ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   New headlight option is coming soon (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/903452-new-headlight-option-is-coming-soon.html)

eykash 11-01-18 05:18 AM

New headlight option is coming soon

Hey guys,
What do you think about these headlights for Lexus is250 ? They will come with led projectors. Mass production will start in November. Manufacturer promises +- same price as halogen DEPO.

PS. I am not selling these headlights and i am not a manufacturer.

MikeFig82 11-01-18 05:24 AM

The last output shot looks decent. I'll definitely be interested as long as it's a good quality build.

Aspect 11-01-18 05:48 AM

Looks good! Not a big fan of the shrouds around the projectors, kinda Acura TSX'ish. Light output looks good. I already did a led projector retrofit on mine so I'm not touching anymore lights :P

Zynthe 11-01-18 05:58 AM

Will the lights work if i have OEM HID and AFS lights?

eykash 11-01-18 06:00 AM

I don’t know. I am not manufacturer or seller of these headlight.

metaleckz 11-01-18 07:55 AM

My friends and I talked to vland. They said about 450 shipped.

Petet 11-01-18 07:59 AM

I’m definitely interested in them. If I had to guess there just like every other aftermarket head light. Might need to repin a wire , remove afs fuse and maybe have the DRL turned off.

Gville350 11-01-18 11:08 AM

I've already got a new set of TYC (OEM style) headlights in my attic ready for install this winter. If I had not already purchased these, this new set would definitely be on my "to watch list".

aiexbadboy 11-01-18 12:37 PM

Curious if itll work with oem hid + afs , hopefully theyll reveal more info soon, thanks for the heads up

porto1610 11-01-18 02:04 PM

Isf

Just wondering if these would fit for a 08 ISF.

flowrider 11-01-18 05:03 PM

^^^^If they fit an ISX50 they will fit an ISF. However the question has been raised are they halogen only or will they retrofit the HIDs. All ISFs are HIDs.

Lou

Zmon 11-01-18 07:16 PM

Certainly something new and different. I'm not hopeful output is great though, probably near the halogens output, or worse probably.

Aspect 11-02-18 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Zmon (Post 10349186)
Certainly something new and different. I'm not hopeful output is great though, probably near the halogens output, or worse probably.

so other than the cool turn signal these would actually be harder to make better via a retrofit or bulb change given the housing design then probably eh? I never looked into these new squarish projectors makers like acura are using, do they use LED bulbs or are they an integrated design I wonder?

Zmon 11-02-18 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Aspect (Post 10349440)
so other than the cool turn signal these would actually be harder to make better via a retrofit or bulb change given the housing design then probably eh? I never looked into these new squarish projectors makers like acura are using, do they use LED bulbs or are they an integrated design I wonder?

Doubtful they can be retrofitted at all considering they're LEDs, the projector design alone pretty much nixes any other LED projector on the market. Most likely using an integrated design since two of the lights are for the low beams.

sinister2c 11-02-18 11:37 AM

These will not be AFS compatible. You will probably have to pull the fuse, no matter what.

Hopefully the LED beams and output are good. Looks like TRS and Morimoto have been getting alot of these new china LED housing to the market but theirs are much better QA/QC and they have these MFGs refine and build their lights to higher specs than these. At the $450 price point, I wouldn't expect much out of these.

The look like they use the back housings from the VIPMotoZ style lights.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...gA995RThhWN_BI