IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

My radio wont work

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-13, 02:24 PM
lowerclass
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My radio wont work

it plays tapes so when i connect my phone to a tape it plays but cds nor the radio itself wont work. anyone ever have this issue. could it be a fuze or how do i find the problem out?

thanks guys
Old 07-14-13, 10:25 AM
lowerclass
Driver School Candidate

also my cigarette lighter doesnt work so i cant charge my phone or anything..
Old 07-14-13, 12:19 PM
hatchguy
Driver School Candidate

Did you accidently plug in a wrong plug into the radio?
There is one loose plug back there that will fit but doesn't belong in there.
That plugin should remain empty.
Old 07-14-13, 10:56 PM
lowerclass
Driver School Candidate

i havent plugged anything the radio just went out ut of no where, same thing with the cig lighter.
Old 07-15-13, 11:39 AM
ivandebo
Driver School Candidate

Default ..

Have you look at your Fuses?
Old 07-15-13, 11:45 AM
EAnton781
Driver School Candidate

I have buttons that occasionally stop working, preset 2, Track down and sometime the power button. I have had no luck figuring out what causes it. They usually all work when I start the vehicle then start to fail while I'm driving.

On a maybe-related note, the seat memory buttons have stopped working as well but the power seats still work fine.
Old 07-15-13, 10:55 PM
lowerclass
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ivandebo
Have you look at your Fuses?
i got it checked today the mechanic told me i have to buy a new one because there is no fixing a cd player. but as far as the lighter he said the fuse is out ive looked and found it was a 15a fuse. he gave me some long story on how the lighter fuse is under the center console by the lighter... is that true? i thought the only cig lighter fuse was on the driver side with the rest.
Old 07-16-13, 12:51 PM
FPSee
Driver

Red face

Originally Posted by lowerclass
i got it checked today the mechanic told me i have to buy a new one because there is no fixing a cd player. but as far as the lighter he said the fuse is out ive looked and found it was a 15a fuse. he gave me some long story on how the lighter fuse is under the center console by the lighter... is that true? i thought the only cig lighter fuse was on the driver side with the rest.
i dont think there's another fuse for the cig lighter. i have my amp cable hooked up to my cig lighter fuse by the driver foot rest. so he might be trying to get some easy labor work to fix and charge you $50 for something that only takes 1 minute.
Old 07-16-13, 01:11 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The fuse for the cig light should either be on the driver side or pass side kick panel. As far as the radio is this the stock radio or aftermarket? Also what year is this? If the fuse was blown for the radio the tape player wouldnt work.
Old 07-16-13, 10:08 PM
ctfinest28
Rookie

I've had so many issues with my radio that I up and bought a new one. Trust me it's worth it with all the extra options you'll have a way better experience. The only thing to not is that your probably going to have to change the speakers and the amp out if you want everything to work properly.
Old 07-18-13, 06:26 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

NOT TRUE! When I bought my car used, one of the biggest hypes the sales man was telling me was "Oh! It's got a 6 CD changer!!" He kept mentioning it. When I test drove it, I didn't have a CD with me.

When I got it home, the CD player did not work. I brought it back, I was told that they would not fix it because the car is used (bought at a Lexus dealer). I pointed out that the car was supposed to pass inspection and the audio was part of that. That went back and forth until they finally agreed.

The reason the manager agreed was because there was some kind of issue with the CDs players breaking and what happened was they removed mine, sent it out and repaired it.

So yes, it can be repaired.