Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

Random thoughts on my new 450h

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-10, 10:32 AM
Coolpop
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Random thoughts on my new 450h

OK, here are some thoughts and observations that I'd like to share with my fellow 450h owners:

1. Man do I love this car. SO much power and a blast to drive.

2. Am I crazy or am I actually getting BETTER mileage in the "power" mode? I'm thinking that the power mode uses more of the battery bc the Hybrid light comes on, hence the better mileage. I have no idea on this (don't have the manuals/books as of yet) but I swear the mileage is better in this mode.

3. HUGE difference in torque/power between the two modes. Someone had posted that they couldn't feel any difference. I beg to differ in a big way.

4. I don't really notice any difference between "sport" and "normal". Does anybody?

5. Trunk is almost useless. Who cares.

6. Even at the highest setting (3), I can't feel much AC coming out of the ventilated seats.

7. After having the dealer take off the awful runflats and install Pilot Sport A/S Plus, the car rides so much better and is a lot quieter.

That's all I can think of for now. Any and all comments welcome bc I'd like to know what my fellow hybrid owners think.
Old 04-07-10, 10:38 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolpop
OK, here are some thoughts and observations that I'd like to share with my fellow 450h owners:

1. Man do I love this car. SO much power and a blast to drive.

2. Am I crazy or am I actually getting BETTER mileage in the "power" mode? I'm thinking that the power mode uses more of the battery bc the Hybrid light comes on, hence the better mileage. I have no idea on this (don't have the manuals/books as of yet) but I swear the mileage is better in this mode.

3. HUGE difference in torque/power between the two modes. Someone had posted that they couldn't feel any difference. I beg to differ in a big way.

4. I don't really notice any difference between "sport" and "normal". Does anybody?

5. Trunk is almost useless. Who cares.

6. Even at the highest setting (3), I can't feel much AC coming out of the ventilated seats.

7. After having the dealer take off the awful runflats and install Pilot Sport A/S Plus, the car rides so much better and is a lot quieter.

That's all I can think of for now. Any and all comments welcome bc I'd like to know what my fellow hybrid owners think.
you'll love your 450h more if you lowered it a little and/or added f-sport sways. if you think its a blast to drive now, imagine having that power and able to carve corners more precisely!
Old 04-07-10, 10:47 AM
Coolpop
Driver

LOL. Damn, even though I'm a fossil I just may do that!
Old 04-07-10, 10:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

does your car already have apsss? if so, can't change the sway

for 6), drop your pants!

seriously, it's not AC seats, it's just ventilated, meaning it's blowing whatever your AC system is blowing into the seat. it's different from ls460 which really has compressor to generate AC air
Old 04-07-10, 10:53 AM
Coolpop
Driver

Ah, ok, that makes sense now about the ventilated seats. Still, in FL, something is better than nothing.
Old 04-07-10, 11:04 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by rominl
does your car already have apsss? if so, can't change the sway

for 6), drop your pants!

seriously, it's not AC seats, it's just ventilated, meaning it's blowing whatever your AC system is blowing into the seat. it's different from ls460 which really has compressor to generate AC air
henry, there was a pic of apsss that was posted awhile back, can't find it. can you find the link?
Old 04-07-10, 01:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Old 04-07-10, 01:14 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

^ that is so hawt!

coolpop: if you have this in your trunk, you don't need sways. apsss > f-sport sways
Old 04-08-10, 12:18 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolpop
LOL. Damn, even though I'm a fossil I just may do that!
Sorry to butt in - I'm 43 and am far from being a fossil, age is but a number (). I'm sitting on 20" wheels, lowered getting ready to go lower with coilovers in the next couple of weeks and F-Sport sway bars. It makes me feel young all over again.

Congrats on the car CP.

And now for a commercial break: If your interested I'll have some Tanabe springs for sale.

Enjoy my friend!

rg
Old 04-08-10, 02:55 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by 1STLXS
Sorry to butt in - I'm 43 and am far from being a fossil, age is but a number (). I'm sitting on 20" wheels, lowered getting ready to go lower with coilovers in the next couple of weeks and F-Sport sway bars. It makes me feel young all over again.

Congrats on the car CP.

And now for a commercial break: If your interested I'll have some Tanabe springs for sale.

Enjoy my friend!

rg
i'm proud to join the geriatric club (i'm 41). just kidding! good to know that old farts like us can enjoy feeling young again.
Old 04-08-10, 06:12 PM
Coolpop
Driver

rg - I feel so much younger driving this beast the way it is, I can't even imagine how I'd feel with 20s and the Tanabes.

I am totally enjoying, and if I decide to go that way with the springs, I will certainly let you know.

Thanks for the wishes
Old 04-09-10, 02:08 PM
JasonGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tested the PWR mode vs the HYBRID mode for fuel econ and with freeway driving PWR does seem to offer improved fuel econ "and it's really fun".
Old 04-10-10, 08:45 PM
flosc32
Driver School Candidate

Angry Hackin the 07 Gs450h

Does anyone have the permanent hack for the Nav, BT, DVD?
Old 04-11-10, 12:14 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by flosc32
Does anyone have the permanent hack for the Nav, BT, DVD?
you can do either the wire hack or the prestigious society plug and play kit. both will allow you to have access to navi and dvd while in motion.
Old 04-11-10, 02:55 PM
flosc32
Driver School Candidate

Default Hack

Do you have the wire hack procedure or info on how to get it or the prestige plug?

Quick Reply: Random thoughts on my new 450h