GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Issue with Lexus Corporate!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-17, 07:43 AM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

This is the honest truth, I brought it in for the AC noise, which it was intermittent. Service rep aid when it does it again bring it in right away. I figured it did it sitting for a while in the sun for some reason. So I parked there and went to some stores etc. Came back, hit the key and sure enough it did it! The "tech" heard it too. I said, compressor maybe? He laughed and said no! When they go, they go. (I still dont understand that) so I get a call and the tech wrote "replace compressor?" with a ? ! But wait! When they go they go! I also had a tire rotation, so I asked them to look at the E brake. Thats when they said the springs were on wrong! A couple days later, nI pulled it up and NOTHING! It didnt ratchet, hold uo by itself, only worked if you pulled hard! So I emailed my service advisor asking for contact infothe shop mgr, area rep Etc. I went to use the ac, and it doesnt blow cold. I emailed the advisor a bunch of times asking if I can go somewhere els. Never got a reply. I called for the service mgr, left a msg and he emails me back (I have every 1 saved) he told the advisor not to contact me!!! I said, she cant forward or tell you I called??? I put negative reviews up on a site that you click on the people at the dealership, deal rater or something? The very next day the cops are calling me about "emails" I said WTF???? They are wasting your time for me asking for contacts and phone numbers? He said he has to make a report. I said NO Im not saying ANYTHING! You read the emails and tell me if its a waste of resources and your time! The next day I got the email not to contact them! CLICK, I hung up. So the cop probably said all they can do is tell me to not have contact.

yes they are going to be toast!

Im on the phone with corporate now.

I am going to a independent next week, he is going to let me take pics then. im doing 100 things at a time ill try to get a few she is on the other line with the body shop
Old 06-29-17, 09:14 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by DiabloX22
The condenser was punctured, I tried the ac and it sounded like a can rattling around the engine. The insurance covered it but now its nor working. They did 2000 worth of work to the ac. I will call my insurance company tomorrow, thank you! The fraud is because on the bill they sent to my insurance company had work and parts that were never replaced! Im in Chicago. Did your insurance go up after the 2nd claim?
can't speak for IL, but in CA I have never had my insurance go up for any not at fault claim.. I have not had an at fault claim since the 1990s, my claims have been for vandalism, (car was keyed on all sides), hit and run in a parking lot, hit and run on a highway, and vehicle theft and recovery.

in all those claims since 1999, my rates have never been affected, the vandalism cost the insurance company over $18,000 because it was a show car with custom paint and I was covered for it, so they had to strip the custom paint off and repaint the entire car, but no rate hike.
Old 06-30-17, 05:37 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Little bit of a update. Not only did the Lexus "certified" body shop commit insurance fraud, the service dept did too! I had a few minutes to spare at 1 in the morning last night as I was just getting home. The idea of maybe when they changed out the ac compressor they put the wrong 1 in. I grabbed my telescoping mirror and was looking for codes, markings anything to help id the compressor. I found a sticker on it, a Denso sticker. I wrote down the info and headed in. I had a few minutes so I went to the Denso web site and started to do some investigating. I came across a page that had a ID update. The stickers they are using NOW and since 2015 are a different form, color and shape. The OLD type of stickers, silver black lettering were discontinued in 2015! Anyone want to guess what my sticker matches????? Those Em f ers, have a huge insurance fraud issue they are going to be dealing with!!!! They never changed the compressor!!!! I wonder if I have a case against them also!

Last edited by DiabloX22; 06-30-17 at 05:40 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-30-17, 05:43 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Little bit of a update. Not only did the Lexus "certified" body shop commit insurance fraud, the service dept did too! I had a few minutes to spare at 1 in the morning last night as I was just getting home. The idea of maybe when they changed out the ac compressor they put the wrong 1 in. I grabbed my telescoping mirror and was looking for codes, markings anything to help id the compressor. I found a sticker on it, a Denso sticker. I wrote down the info and headed in. I had a few minutes so I went to the Denso web site and started to do some investigating. I came across a page that had a ID update. The stickers they are using NOW and since 2015 are a different form, color and shape. The OLD type of stickers, silver black lettering were discontinued in 2015! Anyone want to guess what my sticker matches????? Those Em f ers, have a huge insurance fraud issue they are going to be dealing with!!!! They never changed the compressor!!!! I wonder if I have a case against them also!
actually that doesn't mean they didn't change the compressor, it could simply they either used old stock or a remanufactured part..

Last edited by mjeds; 06-30-17 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-30-17, 05:47 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Not in the condition this 1 is in, you can tell. It does not look like a year old with 3000 miles. If you or a anyone know what to look for, its right there. Also, my receipt or repair order says new.
Old 06-30-17, 10:53 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

mjeds before you make comments and embarrass yourself, when they reman parts like ac compressor, they dont just sit on a bench and reassemble then reman them. There is a process that they go through, the sticker would not stay on. I did not take a really good look at it before. When you work on cars for a while, you know exactly what to look for to see if it was worked on. I am sure a lot of guys know exactly what I am saying and can also tell.

SO ACTUALLY yes it does mean it! Simply, you are wrong!
Old 07-03-17, 03:15 AM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

these silver bolts are everywhere!!!!this side had NO damage!"some how " it got cracked so the lights were even not 1 new and the old could have been weather worn. Then the fog lamp too. Maybe they got into a fight
Old 07-03-17, 10:44 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

mjeds before you make comments and embarrass yourself, when they reman parts like ac compressor, they dont just sit on a bench and reassemble then reman them. There is a process that they go through, the sticker would not stay on. I did not take a really good look at it before. When you work on cars for a while, you know exactly what to look for to see if it was worked on. I am sure a lot of guys know exactly what I am saying and can also tell.

