IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Destination Charge just went up $105??

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-05, 09:19 AM
skingsland
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Destination Charge just went up $105??

When I look at the destination charge for other Lexus models besides the IS 250/350, they all seem to be $695. Yet for the IS it's $590. And now I get this, from a Lexus salesman (in regards to an IS 350 Special Order):

"On the cost the one thing that your missing is destination of $695, that just went up $50."

First of all, the current destination is $590 so that would mean it just went up $105, not $50. But can anyone confirm or deny this??
Old 12-06-05, 12:15 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by skingsland
When I look at the destination charge for other Lexus models besides the IS 250/350, they all seem to be $695. Yet for the IS it's $590. And now I get this, from a Lexus salesman (in regards to an IS 350 Special Order):

"On the cost the one thing that your missing is destination of $695, that just went up $50."

First of all, the current destination is $590 so that would mean it just went up $105, not $50. But can anyone confirm or deny this??
I don't know if Lexus is planning on increasing the destination charge (It was $590 when I picked up my car 1 week ago), but that is a non-negotiable item that the salesman can't cheat you on, nor should you base your car buying decision on it. It will be listed in the invoice. Next you are going to worry about whether the car has Dunlop vs Michelin tires because they cost differently. Just concentrate on the car itself--don't ruin the pleasure of buying a new car for yourself.
Old 12-06-05, 12:29 PM
skingsland
Driver

Originally Posted by jlin101
I don't know if Lexus is planning on increasing the destination charge (It was $590 when I picked up my car 1 week ago), but that is a non-negotiable item that the salesman can't cheat you on, nor should you base your car buying decision on it. It will be listed in the invoice. Next you are going to worry about whether the car has Dunlop vs Michelin tires because they cost differently. Just concentrate on the car itself--don't ruin the pleasure of buying a new car for yourself.
I thought someone would probably misunderstand my reason for asking, and I considered mentioning it in my original post. Probably should have...

I don't care about an extra $100 on a ~$43K car; I'm not that ****. But what I DO care about is whether the salesman I'm talking to is honest and knowledgable. I don't like being misinformed, regardless of whether or not it's on purpose. Read my other thread if you wanna see what I've been through...

I'm considering driving from VA to NJ to buy a car from someone I've only talked to on the phone twice. This was one of the first things he told me, and I wanted to verify it.
Old 12-06-05, 12:53 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

I thought someone would probably misunderstand my reason for asking, and I considered mentioning it in my original post. Probably should have...

I don't care about an extra $100 on a ~$43K car; I'm not that ****. But what I DO care about is whether the salesman I'm talking to is honest and knowledgable. I don't like being misinformed, regardless of whether or not it's on purpose. Read my other thread if you wanna see what I've been through...

I'm considering driving from VA to NJ to buy a car from someone I've only talked to on the phone twice. This was one of the first things he told me, and I wanted to verify it.
Actually I have been following all your threads quite closely. You can verify the destination charge simply by asking another salesman or calling Lexus customer service.
Old 12-06-05, 01:11 PM
skingsland
Driver

Originally Posted by jlin101
Actually I have been following all your threads quite closely. You can verify the destination charge simply by asking another salesman or calling Lexus customer service.
Or even better, I can go through Build Your Own Lexus on www.lexus.com, right? Shouldn't the destination charge listed there be the most accurate & up-to-date?

Well, if it is, then it's still $590 for both my ZIP and his. (And HE'S the one who said to look at build your own lexus to see the updated dest. charge.) He also said that the dest. charge is different regionally...

Anyway, I'm willing to pay an extra $100 for destination. Just a little curious about why/where/when/whether it actually went up.
Old 12-08-05, 10:10 AM
skingsland
Driver

Question

Originally Posted by rpwsrw
They did go up on most of the cars. I currently don't have an invoice on any of my currnet IS's that is more than $590.
OK, so as far as everyone knows the Destination Charge for the IS 350 is still $590, and not $695?
Old 12-08-05, 10:44 AM
skingsland
Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by rpwsrw
correct as of today.
Thanks.
Old 12-09-05, 01:38 PM
skingsland
Driver

OK, so as far as everyone knows the Destination Charge for the IS 350 is still $590, and not $695?
I just talked to the guy, and I think this was an honest mistake. It did just go up on most of (all of?) the other lexus models, to $695. He had no idea why it would be different for the IS, but he eventually admitted it is. This is where saying "I've talked to other dealers in DC, the Mid-West, even your same state, checked www.lexus.com -- they all say $590" helped. Being politely assertive is an absolute necessitiy in this game, it seems...