Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vais "I agree" problem

Old 07-12-09, 11:32 AM
Got4wd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vais "I agree" problem

Recently added a vais sl2i and thought the "I agree" button would be taken care of by the vais after 5 seconds? Is there something I am missing?
Old 07-12-09, 12:41 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

The "I Agree" doesn't just go away by itself. You have to program it from the Nav screen. VaisTech has instructions on how to do that. Unfortunately, they are incomplete. I finally called VaisTech and talked to support. It was even difficult talking to them.

Basically what you are to do is to activate the Simple Mode screen, change the deactivate setting, and then close out the Simple Mode screen. They don't tell you how to get out of the Simple Mode screen. Without proper exiting, the change fails.

Here's the step-by-step procedure to do this:
1. Activate the Simple Mode screen by opening the MD Changer screen and pressing SCANN button (on the screen) 8 times within 2 seconds.
2. Press the DISC REPEAT button to hear the long beep.
3. Now comes the part they didn't put in their instructions. You must get out of the Simple Mode. It is done just like getting into the Simple Mode. Press the SCANN button 8 times within 2 seconds. Apparently the VaisTech technicians assumed that everyone would understand that and it wasn't necessary to include in their instructions.

Be aware that the "I Agree" screen doesn't really go away. They have programmed the SL2Vi to press the button for you after it displays for an adequate time to read it. That short wait is worth it and you quickly learn to ignore the screen during start-up
Old 07-12-09, 01:13 PM
Got4wd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jayclapp
The "I Agree" doesn't just go away by itself. You have to program it from the Nav screen. VaisTech has instructions on how to do that. Unfortunately, they are incomplete. I finally called VaisTech and talked to support. It was even difficult talking to them.

Basically what you are to do is to activate the Simple Mode screen, change the deactivate setting, and then close out the Simple Mode screen. They don't tell you how to get out of the Simple Mode screen. Without proper exiting, the change fails.

Here's the step-by-step procedure to do this:
1. Activate the Simple Mode screen by opening the MD Changer screen and pressing SCANN button (on the screen) 8 times within 2 seconds.
2. Press the DISC REPEAT button to hear the long beep.
3. Now comes the part they didn't put in their instructions. You must get out of the Simple Mode. It is done just like getting into the Simple Mode. Press the SCANN button 8 times within 2 seconds. Apparently the VaisTech technicians assumed that everyone would understand that and it wasn't necessary to include in their instructions.

Be aware that the "I Agree" screen doesn't really go away. They have programmed the SL2Vi to press the button for you after it displays for an adequate time to read it. That short wait is worth it and you quickly learn to ignore the screen during start-up

Thanks for the quick reply! Did what you said and works perfect. Thank you very much!
Old 07-28-09, 09:57 AM
Nickc0844
Rookie

So after all that, things are working great? I want to listen to my iPod in my 07' GS so badly without a tape string hanging out.
Old 11-23-14, 03:44 AM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Received 675 Likes on 462 Posts

Check out this post on the LS430 forum https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ag-screen.html for steps to bypass the "I Agree" screen.