IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

does anyone else do late night cruises to relieve stress?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-12, 07:54 AM
eddiekay
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default does anyone else do late night cruises to relieve stress?

Does anyone else go out and take their ISx50 out for a late night stroll for like 20-30 minutes to relieve stress and reflect on stuff when you need time alone?

Something about the night air and the low amount of cars that makes you feel like you "own the road" just cruising slowly along to music, (sometimes without music just hearing the engine).

It's very satisfying to me that once i've had a bad day or something on my mind i take a cruise around the city, sometimes gunning it due to not many cars on the road. It's relieving, relaxing and creates a sense of calm.

Anyone else feel the same way because i just recently started doing this and find it really helpful to just get away and reflect.

Thanks
Old 08-16-12, 07:58 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive never thought about doing this but it sounds interesting. Maybe Ill try it soon
Old 08-16-12, 08:03 AM
maximL
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Chicago, there's always cars on the road. Going out at night means I may get stuck in construction traffic (crews do most of their work at night to relieve daytime traffic). I resort to chilling in the garage with a beer.
Old 08-16-12, 08:22 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've done that a few times and feel the same way. There is something different about the night atmosphere that I find to be more tranquil. I live 2 lights away from the coastline road with a nice view of the beach, so I take a round trip when I feel like I need to with the windows and moonroof open and just let it soak in.
Old 08-16-12, 08:24 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

ive done this many times....i like doing this in the summer to drive down to the shore and back up!!!! deff is reliever)

a buddy of mine everytime he got into a fight with his fiance, got in his corvette and drove until he got bored. I caled him once i was like yo wat up? his like driving im like where, his like just passed the Ohio State Border :0.. (keep in mind we are in New Jersey)
Old 08-16-12, 08:47 AM
eddiekay
Rookie

Yea it definately seems like a good way to just let things settle. For men especially, i haven't heard of ANY women doing anything like this lol but i definately do enjoy it especially going by the water, you're right.

When that sad slow song comes on the radio and you just started singing away and cruising along, it's quite the relieving lol (dont lie we've all done it =P)
Old 08-16-12, 09:03 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

I do this as well. I'll take a ride up and down LSD since I live so close to the lake and I come back feeling so much better after cruising around with some ambient jazz or bossa nova to calm my nerves. My little pup rides in my lap and we cruise down Mich Ave as well. Traffic is minimal and I can sleep afterwards.
Old 08-16-12, 09:22 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

I used to do this when I had a manual and a faster car. It was fun doing it in my s2000 with the top down hitting 9000 rpm slamming 6 gears
Old 08-16-12, 10:14 AM
eddiekay
Rookie

^ lmao not the quiet and peaceful way eh?
Old 08-16-12, 10:19 AM
impruv
Driver School Candidate

Yup I do this all the time. If not stress, it's just to clear my mind. Sometimes I do the country roads so I can floor it, other times I just pick a road and drive for 10-15 min and then head back home.
Old 08-16-12, 10:38 AM
nociscokid
Driver School Candidate

I do this often. Especially after i clean her up and she shines like new nickle. Turn on the jams and cruz...
Old 08-16-12, 10:49 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I do this a lot too. I live in a fairly small city, so sometimes I drive straight through, and sometimes I cruise the perimeter highway. I usually have some old school R&B playing in the background.
Old 08-16-12, 10:51 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

I did this a lot my senior year of college and still do on occasion now with the pups in the back seat. They enjoy the drive it relaxes them. (i put down towels so they don't mess up the seats haha)
Old 08-16-12, 11:05 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

I don't go out of my way to do it, but sometimes when I'm on my way home on a longer night drive by myself I connect my ipod and play on shuffle. I run into songs that I havent heard of in years and it reminds me of the times I use to listen to it- both good and bad times. It's really nostalgic and relaxing imo.
Old 08-16-12, 11:08 AM
mvlbr
Lead Lap

Ben Selleck: Hey Brent, you see my wife over there?
Brent Gage: Yea
Ben Selleck: it is a *dead* marriage but, ya know, ya learn to live with it. Drive around out at night windows down, music up. Some people call it cruisin' me i call it looking for a friend. Are you my friend Brent?
Brent Gage: No!

click here to understand the quotes

Last edited by mvlbr; 08-16-12 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply: does anyone else do late night cruises to relieve stress?