GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

GX460 - Tire Size Comparison Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-24, 06:55 AM
xychromo
Intermediate

Received 194 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by SCOFF82
Recently installed a 2.5”/2” lift with Bilstein 5100s and OME springs with SPC UCAs. Tires upgraded to 285/70 17, but had to swap for 275/70 17 due to tire rub in rear of front fender well. Unfortunately 275s still rubbed. I had already done the screw replacement and used a heat gun. I also had 2 different shops align it hoping they would be able to adjust the camber enough to prevent rubbing, but no dice, even with the adjustable SPC UCAs. Ended up trimming out a chunk of the inner fender liner and that did the trick, no more rubbing.

what's the offset of those wheels?
Old 03-02-24, 05:29 PM
LuxuryOR
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

UPDATE- (My 265's fit with factory hitch) After getting service at the local Lexus dealer, the tech told me he thought the 265's would fit in the spare location if I tilted the front up first, then cranked the spare up. I had my son crank it up while I directed the tire into place and it fits perfectly. It doesn't touch the KDSS bar. So, it looks like it fits afterall and I'll be able to take it in the stock location. I do plan to someday put in a supplemental fuel tank there so will eventually move the spare to a rear bumper or hitch mount tire carrier but for now I have the option to have it on board if I'm going outside of AAA reach. I'll post some pics once I can get them off my phone and onto my desktop. [See post above under my username for the original post details]

I noticed this is true for @Seanzky too so I'm confident it probably works for most.

Last edited by LuxuryOR; 03-02-24 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-03-24, 06:54 AM
NSpooner
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xychromo
what's the offset of those wheels?
I'm wondering that too. I have basically the same setup with the 285's and was able to get it to not rub pretty easily. I'm betting it was a higher negative offset wheel, I'm running -10.
Old 03-04-24, 06:56 PM
blackangus
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Seanzky
Just a quick update on these tires... since I do 60% highway, 30% city/local roads, and 10% off-road, I find these to be a great choice. After driving 120 miles total (just got home), I can report back with some of my findings that forum members might find interesting/helpful. Although road noise and vibration is minimal, I can definitely feel and hear it compared to the factory Dueler H/Ts. It's negligible, but it's there. There's also some felt rolling resistance and obvious weightiness to these tires. Acceleration is a bit lethargic in that regard, but otherwise very, very smooth. The gas mileage hasn't suffered by much, though. Just by my estimation since I haven't done a full tank yet, I think I'm losing about 1 mpg. We'll see about my drive tomorrow, which will be another 120 miles, starting with a full tank. Also, my speedometer is finally 1:1 with the GPS! I no longer have to do mental arithmetic when setting cruise control. I haven't tried these under wet conditions or snow yet, obviously, so that part remains to be seen. So far, though, these seem to be great highway tires (obviously, H/T = highway tread). The big, aggressive lugs look nice and rugged, but for sweeping curves, straights, and at high speeds (85-90mph), they handle very closely in comparison to most good all-seasons. Having experienced the factory Bridgestone Dueler H/Ts for 39,000 miles, I can say I would never buy those again. These, on the other hand, I definitely will. In fact, I'm considering these for the '21 NX 300 once the Yokohama Geolandars on that car are bald. Great tires, too, to be fair, but these Falken Wildpeak H/T HT02s look so much cooler especially for highway tires.
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your detailed analysis and opinion.
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM
GXNick
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent thread . Thanks OP.