IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Question about Vaistech iVIC programming

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-12, 04:19 PM
ISYOON918
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Vaistech iVIC programming

After booting up, I get the VAIS warning for a couple of seconds followed by a "Waiting for source" screen (ANDROID) I can't seem to get past this screen other than by switching inputs on the head unit -- but this doesn't really fix the issue. I'm just switching to another mode -- the iVIC itself is still stuck on that screen. No menu/settings buttons or anything that I can interact with.

I've tried reprogramming the iVIC to Mode 1 multiple times but it never seems to resolve the issue. One time, I programmed it incorrectly and didn't even get the warning screen but I managed to clear it up by reprogramming it yet again.

I even tried another set of cables to make sure it wasn't my phones.
Speaking of the phones, they act like they're properly hooked up to external devices (I get HDMI out logos and/or Dock mode + charging on Android ones through the HDMI and micro-USB connections, and "Dock connector" as an output + charging on iPhones through the other USB connection) but nothing actually shows up on the vehicle screen, nor do I hear any audio.

Does anyone have any advice?

Last edited by ISYOON918; 09-23-12 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-23-12, 09:20 PM
all06is350
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What phone do you have? I get that screen too but it goes away once I connect my phone.
Old 09-24-12, 10:22 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by ISYOON918
After booting up, I get the VAIS warning for a couple of seconds followed by a "Waiting for source" screen (ANDROID) I can't seem to get past this screen other than by switching inputs on the head unit -- but this doesn't really fix the issue. I'm just switching to another mode -- the iVIC itself is still stuck on that screen. No menu/settings buttons or anything that I can interact with.

I've tried reprogramming the iVIC to Mode 1 multiple times but it never seems to resolve the issue. One time, I programmed it incorrectly and didn't even get the warning screen but I managed to clear it up by reprogramming it yet again.

I even tried another set of cables to make sure it wasn't my phones.
Speaking of the phones, they act like they're properly hooked up to external devices (I get HDMI out logos and/or Dock mode + charging on Android ones through the HDMI and micro-USB connections, and "Dock connector" as an output + charging on iPhones through the other USB connection) but nothing actually shows up on the vehicle screen, nor do I hear any audio.

Does anyone have any advice?
Call our tech support or email us at info@vaistech.com
Old 09-19-16, 07:11 PM
Jodeci
Driver School Candidate

I'm have the same problem did you ever find out how to fix it?