07 IS250 - P2757 - Won't shift passed 4th gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-16, 07:17 PM
LexHes
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool 07 IS250 - P2757 - Won't shift passed 4th gear

Hello CL,
I've been riding around with p2757 for a while now.. And plan on replacing the lock up solenoid in the valve body, which seems to be the correct fix that all of us P2757 people have been encountering.

But I was wondering if anybody here had experienced what I did yesterday and today, when accelerating onto the freeway, the vehicle hesitated and eventually responded. But As I picked up speed, the car would not shift past 4th gear (drive or S mode).

I don't have my scanner to clear the code, so I just unplugged battery and code was cleared. Drove and the car shifts as designed.

Anybody else experience this? If so or if not. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance CL!
Old 03-20-16, 07:42 PM
skullkandy
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the same issue.

I tried replacing the fluid a couple of times but it just made the gear changes a bit smoother.

You need to replace the solenoid.
Old 03-20-16, 10:45 PM
LexHes
Driver

Originally Posted by skullkandy
I got the same issue.

I tried replacing the fluid a couple of times but it just made the gear changes a bit smoother.

You need to replace the solenoid.
Have you done the solenoid swap?
If so, do you have part # or you know exactly which solenoid?

I was told it's the lock up solenoid.
Old 03-21-16, 09:58 PM
skullkandy
Driver

check out this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nsmission.html

Part Number is: 35280-30050
Old 03-22-16, 12:58 AM
sb217fo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexHes
Hello CL,
I've been riding around with p2757 for a while now.. And plan on replacing the lock up solenoid in the valve body, which seems to be the correct fix that all of us P2757 people have been encountering.

But I was wondering if anybody here had experienced what I did yesterday and today, when accelerating onto the freeway, the vehicle hesitated and eventually responded. But As I picked up speed, the car would not shift past 4th gear (drive or S mode).

I don't have my scanner to clear the code, so I just unplugged battery and code was cleared. Drove and the car shifts as designed.

Anybody else experience this? If so or if not. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance CL!
Change oil in tran ASAP and calibrate PCM...that mechanic in lexus told me...if stuck few time will burn valves
The following users liked this post:
ncatona (04-21-21)
Old 03-22-16, 01:44 PM
LexHes
Driver

Originally Posted by sb217fo
Change oil in tran ASAP and calibrate PCM...that mechanic in lexus told me...if stuck few time will burn valves
Thanks for the heads up!

Are you talking about Engine valves though? or shift valves in the tranny?
Old 03-22-16, 03:47 PM
LexHes
Driver

Originally Posted by skullkandy
check out this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nsmission.html

Part Number is: 35280-30050
Thanks Skull. Yea I have been attached to that thread for a couple years now. Ever since my actual baby came into this world.. this IS baby hasnt had the TLC it deserves

Also wanted to see what the long time results were for the solenoid replacement was, IF it fixed most of every ones issue.
ncatona (04-21-21)
Old 03-22-16, 10:00 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Where are you located? i could have you out with the code and also part #. I just walk through it a few month back
Old 03-23-16, 01:41 AM
sb217fo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexHes
Thanks for the heads up!

Are you talking about Engine valves though? or shift valves in the tranny?
Inside of tranny.Faulty signal from bad solenoid destroy mechanical parts
Old 03-23-16, 08:29 AM
LexHes
Driver

Originally Posted by sb217fo
Inside of tranny.Faulty signal from bad solenoid destroy mechanical parts
Ok, Ordered part from Lexus yesterday. Will install ASAP Thanks! Hopefully I haven't damaged anything mechanically.

Originally Posted by whitebeast
Where are you located? i could have you out with the code and also part #. I just walk through it a few month back
I am located in the Bay Area. Work in the Peninsula and reside in South Bay. You?

Yes if you can PM me that would be great!
Old 03-22-20, 04:40 PM
07lexis
Rookie

Anyone have an exact location of the lockup solenoid? Front or back of the transmission ? Picture
Old 04-21-21, 07:23 PM
Rrestudill
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 07lexis
Anyone have an exact location of the lockup solenoid? Front or back of the transmission ? Picture
did changing the solenoid fix it?
ncatona (04-21-21)
Old 10-31-21, 09:55 AM
Wisdom
Pole Position

I have a 2006 IS250 RDW - original owner
I got the P2757 code about a year and a half ago. Took it to a shop that wanted $ 5500 to replace the tranny
So I rode with my check engine light and VSC warning for a bit and it would come and go randomly, but pretty much still come back up and stay on,
I had emissions coming up pretty soon, so instead of paying to get a new tranny I ended up picking up a used Mercedes for about the same price.
Well... soon after I picked up the Mercedes... the error went away and I was able to pass emissions with no problem. The error never came back... until TODAY.

