GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Auto folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-18, 03:01 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 194 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by matts17

So can I order this from the US....assuming I can translate the site enough to figure it out??
Yes, you can order from Taobao while in the US. However, there are some caveats. It won't be as easy as ordering from amazon or ebay. Usually sellers on taobao do not directly ship to the US. As you found out, there is the language issue. Google translate or a similar source can help you navigate. If you have any friends or coworkers that can read Chinese, the process goes a lot easier. If you know anyone that lives in China, you can have them purchase and receive the goods for you (which they can possibly bring back or ship to the US for you).

Otherwise, you'll need to find a Taobao agent, which is essentially a middle man that can help you receive items in China and then help you send those items back out to you. There are some fees and costs associated with their services. Some Taobao agents that are usually recommended include Superbuy.com and CSSbuy.com. I haven't used them before, but you can do a google search for "Taobao Agents" or the websites above.

You might not be able to order or receive a response back for another 7-10 days. A lot of places in China are currently on vacation for the New Year.
Old 02-17-18, 03:09 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

For anyone who may still interested to purchase this OBD Plug-N-Play mirror folding device, please PM me.
The following 3 users liked this post by hzhao:
dgi (02-21-18), dmasuda (03-19-18), Ltrapper (07-15-19)
Old 03-03-18, 01:49 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,562 Likes on 2,332 Posts

This might be a lost shipment here. We do have a few more days before I reach out to vendor for a refund.

Ordered 1/15... last day to receive 3/13

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
I'm gonna try this one out I ordered. I am sure I can find a Land Cruiser owner who will buy it if nothing else. They claimed they are going to send me one that doesn't flash lights.

Of course grid says it doesn't fold mirrors on a Prado...

I think on the Prado videos I've seen the entire switch was replaced so GX may be different animal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD2-for-to...w/121909407238

this could end up being a big fail too but willing to experiment. :-)
Old 03-03-18, 02:49 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 194 Likes on 128 Posts

This might be a lost shipment here. We do have a few more days before I reach out to vendor for a refund.

Ordered 1/15... last day to receive 3/13
Might have been delayed from the New Years backlog throughout the whole month of February. Did you have tracking on it?
Old 03-03-18, 02:55 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ObsidianBl

Might have been delayed from the New Years backlog throughout the whole month of February. Did you have tracking on it?
Only thing they gave me was a China post number that doesn't offer anything other than tracking info added back a few days after purchase in January and a DHL # that shows this

Old 03-17-18, 06:18 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Vendor told me they sent two to someone else. Now another 5 week wait for the replacement.

Only thing they gave me was a China post number that doesn't offer anything other than tracking info added back a few days after purchase in January and a DHL # that shows this

Old 03-19-18, 05:37 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Looks like vendor fast-tracked the replacement and I should have it by Wednesday.
The following users liked this post:
bbqsoup (03-19-18)
Old 03-21-18, 03:32 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Looks like vendor fast-tracked the replacement and I should have it by Wednesday.
This one looks like a compatibility dud. It says on the box non-flashing and it doesn't flash but when I lock the door I hear a bunch of attempts in the door to do something. I didn't leave it plugged in long enough to determine whether power locks or windows. I'll sell it on CL to someone with a '10-'15 LC or LX. I plugged other one back in and relieved to see all works well again. That #2 at bottom of instructions doesn't give me confidence either. They did ship out quickly to me via DHL.

Old 03-22-18, 10:10 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 422 Posts

This one looks like a compatibility dud. It says on the box non-flashing and it doesn't flash but when I lock the door I hear a bunch of attempts in the door to do something. I didn't leave it plugged in long enough to determine whether power locks or windows. I'll sell it on CL to someone with a '10-'15 LC or LX. I plugged other one back in and relieved to see all works well again. That #2 at bottom of instructions doesn't give me confidence either. They did ship out quickly to me via DHL.

Sorry that it didn't work out. Does it sound like it was trying to crank up the windows? I have the module plugged in almost permanently now except when on long trip when I want to monitor temp and other metrics then I switched it with the ODB2 Wifi module.
Old 03-22-18, 12:31 PM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default what ODB2 Wifi you are using

Originally Posted by bbqsoup
Sorry that it didn't work out. Does it sound like it was trying to crank up the windows? I have the module plugged in almost permanently now except when on long trip when I want to monitor temp and other metrics then I switched it with the ODB2 Wifi module.
Hi bbqsoup, can you tell me what ODB2 Wifi you are using?
Thank you
Old 03-22-18, 12:36 PM
mattau
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ELEX470
Thank you
I am interested in an OBD2 module as well... do tell!
Old 03-22-18, 02:18 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Thank you
Originally Posted by mattau
I am interested in an OBD2 module as well... do tell!
I'm using the Vgate ODB2 scanner that connects to my Iphone via wifi - You still can use the phone's GTE as well bluetooth.
Amazon Amazon

The App is ODB Fusion on Apple Store

Old 03-22-18, 04:06 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

It was a gamble... it sounds like the power door lock area and it was trying to lock over and over again quite quickly.

I keep mine in most of the time now other than when I need to use TS.
Old 03-26-18, 11:51 AM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default is this APP free?

I'm using the Vgate ODB2 scanner that connects to my Iphone via wifi - You still can use the phone's GTE as well bluetooth.
https://www.amazon.com/Scanner-Vgate...th%2Bwifi&th=1

The App is ODB Fusion on Apple Store

Is this a free APP if not is there a free APP for this device and do you know the difference between free app and not free one?
Old 03-26-18, 05:05 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Is this a free APP if not is there a free APP for this device and do you know the difference between free app and not free one?
I think it’s $10. I tried a few free apps and none was better than this one.

Quick Reply: Auto folding mirrors