SO ACTUALLY yes it does mean it! Simply, you are wrong!
First off, you only addressed part of my statement, I said a reman part or OLD STOCK.

second you don't know me, I have been working on cars for 30 plus years and was an ASE tech for GM and Chrysler for 20 of those.. I know exactly what to look for when parts are changed, but since you did not post any pictures (until after your posting calling me out) of your alleged fraud, I was simply pointing out there are other possibilities to what may or may not have happened. I am not arguing your point, I was trying to help,

The only person embarrassing themselves is you, ranting and raving about fraud but offering up no evidence of such, just your rantings.

If fraud happened the last thing I would be doing is ranting and posting about it on a public forum, OWNED BY LEXUS, because it can (and will be) used against you when push comes to shove..

good luck, I'm done with this thread

Last edited by mjeds; 07-03-17 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-03-17, 11:02 AM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Default It will???

Originally Posted by mjeds
First off, you only addressed part of my statement, I said a reman part or OLD STOCK.

second you don't know me, I have been working on cars for 30 plus years and was an ASE tech for GM and Chrysler for 20 of those.. I know exactly what to look for when parts are changed, but since you did not post any pictures (until after your posting calling me out) of your alleged fraud, I was simply pointing out there are other possibilities to what may or may not have happened. I am not arguing your point, I was trying to help,

The only person embarrassing themselves is you, ranting and raving about fraud but offering up no evidence of such, just your rantings.

If fraud happened the last thing I would be doing is ranting and posting about it on a public forum, OWNED BY LEXUS, because it can (and will be) used against you when push comes to shove..

then I will whisper.....you don't have to take your ball and go home. I just spoke to a lawyer, HEAR THAT UP THERE?!?!?! YOU SUCK! I can't believe the service dept at Woodfield. I think the manager only wants oil changes, tires and brakes. The chop shop too, What is wrong with people? If it was right, both sides would not be going back and forth. Actually, they aren't doing anything except not caring. It's ok, keep digging deeper!
Old 07-22-17, 07:44 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I was in a single car accident where my car hit an object that apparently had fallen off a pickup truck on the road. My insurance went up. The insurance company sent me details of why the premium went up. It said if I hit a stationary objective then there could be a rate increase. But if I hit an animal running across the road, then no hike in premiums. So I tried to tell the insurance company that the object I had hit appeared to be a rack on pickup trucks for construction workers to carry ladders, lumber, and etc. The whole rack fell off the pickup truck ahead and was sliding across the road. But the insurance company did not want to hear about it except to say I could have moved out of the way OR I COULD HAVE stopped in time to avoid it.

So the lesson learned is it's better to say you hit some fast MOVING animal (NOT A DEAD ANIMAL) AND IT HAPPENED SO FAST you DIDN'T KNOW WHERE THE ANIMAL RAN (INTO THE WOODS!!!)

can't speak for IL, but in CA I have never had my insurance go up for any not at fault claim.. I have not had an at fault claim since the 1990s, my claims have been for vandalism, (car was keyed on all sides), hit and run in a parking lot, hit and run on a highway, and vehicle theft and recovery.

in all those claims since 1999, my rates have never been affected, the vandalism cost the insurance company over $18,000 because it was a show car with custom paint and I was covered for it, so they had to strip the custom paint off and repaint the entire car, but no rate hike.
Old 07-22-17, 07:56 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

QUESTION:

In the state of California:. Can a Lexus dealership fix a Lexus vehicle and use (OLD, REMANUFACTURED, OR THIRD PARTY AFTER MARKET) parts AND NOT TELL THE CUSTOMER?

Old 07-22-17, 10:46 AM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Not if it was not on the repair order or verbally discussed with you. This can be a little tricky also, I used to own a shop, all the fine writing, on the paperwork, start reading it! But in most cases no, especially if they charged you new retail.

Lil update on my end. Too, finally found the issue to the noise, well we hope! lol! I dropped it off at a indy shop I heard had good reviews and of course after 3 days, could not replicate the issue! We did warranty the compressor just incase! forgot earlier! I get there, The manager grabs his tech, younger guy, maybe 30. I got it to do it just a bit! A faint bit. The belt tensioner! So thanks Lexus for not knowing your head from your *** and giving me a free ac compressor! now I will get the belt tensioner done, and guess what has to come off to do that job? 1 timing belt kit please! So what If it is early! IDK if the seals and rollers where done last time!

Last edited by DiabloX22; 07-22-17 at 12:19 PM. Reason: add
Old 07-22-17, 10:47 AM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusrus
question:

In the state of california:. Can a lexus dealership fix a lexus vehicle and use (old, remanufactured, or third party after market) parts and not tell the customer?
not tell nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 07-22-17, 10:53 AM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

oh and the body shop, I found a new friend! a nice guy that comes from a good Jewish family! Oh, yeah, he is a consumer fraud lawyer! Im not going to get rich, but it will be made right. A company cannot alter,change, or redefine, the warranty after job completion.
Old 07-22-17, 12:23 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusrus
QUESTION:

In the state of California:. Can a Lexus dealership fix a Lexus vehicle and use (OLD, REMANUFACTURED, OR THIRD PARTY AFTER MARKET) parts AND NOT TELL THE CUSTOMER?
What part is it? how do you know its not new whats the receipt say/price?