So the error was gone for roughly 8-10 months and I barely drive it being that I currently work from home due to the pandemic and I try to limit the use of it. Currently has about 266K on it.. the error showed up at about 263K I think.

So I took the car out this morning for a 20 mile round trip, I try to drive it at least 1 a week, but it's been 2 weeks since I drove it. I didn't notice anything funny till I was on the freeway and the car seemed to be pulling harder when I hit the gas, which was strange. Then I noticed that orange ring on my RPM in my cluster was on, and I had it set like at 5500 or somewhere in that range. I was like hmmm, and it didn't really sound like I was someone trying to mash the hell out of it. I changed the display in the cluster and it showed I was in 3rd gear.

I exited the freeway and when I was at a stop, switched to sport shift mode, the car had gone back to 1st gear. Going down the street it wouldn't go pass 3rd gear even though I set it to 5 gear.
I get home drop my dog off and go to the gas station because I was trying to eat up some fuel so I can put fuel injector cleaner in it and fill it up. After filling up the tank and driving away from the gas station, it went into 4th gear for a quick second and then back to 3rd and still wouldn't go pass 3rd..... AND NOW the check engine light comes on and the VSC warning popped up. I'll probably take to an Auto Zone later today or in the week to see if it's the same P2757 error.

The last time I got the error, I had no problems going up to 6th gear, but it did jerk a bit shifting between 2nd-4th gear at times. But the last 6 months has been no problems.

At this point, I'm probably going to try to sell the car rather than trying to solve the problem. It was going to be my commute car, but things get back to "normal" my commute is now half the distance and working from home has made little use of the car.
Yodog (10-31-21)
Old 01-25-22, 08:48 PM
JulioC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wisdom
I have a 2006 IS250 RDW - original owner
I got the P2757 code about a year and a half ago. Took it to a shop that wanted $ 5500 to replace the tranny
So I rode with my check engine light and VSC warning for a bit and it would come and go randomly, but pretty much still come back up and stay on,
I had emissions coming up pretty soon, so instead of paying to get a new tranny I ended up picking up a used Mercedes for about the same price.
Well... soon after I picked up the Mercedes... the error went away and I was able to pass emissions with no problem. The error never came back... until TODAY.

So the error was gone for roughly 8-10 months and I barely drive it being that I currently work from home due to the pandemic and I try to limit the use of it. Currently has about 266K on it.. the error showed up at about 263K I think.

So I took the car out this morning for a 20 mile round trip, I try to drive it at least 1 a week, but it's been 2 weeks since I drove it. I didn't notice anything funny till I was on the freeway and the car seemed to be pulling harder when I hit the gas, which was strange. Then I noticed that orange ring on my RPM in my cluster was on, and I had it set like at 5500 or somewhere in that range. I was like hmmm, and it didn't really sound like I was someone trying to mash the hell out of it. I changed the display in the cluster and it showed I was in 3rd gear.

I exited the freeway and when I was at a stop, switched to sport shift mode, the car had gone back to 1st gear. Going down the street it wouldn't go pass 3rd gear even though I set it to 5 gear.
I get home drop my dog off and go to the gas station because I was trying to eat up some fuel so I can put fuel injector cleaner in it and fill it up. After filling up the tank and driving away from the gas station, it went into 4th gear for a quick second and then back to 3rd and still wouldn't go pass 3rd..... AND NOW the check engine light comes on and the VSC warning popped up. I'll probably take to an Auto Zone later today or in the week to see if it's the same P2757 error.

The last time I got the error, I had no problems going up to 6th gear, but it did jerk a bit shifting between 2nd-4th gear at times. But the last 6 months has been no problems.

At this point, I'm probably going to try to sell the car rather than trying to solve the problem. It was going to be my commute car, but things get back to "normal" my commute is now half the distance and working from home has made little use of the car.
Did you sell the car? I just had the same problem at 170K miles, I am even afraid to pay for a diagnosis.

Cheers
Old 04-18-22, 01:53 AM
AnaJanak
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I have Lexus IS 250 from 2006 year with automatic transmission and I have codes P2757 and C1201. I changed the solenoid, oil and filter for the transmission.

Are these codes connected with the ecm and tcm, should I buy knew computer or the problem is with transmission? Has anyone solved this problem?