Sponsored by:

Radio buttons not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-11, 01:18 PM
austinmw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio buttons not working

Hi all, I just bought a 2005 ES330 yesterday, but I only turned the radio on and off, and didn't realize when I got it that a lot of the radio buttons aren't working. The radio turns on and all the steering wheel controls work, but most of the audio control buttons on the center console don't. I tested the fuses and they're all good. Anyone have an idea what's up with this? Any and all help is very much appreciated, thanks!

Here's a picture.. all the buttons circled in red don't work, but the black CD buttons and the volume/tuning **** do work
Attached Thumbnails Radio buttons not working-lexus-buttons.jpg  

Last edited by austinmw; 12-12-11 at 05:56 AM.
Old 12-17-11, 07:41 AM
irishcharm
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

two possible solutions but require more info.

- I cant remember if there is a security lock on that radio. If it is illuminated then the radio is locked and needs a code (which I dont suspect to be the issue).
-Pull your battery cables and leave them disconnected to reset the ECU and the radio. Wait about 10-15 mins (excessive but o well) and then try it again.

If no dice it is possible that the buttons are not making contact with the radio switch board behind it or it just shorted out. press the buttons slowly and quietly and see if there is any scrapping or clicking noises. if these dont work, immediately go back to where you bought it and tell them to fix since you just bought it.

good luck, let me know.