IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IPod Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-06, 07:53 AM
rys
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by duckduck
(Bah, I can't wait for VAIS to come out with a line-in for the iPod and another channel input for a DVD player/PS2/etc...otherwise I wouldn't ask this question)
http://www.vaistech.com/sli.html

They have an iPod connector with an AUX audio input, but nothing yet for the video side. (Which I think you were suggesting).

-Brian
Old 09-11-06, 06:40 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rys
http://www.vaistech.com/sli.html

They have an iPod connector with an AUX audio input, but nothing yet for the video side. (Which I think you were suggesting).

-Brian
Yeah, the Vaistech main page of their website shows that they once (or maybe it is a "will") offered an iPod/video input adapter. I'm waiting for them to hopefully release one so most of my audio/video solutions will be answered.

In the meantime, I guess I'll just run it full volume out of my headphone jack for the iPod. I'm not getting any distortion, and I just turn off my EQ on my iPod (either "Off" or "Flat"...I still don't know what the difference between the two is).
Old 09-11-06, 07:46 PM
cpsmith516
Rookie

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
sound is better because the cars system is using its equalizer on the ipods equalizer so it gets boosted twice
doubling the effects of an equalizer does not increase sound quality... an equalizer alters the sound of the original recording, by running a song through 2 equalizers is not going to compensate for a poor recording, or improper MP3 compression. stick to no equalization on your ipod unless absolutely necessary. if you find that you have too much bass or treble on your pod, try finding better headphones.

on a side note (not meaning to flame you) but you're clearly not an audiophile by anyone's definition if you think running a song through multiple equalizers is going to improve upon the sound quality.
Old 09-12-06, 10:34 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

For those who might be interested:

I just got my Scosche Remote in yesterday and it works like a champ! I selected it because of the form factor of the remote, the way it "works" with the colors of the car and the fact that it had control over selection of the playlists and shuffle features.

They list it as 150ft range even through walls and I though yeah whatever BUT I was fiddling with the remote upstairs in my condo and the iPod was getting my commands... through 2 feet of concreet floor, the top of the car and the closed center console. So I'm pleasantly surprised!

I found a way to "mount" the remote to the visor so that it looks like part of the car without making any changes to the car. I'll post pictures tonight.
Old 09-12-06, 10:38 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SerKevin
For those who might be interested:

I just got my Scosche Remote in yesterday and it works like a champ! I selected it because of the form factor of the remote, the way it "works" with the colors of the car and the fact that it had control over selection of the playlists and shuffle features.

They list it as 150ft range even through walls and I though yeah whatever BUT I was fiddling with the remote upstairs in my condo and the iPod was getting my commands... through 2 feet of concreet floor, the top of the car and the closed center console. So I'm pleasantly surprised!

I found a way to "mount" the remote to the visor so that it looks like part of the car without making any changes to the car. I'll post pictures tonight.
I have one of these for my Nano, it's pretty cool. But I don't need it anymore (if anyone wants it) since I have the VAIStech installation.
Old 09-12-06, 07:46 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

I just emailed Vaistech about their Video input/iPod unit, and this is their response:

My response:
Hi,

I was wondering when and if you are going to be releasing this
product (AVIC-100i A/V Auxiliary Input Adapter with Apple® iPod™
interface). I would be interested in purchasing this product (for
my IS350). Thanks!

Their response:

Video units are still in development and will be available next year.
--
Best regards,
Eugene Kaspin
VAIS Technology
phone: 720-733-2348
e-mail: info@vaistech.com