IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sticky Dash and Door

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-18, 11:46 AM
eriknguyen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticky Dash and Door

Anybody have any updates on the Sticky dash and door panels?
Old 05-23-18, 12:09 PM
timmy0tool

Received 416 Likes on 371 Posts

you had to have been on the waiting list to get it done months ago, not sure on the cutoff date.
if not (like me) it is no longer covered as the time to claim the warranty has passed!
Old 05-23-18, 01:09 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...sh-recall.html

The warranty was valid for every car regardless of age up until May 31, 2017. After that, it was only valid for cars who are under 10 years from the date of first use (when it was registered to its 1st owner). As long as you were put on the list prior to either of those dates, you're fine, but if you didn't, the ship has already sailed for you which you'll have to pay out of pocket to get the dash and door panels done. I'd contact your dealer if you were put on the list and ask where are your parts.

Last edited by Zmon; 05-23-18 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-23-18, 04:46 PM
Mrfix
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. You need to see what your dealership has recieved so far and if they have the panels for you and are waiting on a dash ask if you could come in and they could maybe borrow the dash from someone waiting for panels. I got mine when they did the airbag. My Panels were in but my dash was still on order. They borrowed someones dash who was still waiting on panels since they were going to do my airbag.
Old 05-25-18, 08:58 PM
Tyler1004
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eriknguyen
Anybody have any updates on the Sticky dash and door panels?
My dash was replaced back in 2016, and as well as all 4 door panels last January
The door panels took almost 2 years to arrive at the dealership.
Just to make sure you call the dealership once in a while to see if they have the parts in stock.
Old 10-02-19, 07:52 AM
Samsoom
Driver School Candidate

Default Finally Sticky dashboard solution

Guys finally after trying several things and nothing worked I used 3m scotch guard water & uv shield and it stopped the dashboard from being sticky the only challenge is to clean the dashboard from the stuck particles before applying it

Old 10-02-19, 11:19 AM
Samsoom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Samsoom
Guys finally after trying several things and nothing worked I used 3m scotch guard water & uv shield and it stopped the dashboard from being sticky the only challenge is to clean the dashboard from the stuck particles before applying it
Update I don't think it's a permanent solution but it makes the dashboard non sticky I'll see by time what will happen.
Old 10-03-19, 02:22 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Update I don't think it's a permanent solution but it makes the dashboard non sticky I'll see by time what will happen.
Nice. Not bad if we have to apply every week or so. How's the finish does it leave the dashboard greasy or it still leaves a matte dull finish like factory?
Old 10-03-19, 03:13 PM
Samsoom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xxmariolxx
Nice. Not bad if we have to apply every week or so. How's the finish does it leave the dashboard greasy or it still leaves a matte dull finish like factory?
It's matte but it's kinda slippery not wat you can call greasy but atleast you can wipe it with a towel and it won't stick.
BTW there is better alternative and it's a permanent fix and will leave the dashboard totally dry and not greasy, it's rustoleum 2x clear coat matte version I tried it on a small part of the dash and it's just perfect 👌 the only issue that made me lazy completing the job with it that I think that I should remove the dashboard to be able to apply it as it's kinda of paint and you don't want to mess everything around the dash board plus you need enough space to move your hand so that you don't over spray in a part or you can just wrap everything around the dash and spray it but I was afraid of over spraying and getting uneven coat as iam not a pro so it would be more comfortable if the dash is removed and sprayed.
Old 10-03-19, 08:03 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

It's matte but it's kinda slippery not wat you can call greasy but atleast you can wipe it with a towel and it won't stick.
BTW there is better alternative and it's a permanent fix and will leave the dashboard totally dry and not greasy, it's rustoleum 2x clear coat matte version I tried it on a small part of the dash and it's just perfect 👌 the only issue that made me lazy completing the job with it that I think that I should remove the dashboard to be able to apply it as it's kinda of paint and you don't want to mess everything around the dash board plus you need enough space to move your hand so that you don't over spray in a part or you can just wrap everything around the dash and spray it but I was afraid of over spraying and getting uneven coat as iam not a pro so it would be more comfortable if the dash is removed and sprayed.
I think clear coat would end up peeling and looking awful though since the surface is soft.