New headlight option is coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-19, 10:11 PM
vincerulz
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys Im planning to get these headlight, but i have some questions

- Are these easy to install?
-How;s the fitment? I saw some ppl said on the post that the fitment is 8/10 with adjustment can be 9/10. Is it every headlight come with issue or some come with perfect fit ?
-For the fuse that came with the headlight package.. what is it for ?

thank you guys =)
really appreciated
Old 05-26-19, 10:35 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Received 739 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by primavera
Beautiful looking car mate!!!
What spacers do you use?
Thanks man. I'm using Blox spacers. 20mm rear and 15mm front.

Originally Posted by vincerulz
Hi guys Im planning to get these headlight, but i have some questions

- Are these easy to install?
-How;s the fitment? I saw some ppl said on the post that the fitment is 8/10 with adjustment can be 9/10. Is it every headlight come with issue or some come with perfect fit ?
-For the fuse that came with the headlight package.. what is it for ?

thank you guys =)
really appreciated
Installation is easy, just a little time consuming since you have to remove the bolts for the bumper. Once they're all off though it's just a case of popping the bumper off the side brackets and letting it rest gently on the ground (you don't have to remove the entire bumper). Then you simply unplug your original headlights, remove them from the vehicle, swap over the plastic bracket on the bottom to the new Vland headlights then reinstall.

Fitment depends on how much you play around with it, and also the vehicle itself and how the headlight was made in the factory. Expect at least an 8 of 10 for fitment.

The fuse it comes with is a fuse tap that goes to your fusebox. You pull your original 10-amp fuse out and replace it with the fuse tap. This essentially 'steals' power from the fuse itself and powers the DRL's. So no cutting or splicing, just a simple plug-and-play install.
Old 05-29-19, 01:42 PM
vincerulz
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thx you so much for the answer that really help me alot. =)
Old 07-08-19, 01:14 PM
rem0rse
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure whether anyone has had the same issue. But it looks like the DRL for one side has either blown a few LED or has some sort of issue with them.

Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited by rem0rse; 07-08-19 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-21-19, 02:41 PM
isaacrvl88
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default VLANDs for my 08 IS350

Hi all! I'm new to Lexus, just bought my car in the beginning of the year. I'ts a 2008 Lexus IS350 with around 55k miles on it. Anyways, i'm looking to purchase some VLAND headlights: 1st question: Is there any deals through out the year when you bundle (both headlights and tail lights)? 2. I was recently watching a couple of videos (YouTube) on people having issues with their VLAND headlights; One's fuse kept blowing out for the DRL and the other, his low beam lights kept flickering. It made me a little concerned and hesitant on purchasing them. I wanted to know the opinion of anyone who's had them for quite some time. Thanks. (Sorry i'm still trying to learn how to use these forums; first forum I joined, previous car was a cadillac CTS )
Old 07-22-19, 05:37 AM
NinjaSocks
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by isaacrvl88
Hi all! I'm new to Lexus, just bought my car in the beginning of the year. I'ts a 2008 Lexus IS350 with around 55k miles on it. Anyways, i'm looking to purchase some VLAND headlights: 1st question: Is there any deals through out the year when you bundle (both headlights and tail lights)? 2. I was recently watching a couple of videos (YouTube) on people having issues with their VLAND headlights; One's fuse kept blowing out for the DRL and the other, his low beam lights kept flickering. It made me a little concerned and hesitant on purchasing them. I wanted to know the opinion of anyone who's had them for quite some time. Thanks. (Sorry i'm still trying to learn how to use these forums; first forum I joined, previous car was a cadillac CTS )
1) I got the headlights and tailights cheaper by purchasing them separate. The only company I saw bundling them were still priced about $75-$100 more than buying them separate. That might be different now and possibly cheaper to buy them bundled. Check eBay.

2) I haven't had any blown fuses. My DRL bulb flickered, which is very common and happens to most everyone. My solution was having the dealership disable the DRL, which they did for free after getting an oil change. They were able to leave the swoosh light bar on which stays on as soon as you start the car. You can also disable the DRL yourself via techstream. Other than that I have had no bulb flickering and my headlights are performing great.
The following users liked this post:
isaacrvl88 (07-22-19)
Old 12-29-19, 05:45 PM
laovo
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For Long-Term owners, how are they holding up?

I just installed mine and really like them, but would like to hear about any issue to look out for
Old 12-29-19, 05:49 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by laovo
For Long-Term owners, how are they holding up?

I just installed mine and really like them, but would like to hear about any issue to look out for
Been pretty good. Had them on since May. The passenger side fogs up in rain sometimes regardless how many times I've resealed it. It dries up after a day so I'm not too worried about it. So far so good.
laovo (12-29-19)
Old 12-29-19, 08:31 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

I've had mine since May too, and have had no issues. Installed them just before winter time, and while we don't get snow where I live we get sporadic rain and then random sunshine in-between, so they went through hot and cold transitions quite frequently, and I've had zero issues with any moisture inside the lens. I didn't seal them before installing and use a pressure washer to snow foam the car and then rinse every couple of weeks. I try not to blast the headlights directly just in case, but so far so good. If you haven't already, get the headlights properly aligned using a beam setter as the light output is a lot better when they're aimed properly.
Old 12-30-19, 09:50 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

I saw on FB groups that they have the clear reflector versions now of the VLAND. https://ebay.to/2SC3oE9

This looks like a much better looking option.
Old 12-30-19, 09:52 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sinister2c
I saw on FB groups that they have the clear reflector versions now of the VLAND. https://ebay.to/2SC3oE9

This looks like a much better looking option.
The clear reflector version came out shortly after the launch, lol. Mine are the clear version and I've had them since May, but they were available a couple of months before that. Just have to request the color when ordering.
primavera (12-30-19)
Old 12-31-19, 03:18 AM
B_390_LU
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I was one of the first to order from Vlands on December 2018 and they have the clear reflectors. Also, mine has been great, no leak at all and DRL is as bright and even as day 1.