18, 06:08 AM
kwj
Driver School Candidate

Default Extended Warranty on IS3

My Lexus warranty is expiring soon on my IS3 and I've been shopping around. The best quote I got was an exclusionary warranty from Carchex at $3k for 7 additional years, 125k total miles on the odo. Haven't heard back from Lexus yet (my old service adviser moved to a different dealer so waiting for him to get back to me).
I guess it's nice to have that peace of mind but $3k is an expensive peace of mind... The whole point I made the switch from german cars to Lexus was reliability and longevity. I'm just weary of going without an extended warranty because last week, I took my IS3 in when I kept hearing a *clunking* noise every time I went over a bump. Turns out, the front passenger strut was shot. The dealer repaired it under warranty but now, they're hearing another noise coming from the moonroof. Still waiting for them to replace the suspected parts, of course. I've been driving a loaner around for over a week now, worried that if this is starting to happen now at the end of the factory warranty, what else should I be worried about facing in the future...?
Here's the kicker.. the contract Carchex sent me excludes STRUTS!! LOL!!

Quick Reply: Lexus extended warranty?