GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Issue with Lexus Corporate!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-17, 01:18 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Issue with Lexus Corporate!?

I had some work done on my GX at the dealer & what they call a Lexus "Certified" Collision Center. To keep it short, I had AC work done at the dealer/service dept. My concern was when I turned it on, it sounded like a can was being bounced around under the hood. The tech who was going to work on it came to listen to it (the 2 other times they couldnt hear it!) He heard it, I suggessted it might be the compressor. He laughed and said, no, when a compressor goes, it goes. (ummmmm ok???)
The service writer called me, the tech wrote on the repair order
Change Compressor?
Even wrore a "?" the writer tells me.
I go to use it, guess what, same thing!

Since the weather got nicer, I took off the engine covers and plates underneath. OMG!!! They did a chop shop job! too much to list but hear is a few, did not put my original black bolts in areas, the slide for the oil filter drain isnt on it, the paint is flaking off, much much more.

I put negative reviews on the net, the next day I have the Police!!!! YEP the cops calling messaging I sent threatening emails!!! I told the cop to get copies and then decide if it was even worth the cops time! I hung up.

SO I get a email saying the dealer doesn't want my business anymore, and they also own the body shop!

I called 800-lexus and they told me since its under warranty I can bring it to another Lexus dealer. I made a appointment, talked to and explained what was going on, he said ok, who is paying for the inspection? I said Lexus, its under warranty. The next morning I get a call saying I have to pay $400 for the inspection!!!!! I called 800 lexus back, and said, I already paid for a inspection, also the repairs, I am not paying a dime! If the tech wrote "replace compressor?" did he diagnose it or just replace parts??? It SHOULD be fixxed and working!

I am now currently speaking to the "elevated" dept of Lexus, I said I want a area rep. to come and look what their "certified" body shop did! I told her that I am bringing the dealer and the body shop to the BBB, and go infront of a arbitrator. Any arbitrator can see what a crappy job they did and there is no way I can lose.Especially since the body shop work has a lifetime warranty. I said I will be asking for a refund PLUS I am getting estimates to fix their mistakes and adding that on.

Anyone who has any questions, comments or tips, I would appreciate it!

That was a short explanation of everything, there is a ton more! I am waiting for 2nd level Lexus to call me back, I gave them till Wed.
Old 06-26-17, 05:45 PM
RushNatU
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Post some pics
Old 06-26-17, 07:00 PM
dkpnkc
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 on pictures.
Old 06-26-17, 08:01 PM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 728 Likes on 596 Posts

When the area rep comes to visit - be sure you're polite and reasonable. Present the facts. Any opinion should be along the lines of "I bought a Lexus because of the superior reliability and dealer reputation, and I'm sorry, but this isn't representative of that. Can you help me in some fashion get this resolved?"

Chip H.
The following 3 users liked this post by chiph9:
DiabloX22 (06-28-17), Hubs (06-29-17), IanB2 (06-27-17)
Old 06-26-17, 09:20 PM
EddieK05
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

There's a lot missing from this story. It would take a lot for a dealership to call the police on a customer. Also, it would take even more to send a message to a customer to never visit their establishment again. Whatever hapened, the dealership isn't happy and you're not happy. Unless you want to lawyer up, there's very little Lexus corp will do since they work with management at the dealership to resolve issues and that seems like a non-starter for them at this point. Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.
The following users liked this post:
DiabloX22 (06-28-17)
Old 06-28-17, 03:20 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

I will get some pics soon. I am waiting for a call today as a matter of fact. The reason Lexus is involved is because the a/c is not working, also the body shop is a Lexus certified body shop, they have to be trained and follow their procedures.
Not really a whole lot missing, all I did was email the service writer and asked for the area rep, the GM, and corporate. I have not had 1 good experience with them from day 1. So between the work on the e brake, that still isnt working, the AC not blowing cold, making noise, and the body work that is supposed to be lifetime guaranteed, , they probably know they did a horrible job and dont want to pay for it to be done right.

The odd thing is when I spoke to the second level rep, as soon as I said I am going to the BBB and any arbitrator is going to side with me just by looking at it, I am going to get estimates from places to return it to its original state, and go through the bill and split up what I think should be refunded, have the paint corrected and the AC fixed correctly. The Rep got very anxious and asked if I could wait until today she is taking over the complaint herself.

Another thing, I called my insurance company and asked for all the repair orders and bills, they do not match the 1 I was given when I picked it up. What is really Effed up, I looked at the AC compressor, that is not even a year old with less than 3000 miles on it, has a lot of areas that looks like it wasnt replaced. I may be wrong, or may be right. I am starting to bring it to shops and see what they say. Mechanics are like private investigators, they will know by looking at it. The bill not matching is really odd also, I havent had time to go through and compare line by line yet.
Old 06-28-17, 07:48 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Big surprise! I had my insurance company send me the invoices they got from the body shop, insurance fraud!!!!
Old 06-28-17, 07:59 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

why was it at the body shop to begin with?
Old 06-28-17, 08:03 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

A little cooper was flying around in traffic, cut me off and I tried to go on the shoulder but my left side clipped him. Cop said he could tell by where my damage was. No ticket
Old 06-28-17, 08:35 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by DiabloX22
A little cooper was flying around in traffic, cut me off and I tried to go on the shoulder but my left side clipped him. Cop said he could tell by where my damage was. No ticket
ok, so that is insurance related, and if the compressor was damaged as a result that is also insurance related.. the issue is determining if it is or is not related, but if the noise wasn't there prior, then the presumption is that is would be related to the accident. so not sure why you think fraud.

secondly, not sure about where you are, but I know here in CA, if the work is not performed to your satisfaction, and the vehicle is not returned to it's pre accident state you are entitled to have it redone until it is correct. I went through this with State Farm a few years back, I used a dealer body shop that did not perform the repairs to my satisfaction, I complained to my insurance and took the car to an independent shop that corrected the mess, and my insurance took care of who got paid what for what work.
The following users liked this post:
DiabloX22 (06-28-17)
Old 06-28-17, 09:04 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

The condenser was punctured, I tried the ac and it sounded like a can rattling around the engine. The insurance covered it but now its nor working. They did 2000 worth of work to the ac. I will call my insurance company tomorrow, thank you! The fraud is because on the bill they sent to my insurance company had work and parts that were never replaced! Im in Chicago. Did your insurance go up after the 2nd claim?
Old 06-28-17, 09:08 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

how can i look that up for illinois?
Old 06-28-17, 09:33 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Found it!!! They are screwed!!!!!!
Old 06-28-17, 09:48 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

mjeds, thank you! I was really thinking I was screwed! I found the right to repair act for IL I totally forgot about it I used to refer to it when I had my shop. Its up to them now, there is a couple angles I can take.
Old 06-29-17, 07:09 AM
IanB2
Pole Position

Received 520 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by DiabloX22
The condenser was punctured, I tried the ac and it sounded like a can rattling around the engine. The insurance covered it but now its nor working. They did 2000 worth of work to the ac. I will call my insurance company tomorrow, thank you! The fraud is because on the bill they sent to my insurance company had work and parts that were never replaced! Im in Chicago. Did your insurance go up after the 2nd claim?
The 2nd repair is still considered the same insurance claim, it won't show up as a separate incident on any records, and won't affect any rate increases.

So you've got proof that the shop billed insurance for work/parts they didn't do/replace? If yes, they're toast, and you should get looked after one way or another. I wouldn't let my car back into that shop to have the work completed, trust is gone.

Why did the shop call the cops on you in the first place? How did that play out?

Quick Reply: Issue with Lexus Corporate!?