HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Hi there

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-15, 04:19 AM
Janinda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi there my lexus HS 250 H Wont Start

I have lexus hs250h 2010 car ,2 days ago suddenly wn i tried to start the car it started but suddenly engine shuts down. All the lights lit up. And again i tried to start the car. Same again. Car works with hybrid battery and wn it turns on the engine car shuts down. And and starnge sound comes from the gear box. Now car wont starts. I asked a engineer to scan the car but the error code is poa 94. Means ac dc converter problem. But car works fine with hybrid battery power. And he said there is a problem in the gear box and inverter. The car has done only 59000kms. Pls somebody tell me what to do??is this lexus made in china. I mean how come the gear box and inverter problems come at this mileage??i want to contact lexus company and report this.

Last edited by Janinda; 11-07-15 at 07:35 PM. Reason: needs to mention something
Old 11-09-15, 07:18 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,098 Likes on 937 Posts

You double posted but since this is the new thread, I will double post my answer here:

Make sure you have gas in the tank! If you run out the dealer has to re-set the electronics for it to run again because it goes into some sort of safe mode to protect the battery.

You need a Toyota or Lexus dealer to run a diagnostic on the car. It sounds like an electronic problem. It has the same drivetrain as a Toyota Camry Hybrid which is why a Toyota dealer could help if there is no Lexus dealer nearby in Sri Lanka.
Old 11-11-15, 03:56 AM
Janinda
Driver School Candidate

Default My car wont start

hi there thank you very much for replying to me,(*Clutches) actually two technicians checked the car and they did a proper scan also.but the problem still remains,they suspect the inverter has a problem ,cos when they scan the car the error messeage says ac dc converter ,so i dont think its the problem cos earlier i went somewhere and car came home safely,after few hours later wn i start the car it didnt start,pls tell me what could have gone wrong,,if i take the car to a dealer will they have better sacners??now the car sits at my home,,cant move,,
Old 11-11-15, 05:46 AM
Clutchless

The dealer will have better scanners, and more importantly, better, more experienced people who work on these all the time and are more familiar with what can go wrong. The dealer also has access to the Toyota technical service bulletin database to help identify problems and provide repair tips and instructions.

Since your independent folks obviously cannot figure out what is wrong, you need a dealer to check it out.
Also ,that inverter should be under warranty as the hybrid drive train has a very long and excellent warranty!
Old 11-11-15, 06:03 AM
Janinda
Driver School Candidate

Default hi clutchless

thanks and pls can you tell me what seems to be the problem with my car before i take it to a dealer,the dealers dont have the inverters right now, i called them,,why is my inverter problem occur at this early stages,new inverter costs so much and they dont have inverters to buy in sri lanka
Old 11-12-15, 08:31 AM
Clutchless

I am unable to diagnose your car problems over the internet. Especially since your local independent mechanics do not appear able to perform such a diagnosis.
How do you really know the problem is actually the inverter until the dealer checks it out. It is rare to hear of these problems, and THE HYBRID DRIVE SYSTEM AND INVERTER ARE UNDER WARRANTY!
GO TO THE DEALER! THEY WILL GET THE PARTS DELIVERED FROM JAPAN! THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU A LOANER VEHICLE DURING REPAIRS!

What warranty coverage do I have on my new Lexus vehicle? http://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/answe...xus-vehicle%3F
Basic Coverage
4 years/50,000 miles (all components other than normal wear and maintenance items). Wheel alignment and balancing are covered for 12 months or 20,000 miles, whichever occurs first

Powertrain Coverage
6 years/70,000 miles (engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel-drive system and rear-wheel drive), whichever occurs first

Rust-Through Coverage
6 years/unlimited miles (corrosion perforation of sheet metal)

Hybrid Vehicle System
8 years/100,000 miles (Hybrid control module, Hybrid battery control module, Hybrid battery and inverter with converter), whichever occurs first.
http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdriver...ce/warranty.do
You are covered per the warranties listed above. Besides - It may just be bad connections on the battery or somewhere due to corrosion as, If I recall, Sri Lanka is a tropical island with lots of heat, humidity and sea air to increase corrosion of electrical components.

Last edited by Clutchless; 11-12-15 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-03-16, 06:48 PM
Janinda
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi cluthless

Hi there ,im really sorry i couldn't update u about the car. Actually as u instructed i took the car to a dealer. Once they checked the car they're decision was the same that i have to replace the inverter and gear box. I had no choice but to buy them from ebay from u s a. Actually i brought them down to sri lanka. And they fixed the car finally. The guys in usa helped me a lot as well as u. So thank you so much for helping me out. I really appreciate you took your time for me. Thanks again it meant so much for me. I was really worried at that time. The sri lankan customs they charged me alot. Even for the used parts. I am really disappointed in them. The dealer also let me bring the parts from outside which they usually don't allow.any way thank you again and i ll be in touch.