IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS fuel pressure sensor recall (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-11, 10:08 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06-09 IS250 Recall

Incase you haven't heard...

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...sedans-in-us/1
Old 01-26-11, 10:20 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will have this recall fix done when they do my valves in late spring, no hurry.

So far my 07 IS350 has had zero defects, 2 recalls done, 2 recalls to go. Service treatment has been excellent.
Old 01-26-11, 10:25 AM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Phresh2010
2010 ftw
...or LATE 2008 FTW. hehe.

...I haven't gotten any of the recalls outside of the "brake override and shorten the pedal so it doesn't get trapped under your floormat", which wasn't exactly necessary imho. No valve spring recall, and it sounds like I'm probably exempt from this one as well.

This is just personal preference, but I'm a big proponent of waiting until year 3 of a new model cycle. I might have even went 09, but I liked some things about the '08 better, and it was more cost effective (since it was one of several left overs). ...to each their own though.

(Edit: Good thing I went for a 350 instead of a 250 though since that goes through early 2009. Interesting.)

Last edited by rebs; 01-26-11 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-26-11, 10:35 AM
Ep350
Rookie

man, this thing is killing me.. my car needs this recent recall, brake cylinder, and valve spring and the damn dealer canceled my appointment the day before i was scheduled to come in and said they will call me for the appointment since there is a worldwide shortage on parts. WTF?
Old 01-26-11, 10:41 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazybuggy
toyota/lexus should stop cutting costs and make their vehicles based on what they were built upon.... reliability
I guess you don't understand how engineering and design work. One can't foresee, nor test, for everything that a car will encounter during its years on the road.

Originally Posted by pli
does it explain why ive been getting poor gas mileage on my 2IS for the last few months? getting 14mpg as the computer shows..
I've also had pretty poor mileage for the past few months. 14mpg as well.
Old 01-26-11, 10:56 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ep350
man, this thing is killing me.. my car needs this recent recall, brake cylinder, and valve spring and the damn dealer canceled my appointment the day before i was scheduled to come in and said they will call me for the appointment since there is a worldwide shortage on parts. WTF?
Same here, I tried to book an appointment for APRIL and they said "we'll have to get back to you as there is a backlog". C'mon Lexus, step up your game as you are loosing the PR campaign with your own customers. They recall the vehicle and then tell you they can't fix it in a reasonable timeframe. I'm not worried the springs are going to go 'boing', but if there is a recall then let's get the work done and move on. When it is time to get a new car I will think twice about Lexus. The customer service has been ok, but the queue to get the work done has been less than satisfying. And now we have another recall to contend with.
Old 01-26-11, 11:03 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rebs
...or LATE 2008 FTW. hehe.
Interestingly, mine is not included in this recall (per logging into the Lexus owners site about an hour ago) but it was among the very first 2008 350s delivered.

That makes me think perhaps it was only cars built at a specific plant.
Old 01-26-11, 11:09 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Same here, I tried to book an appointment for APRIL and they said "we'll have to get back to you as there is a backlog". C'mon Lexus, step up your game as you are loosing the PR campaign with your own customers. They recall the vehicle and then tell you they can't fix it in a reasonable timeframe. I'm not worried the springs are going to go 'boing', but if there is a recall then let's get the work done and move on. When it is time to get a new car I will think twice about Lexus. The customer service has been ok, but the queue to get the work done has been less than satisfying. And now we have another recall to contend with.

Lexus is screwed either way.

If instead they waiting to ship parts to the dealers in advance of an announcement someone would find out and then the headline would be "LEXUS HIDING SECRET PRODUCT DEFECTS WITHOUT RECALL"

Interestingly my car is not impacted per the Lexus owners site, despite being one of the very first 2008s delivered to the US. (I picked it up from the dealer Oct 3, 2007... and it had arrived in US days earlier). Makes me suspect it was only one plant impacted (Mine was built at Tahara IIRC so perhaps the sensor was only tightened too little at the other IS plant)
Old 01-26-11, 11:14 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ interesting thought...checked which plant mine was built in (my car does qualify for this recall) and here is what TIS states:

Plant Code: N - TMC PLANT - JAPAN

Is that the same as yours Kurtz?
Old 01-26-11, 11:15 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Lexus is screwed either way.

If instead they waiting to ship parts to the dealers in advance of an announcement someone would find out and then the headline would be "LEXUS HIDING SECRET PRODUCT DEFECTS WITHOUT RECALL"
I agree that it is lose/lose for Lexus and their hands are tied as they now have to call a recall as soon as they know it, thanks in part to their terrible handling of the pedal recall last year. But, c'mon, the car is still in production and valve springs are being made for those vehicles; either halt production and divert the springs for the recall (oh, no, they can't do that...$$$) or pay premium prices for your supplier to ramp up production to satisfy the recall demand. I think Lexus is dropping the ball here. Put another way, if the failure rate on these springs was 5 or 10% and cars were blowing up day after day you know Lexus would be replacing the springs on an accelerated basis.

Last edited by Evitzee; 01-26-11 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-26-11, 11:24 AM
E6BAV8R
Pole Position

Originally Posted by new.era.13
I honestly still think Lexus is one of the most reliable cars out there. Even with all these recalls. I would still buy a Lexus.
I agree. I still don't question the reliability of my car. I haven't even got any of the other recalls done, but then again there are about 10 Lexus dealers within miles of me.
Old 01-26-11, 11:25 AM
650IS350
Lead Lap

LMAO at all these recalls, by the end of all, I'll end up with a new car... LOL
Old 01-26-11, 11:36 AM
Ep350
Rookie

Originally Posted by 650IS350
LMAO at all these recalls, by the end of all, I'll end up with a new car... LOL
pretty much. LOL..
Old 01-26-11, 11:42 AM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Despite the recalls I've never had a problem with the car. Mine was an early 2008 and is being recalled. Currently the car is sitting outside piled with snow. It's not going anywhere!
Old 01-26-11, 11:48 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an appointment in two weeks to have the valve spring recall done but I just checked the owner's site and I have a total of 4 I won't be doing the brake override one so I guess that ONLY leaves 3 to be done.

Quick Reply: IS fuel pressure sensor recall (merged threads)