ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   Lexus extended warranty? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/852160-lexus-extended-warranty.html)

Jbreezie 04-04-17 07:42 PM

Lexus extended warranty?

Anyone get extended warranty? Worth it? I believe there are two packages, gold and extra platinum. I'm also considering getting extended warranty through a bank.

twixx007 04-05-17 07:23 AM

I had it on both my RX and 2IS. I have used it on both and I have gotten my money's worth back 2 fold. When I sold my RX it was easier to sell because there was a warranty with it that I could transfer. Also, if the buyer didn't want it Lexus would refund it but at a pro-rated rate.i I got mine from a guy in Louisiana at Lexus. I purchased is over the phone because he beat all other Lexus dealer's prices. Do a search on this site and you'll find his information.

davyjordi 04-05-17 12:48 PM

I have lexus extended warranties on my cars. i also had an lexus extended warranty on my 2IS and it paid for itself and then some in warranty repairs.

btanchors 04-06-17 05:58 AM

Questions on the Extended Warranties (or Vehicle Service Agreements, as Lexus calls them).

What terms are available? I am interested in the Platinum warranty. I looked on the Lexus Financial Services website and they do not list the term lengths available, nor do they list the cost.

I have owned many Toyotas and one previous Lexus. I know Toyota is now offering a Toyota Platinum Zero deductible term of up to 10 years and 125,000 miles on a new vehicle. Does Lexus offer the same terms?

Also - are they available for purchase by other dealers, or do you have to purchase from the selling dealer?

davyjordi 04-06-17 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by btanchors (Post 9826764)
Questions on the Extended Warranties (or Vehicle Service Agreements, as Lexus calls them).

What terms are available? I am interested in the Platinum warranty. I looked on the Lexus Financial Services website and they do not list the term lengths available, nor do they list the cost.

I have owned many Toyotas and one previous Lexus. I know Toyota is now offering a Toyota Platinum Zero deductible term of up to 10 years and 125,000 miles on a new vehicle. Does Lexus offer the same terms?

Also - are they available for purchase by other dealers, or do you have to purchase from the selling dealer?

i believe the maximum terms allowed per lexus are eight years and 125k miles with a zero deductible. the price will vary from dealer to dealer as this is just another way to increase dealer profit, i.e., you have room to negotiate some. you can purchase from another dealership, although you cannot purchase from a dealership out of your state of residence any longer.

Jbreezie 04-06-17 10:50 AM

I just got a quote from my dealer for 6yrs/100k miles and 7yrs/125k miles. Will most likely go with 7years! Pm if you want to know what I was quoted.

600rr 04-06-17 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jbreezie (Post 9827116)
I just got a quote from my dealer for 6yrs/100k miles and 7yrs/125k miles. Will most likely go with 7years! Pm if you want to know what I was quoted.

Why don't you just post the quote here?

anamynous 06-05-17 12:54 PM

Do you have to purchase extended warranty at purchase, or will they let you buy it before your initial warranty expires?

ClubLUser 06-05-17 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by anamynous (Post 9887984)
Do you have to purchase extended warranty at purchase, or will they let you buy it before your initial warranty expires?

The extended warranty is cheapest when you first get a new vehicle. Dealerships tend to add a fee every year or certain mileage, up until the initial warranty has ended in which case extended warranty is not offered.

Reboot 06-05-17 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by 600rr (Post 9827315)
Why don't you just post the quote here?

I never understood that either. It's not a top secret piece of info. If anything, it'll be easier for someone else to tell you whether it's a good price or not based on what they are quoted.

ClubLUser 06-05-17 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jbreezie (Post 9825100)
Anyone get extended warranty? Worth it? I believe there are two packages, gold and extra platinum. I'm also considering getting extended warranty through a bank.

I also would advise against anything but the manufacturer extended warranty. You can cross shop other dealerships to see what they offer, normally a few hundred off sticker price is easily attainable.

Torii 06-05-17 05:25 PM

I bought ext warranty from my local dealer only because I want my local dealer to support me better than 3rd party low ball companies and also knowing how much it costs to fix a lexus at a dealership from owning previous lexus vehicles...a nav unit can run 7k + if it fails

btanchors 06-08-17 09:03 AM

FYI, they now offer up to 10 years and 125K miles from Toyota Financial Services.

sarcoptic 06-08-17 10:29 AM

Just want to add that a Toyota VSA agreement can be bought anytime up to the 4 year/50K mile original factory warranty. The benefit of buying today would be prices may rise on the cost of the extended warranty. Also I highly agree to do some shopping there are a couple dealers who will online cheaper than most. The VSA can be bought from a Toyota or Lexus dealer as they are the same thing. Jerry from Midwest Toyota would be someone i recommend searching and talking to. Also Toby Rivers at Lexus of Shreveport. Finally if you do sell/trade your car you can turn in the unused portion of the warranty for $$$ back.

davyjordi 06-08-17 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by sarcoptic (Post 9891224)
Just want to add that a Toyota VSA agreement can be bought anytime up to the 4 year/50K mile original factory warranty. The benefit of buying today would be prices may rise on the cost of the extended warranty. Also I highly agree to do some shopping there are a couple dealers who will online cheaper than most. The VSA can be bought from a Toyota or Lexus dealer as they are the same thing. Jerry from Midwest Toyota would be someone i recommend searching and talking to. Also Toby Rivers at Lexus of Shreveport. Finally if you do sell/trade your car you can turn in the unused portion of the warranty for $$$ back.

just know that lexus (lexus financial services) doesn't allow the sale of vehicle service agreements out of state any longer. sucks, but some dealers were monopolizing...or something.