IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models
Old 12-15-14, 01:03 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Anyone install carbon fiber wrap for their interior?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-18, 07:11 PM
chinox22x
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Me too

Did mine today. Took an hour or so.
Old 08-18-18, 01:57 AM
lance55
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HOMER350
Looking good. Is that 3M brushed black metallic?

Planning on using that on the remaining silver trim pieces bordering center console and door trims.

If I could get a good picture of that maybe in the light that be awesome!
Yep. Depending on which way you want the brush pattern to run, make sure to order wider than 12". Everything I had found online, including Amazon, sold 12" by X" length, with the 12" side being parallel to the brushing. Not good if you want the brushing to run longways. The eBay link below sells larger cuts. This vinyl was way less forgiving than the CF, very delicate to peeling portions up to flatten/remove bubbles/wrinkles. Not really able to stretch much without distorting the brush pattern.

Here are some pictures of a scrap piece that is a little dinged up. Let me know if you want to see anything else. When in the car, it looks a lot less shiny, not sparkly, and virtually black, even on a sunny day.

Last edited by lance55; 08-18-18 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-18-18, 06:16 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

Got a much better idea based on those pictures description thank you.
Sounds just as if hoped, not too much pattern revealed.

I may be buying some more CF too as mine has already bubbled up where I stretched the vinyl near the armrest compartment...
Old 07-09-19, 06:06 AM
PJSnow
Pit Crew

Received 76 Likes on 40 Posts

So last night I started removing some of the interior trim to wrap and when I got to the glove box, disaster occurred. One of the white clips holding the trim got stuck in the hole and fell into the hollow cavity of the glove box door (attached image shows the exact clip). Now it rattles inside the glove box each time the glovebox door is opened/closed. Does anyone know how to get this out?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
IMG_1804.pdf (152.9 KB, 75 views)
Old 07-09-19, 05:05 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Originally Posted by PJSnow
So last night I started removing some of the interior trim to wrap and when I got to the glove box, disaster occurred. One of the white clips holding the trim got stuck in the hole and fell into the hollow cavity of the glove box door (attached image shows the exact clip). Now it rattles inside the glove box each time the glovebox door is opened/closed. Does anyone know how to get this out?
Definately thinking for starters you're gonna want to take the glove box door off. Probably start by removing inside components, idk.

And maybe not. Maybe a vacuum will do it. Plug up the holes just leave one which you get a vacuum to assist in getting it out or where you can grab and pull it out.

Good luck. Glad I'm not the only one this kind of crap happens to.
Old 07-10-19, 05:23 AM
PJSnow
Pit Crew

Definately thinking for starters you're gonna want to take the glove box door off. Probably start by removing inside components, idk.

And maybe not. Maybe a vacuum will do it. Plug up the holes just leave one which you get a vacuum to assist in getting it out or where you can grab and pull it out.

Good luck. Glad I'm not the only one this kind of crap happens to.
Any guides on removing the glove box door? I'd rather not disassemble the entire dash or take out the entire glove box.
Old 07-12-19, 11:54 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Originally Posted by PJSnow
Any guides on removing the glove box door? I'd rather not disassemble the entire dash or take out the entire glove box.
No guides on taking that out. I just took a quick peek at mine after reading your post and that's what it looked like would need to happen. Anything is better than that thing rattling around in there ... Would drive me crazy. Try the vacuum it just may work. No metal on that clip I assume, if so a telescopic magnet.
Old 07-13-19, 06:07 AM
PJSnow
Pit Crew

No guides on taking that out. I just took a quick peek at mine after reading your post and that's what it looked like would need to happen. Anything is better than that thing rattling around in there ... Would drive me crazy. Try the vacuum it just may work. No metal on that clip I assume, if so a telescopic magnet.
Correct, no metal on the clip. Vacuum didn’t pull it out when the door was open. I’m really not looking forward to removing the door...
Old 08-20-19, 03:57 PM
skyline75
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to remove eco/normal/sport button?

I tried yanking it off and only two plastic pieces from the top came off. Do I remove it from the top or can it removed from the bottom?
Old 08-21-19, 08:54 AM
HOMER350
Racer

Originally Posted by skyline75
I tried yanking it off and only two plastic pieces from the top came off. Do I remove it from the top or can it removed from the bottom?
It's somewhere in this thread...but I'm almost positive that it has to go out the top. It was not all that easy.
I had to use something small to push it from the bottom and when I came out it came out flying across the room.
But again , double check that in the previous pages of this thread.
Old 04-18-21, 01:55 PM
Mattarcher
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Alcantara wrap

This is an old thread but I figured I’d add an additional option for some of these trim pieces. I ordered real Alcantara from and eBay seller and wrapped my window control trim and glovebox trim in that.

Started by vinyl wrapping the pieces just in case I didn’t like it, I could remove it without damaging the original piece (as you have to use adhesive to attach the alcantara)

Took some patience, but I’m extremely happy with how this turned out
The following 4 users liked this post by Mattarcher:
kj07xk (04-20-21), nigel821 (02-21-23), Slplknight (04-22-21), swaangin (05-11-21)
Old 05-11-21, 11:58 AM
rekorderli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a bit late but could you tell me which wrap is that and exact color? Looks good
Old 05-11-21, 12:04 PM
rekorderli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone knows which wrap is this?
Old 05-11-21, 06:44 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 376 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattarcher

This is an old thread but I figured I’d add an additional option for some of these trim pieces. I ordered real Alcantara from and eBay seller and wrapped my window control trim and glovebox trim in that.

Started by vinyl wrapping the pieces just in case I didn’t like it, I could remove it without damaging the original piece (as you have to use adhesive to attach the alcantara)

Took some patience, but I’m extremely happy with how this turned out
Wow that looks amazing
The following users liked this post:
Mattarcher (02-17-22)
Old 05-12-21, 05:24 AM
thebum
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rekorderli
Anyone knows which wrap is this?

This is gunmetal wrapping .... i used the same Vvivid :
Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
rekorderli (05-12-21)

Quick Reply: Anyone install carbon fiber wrap for their interior?