Search this Thread

Old 07-04-16, 06:17 PM
Silveon
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fsport fog lights

So I bought this item off of eBay,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/381602951906

Yes! I know it isn't OEM so fitment is not always perfect. Has anyone bought this same item from this seller?

Here was My situation: I bought this item thinking it would fit the fsport bumper fog light holes. I went to three different shops and NONE of them were able to get it to fit. The item is way too big and the bulb would not even for correctly. It's not possible to fit more than one screw whatsoever. It will hang on with one screw and dangle around unless you use some sort of double sided tape. It was a big hassle to return with this seller, he kept on denying it does not fit fsport then al of a sudden when I sent him a screenshot of his listing, he changed it up once again. Just my personal experience...pictures attached: 1) the picture with the red drawing, 2) the picture of the eBay listing 3) the picture with seller response

How did everyone else whom bought this product and how is it keeping up for you? Or in fact, how did you make it fit?
Attached Thumbnails Fsport fog lights-photo94.jpg   Fsport fog lights-photo843.jpg   Fsport fog lights-photo663.jpg  
Old 07-04-16, 06:29 PM
Phamkq
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I actually had the same encounter and situation with that item and seller. The fitment is way off, the base to hold it had to be at least 5 inches bigger to even consider it fitting. The screw issue was something I also noticed. I ended up having to open a resolution case with eBay because seller didn't reply and also told me something very similar. I was able to return it for a refund after three weeks.
Old 07-04-16, 07:03 PM
Sgshap06
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased these and had them installed over the weekend. Fitment is pretty good, I did notice some of the screws were wrong but no major issues.

The only thing I dislike about them is the light output which I feel could be stronger..

<br >
Old 07-04-16, 07:34 PM
Phamkq
Driver

Originally Posted by Sgshap06
I purchased these and had them installed over the weekend. Fitment is pretty good, I did notice some of the screws were wrong but no major issues.

The only thing I dislike about them is the light output which I feel could be stronger..

<br >
How were you able to get the fogs to sit inside the bumper? Did you just use the single screw that fit?
Old 07-04-16, 09:32 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

you guys that having trouble fitting them? Do you have any pictures of fitment?

Pictures are worth a thousand words
Old 07-04-16, 10:00 PM
jtrinh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seller never responded back so I have to bring it to a shop and see if they can make it fit, I don't even understand where to mount the housings.. Should've went with iJDMtoy
Old 07-04-16, 10:29 PM
Stevent
Driver

Originally Posted by jtrinh
Seller never responded back so I have to bring it to a shop and see if they can make it fit, I don't even understand where to mount the housings.. Should've went with iJDMtoy
I read in another thread that the ijdmtoy ones don't stay in place after install so it's probably not that much better either.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...foglights.html

I was actually thinking of picking up the same set but glad I didn't yet after reading this thread. I wonder if these are better: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191883152512
Old 07-04-16, 10:39 PM
jtrinh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevent
I read in another thread that the ijdmtoy ones don't stay in place after install so it's probably not that much better either.

I was actually thinking of picking up the same set but glad I didn't yet after reading this thread. I wonder if these are better: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191883152512

lol that item is literally the same thing I have. it just doesn't make sense. My buddie has iJDMtoy and his was in all in one piece and not a separate cover/housing. only difference is you would have to tap wires. iJDMtoy originally came up with this idea tbh so I don't see how bad that can be.
Old 07-04-16, 10:52 PM
Stevent
Driver

Originally Posted by jtrinh
lol that item is literally the same thing I have. it just doesn't make sense. My buddie has iJDMtoy and his was in all in one piece and not a separate cover/housing. only difference is you would have to tap wires. iJDMtoy originally came up with this idea tbh so I don't see how bad that can be.
Just curious... is your friend's ijdmtoy fog light a lot brighter then your set?
Old 07-04-16, 11:56 PM
Phamkq
Driver

I wish I took some pics of the fogs inside but like Silveon said, it was at least 6 inches bigger than where you can even place them. Here are pics of the outside covers though; there are huge spacing between the bumper and their black covers
Attached Thumbnails Fsport fog lights-photo965.jpg   Fsport fog lights-photo25.jpg  
Old 07-05-16, 06:42 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its unfortunate that this is the seller response even with many similar encounters. I would recommend having one thread for aftermarket fog lights which one works and which one doesn't.
Old 07-05-16, 08:34 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Wasn't there another thread recently w/ the same kit who didnt have any issues installing it, but just wasn't happy with the light output?
Old 07-05-16, 09:50 AM
Phamkq
Driver

Originally Posted by evident
Wasn't there another thread recently w/ the same kit who didnt have any issues installing it, but just wasn't happy with the light output?
I believe there was, I remember someone mentioning that they had to constantly kick in the covers at least once a week.

Keeping this item in place with one screw while the entire unit is larger than the given hole and space on the bumper just won't make sense as stated. I think this product can possibly be universal across all the Lexus fogs because I also went to two different installers and one of them mentioned that "this looks a lot like my GS fogs" but on the box, it was listed for IS
Old 07-05-16, 11:15 AM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevent

Our fog lights are designed with the same tabs as the OEM garnish bezel covers. Since the LED fog lights have the LED with projector inside, it does become a bit more weighted than the factory bezel with nothing on it.

We advise our customers to push in the fog lights from the front of the bumper and use their other hand to simultaneously pull the fog light from behind the bumper. This locks the tabs in the fog lamp opening to secure the assembly. Our customers who follow this troubleshoot haven't come back with similar issues.
Old 07-05-16, 11:57 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Phamkq
I believe there was, I remember someone mentioning that they had to constantly kick in the covers at least once a week.

Keeping this item in place with one screw while the entire unit is larger than the given hole and space on the bumper just won't make sense as stated. I think this product can possibly be universal across all the Lexus fogs because I also went to two different installers and one of them mentioned that "this looks a lot like my GS fogs" but on the box, it was listed for IS
here's the thread that i was talking about:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ight=fog+light

Quick Reply: Fsport fog lights