IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Intake system messing with sensors...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-16, 07:01 AM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bkhectic
Go for takeda intake. You won't regret anything about it.
Go for Injen intake. You won't regret anything about it.
Old 07-03-16, 07:27 AM
akoster
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DickH
It looks like your maf isn't bolted down correctly. This could be a contributing factor to your problem if the maf sits crooked or if there is a leak there causing turbulence. Next time the vsc light comes on see if you have a check engine light and see what codes get thrown. It could also be that your intake has a poor design where the airflow isn't smooth enough at the maf causing bad readings. This will throw off your AFR and make your car feel weird at part throttle. The car will learn and try to compensate but it's far from ideal.
Yeah I think today I am ordering an Injen Intake System. I think the car is taking in too much air and hasn't been able to adapt to it.
Old 07-03-16, 07:41 AM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by akoster
Yeah I think today I am ordering an Injen Intake System. I think the car is taking in too much air and hasn't been able to adapt to it.
Told you, 15 years ago i had this problem with Cheap Intake on my friend's Honda Prelude and then a year later i still didn't believe and i had same problem with my TRD Solara, then i was like F it spent 500$ for Injen Technogy , installed it test drive it, WoW surprised with the Noise and Power !

Disc the battery before the installation, hook it back up after you finish, so the computer will re-learn ! always disc the battery if you work on any electric works
Old 07-03-16, 09:37 AM
DickH
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Before spending money verify that this is the problem. Reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery and then go do some full throttle pulls and some more aggressive acceleration at part throttle. If the intake is the problem you should get a check engine light and whatnot. Then go to an autozone and have them tell you what codes are being thrown.
Old 07-03-16, 09:45 AM
akoster
Driver

Originally Posted by DickH
Before spending money verify that this is the problem. Reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery and then go do some full throttle pulls and some more aggressive acceleration at part throttle. If the intake is the problem you should get a check engine light and whatnot. Then go to an autozone and have them tell you what codes are being thrown.
Already did that yesterday. Check engine light came on. Went to Autozone and they told me the MAF sensor failed. So that is why I am getting a new intake system.
Old 07-03-16, 12:52 PM
akoster
Driver

I've decided to go with the Injen SP Cold Air Intake.
http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...old-air-intake
Old 07-15-16, 08:03 AM
akoster
Driver

UPDATE: I got the Injen SP Cold Air Intake System. Installed it myself and it is running great. No lights have come on since I've installed it. Thank you guys for the recommendations!
Old 07-15-16, 08:10 AM
DickH
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Were you able to use the heat shield from the previous intake?
Old 07-16-16, 06:47 AM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by akoster
UPDATE: I got the Injen SP Cold Air Intake System. Installed it myself and it is running great. No lights have come on since I've installed it. Thank you guys for the recommendations!
Glad you happy with INJEN TECHNOLOGY, put some MOBILE 1 Synthetic Oil in your Engine you'll love your car even more , i've done testing Castrol Edge, Synthetic oil, the result is = MOBILE 1 still better.
Old 07-18-16, 06:43 AM
akoster
Driver

Originally Posted by RandyIS250
Glad you happy with INJEN TECHNOLOGY, put some MOBILE 1 Synthetic Oil in your Engine you'll love your car even more , i've done testing Castrol Edge, Synthetic oil, the result is = MOBILE 1 still better.
My friends have told me that Penzoil is even better than Mobile 1