GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

First GS f owner?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-16, 08:29 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Default First GS f owner?

So... Has anyone even pulled the trigger on the GS F yet? Or is everyone waiting for huge discounts from Toyota? Checked with my local dealers and each has around 4 in stock
Old 01-30-16, 10:46 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by ssmoked
So... Has anyone even pulled the trigger on the GS F yet? Or is everyone waiting for huge discounts from Toyota? Checked with my local dealers and each has around 4 in stock
There are not exactly flying off the shelfs..

Unfortunately I think Lexus missed the mark with a one set price of approx $87K

Smh

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-30-16 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-31-16, 07:26 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

I originally wanted one but the price to horsepower is killing me. I'm debating whether to wait for the turbo that are planning or to get something else.
Old 01-31-16, 08:37 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

As expected, priced too high and not enough performance to standout from the pack. Soon toyota will offer a 15% discount minimum and lease assistance just like the RCf
Old 01-31-16, 09:18 AM
IS-Fuji
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holding out myself ..

Agreed showing over 200 online as far as cars.com .... They typically want mortgage prices to lease which is not going to attract buyers at all.. I think leases will be well under $1k a month soon. My gs 350 f sport lease ending soon and would love an F but as many have mentioned they way overbid and packaged it. Hoping for deals soon !!
Old 01-31-16, 07:40 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default can't see them selling at 87k either

I want to get a GS-F and i am a huge fan of the lexus brand but i still can't wrap my head around how lexus planned to enter the luxury performance sedan segment with and under powered and way overpriced car

I test drove the GS-F and it sounds beautiful, handles great and has a good amount of power and i absolutely will get one (when they pull there head out of there *** and lower the price). when i drove it i loved everything about it except the price! I truly felt this car should be at least 10k less. if lexus made the car loaded for 75k sticker it would do well, given all the segment competition.

with the RC-F they had to offer buyers 10k (if not more) off sticker to sell them because truly that is there correct pricing and the GS-F is 10k more than a almost fully loaded RC-F

the buyers of the this type of vehicle luxury performance sedan have money and generally buy/lease an M5, E63 etc. Why would those buyers come to lexus? the car is underpowered, in some cases out featured, and the reliability isn't an issue as people spending 90-110k lease and don't keep the car long enough to deal with any problems. you have lexus fans who will buy the car but majority of the people who buy these type of cars are already loyal to the german brands and truly they have no incentive to come to lexus.

I have been in contact with a few dealers here in so cal and they are already offering the car at invoice or about 5k off msrp without even trying and we are what a month and half into the car being available. i definitely see the price coming down more in the near near future as dealerships are not selling any of them and rightfully so at 87k.

I want a GS-F, but without it being at least 10k less it will not happen and the more i research other competitive models i feel it should be more like 15k less

hope they start offering some good incentives!
Old 02-01-16, 04:59 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Rrgirgis
I want to get a GS-F and i am a huge fan of the lexus brand but i still can't wrap my head around how lexus planned to enter the luxury performance sedan segment with and under powered and way overpriced car

I test drove the GS-F and it sounds beautiful, handles great and has a good amount of power and i absolutely will get one (when they pull there head out of there *** and lower the price). when i drove it i loved everything about it except the price! I truly felt this car should be at least 10k less. if lexus made the car loaded for 75k sticker it would do well, given all the segment competition.

with the RC-F they had to offer buyers 10k (if not more) off sticker to sell them because truly that is there correct pricing and the GS-F is 10k more than a almost fully loaded RC-F

the buyers of the this type of vehicle luxury performance sedan have money and generally buy/lease an M5, E63 etc. Why would those buyers come to lexus? the car is underpowered, in some cases out featured, and the reliability isn't an issue as people spending 90-110k lease and don't keep the car long enough to deal with any problems. you have lexus fans who will buy the car but majority of the people who buy these type of cars are already loyal to the german brands and truly they have no incentive to come to lexus.

I have been in contact with a few dealers here in so cal and they are already offering the car at invoice or about 5k off msrp without even trying and we are what a month and half into the car being available. i definitely see the price coming down more in the near near future as dealerships are not selling any of them and rightfully so at 87k.

I want a GS-F, but without it being at least 10k less it will not happen and the more i research other competitive models i feel it should be more like 15k less

hope they start offering some good incentives!
Exactly how I felt when I test drove it.
Old 02-01-16, 07:33 AM
Alpha8A
Driver

Just talked to a sales guy at the local dealership here in Michigan. He said I could take a look at the car but that they don't allow any test drives of the GsF until a purchase price has been agreed upon. He even said they are asking 5k over sticker for their car........there are a ton for sale in the country. I predict that this car will be discounted even more heavily than the RCF in a few months or by end of the year.
Old 02-01-16, 08:44 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Alpha8A
Just talked to a sales guy at the local dealership here in Michigan. He said I could take a look at the car but that they don't allow any test drives of the GsF until a purchase price has been agreed upon. He even said they are asking 5k over sticker for their car........there are a ton for sale in the country. I predict that this car will be discounted even more heavily than the RCF in a few months or by end of the year.
5k over? They only have 1 in stock? Florida dealers are offering 5k off with no haggle. Did you go to the dealer with a Civic or something not getting a test drive offer?

If the rcf has trouble selling at 72k with light options, and they need to discount 11k or more to move vehicles (still 12-15 2015s in florida dealer lots), the GSf needs to be in the mid to high 60s to sell.
Old 02-01-16, 09:50 AM
Alpha8A
Driver

I just talked to a sales guy on the phone. Haven't actually gone in yet. According to the conversation, it seems like it doesn't matter what car you arrive in. No test drives. There is only one for sale in this state but there are 15 for sale in a 250 mile radius.

I also agree that GSF needs to be in mid 60s to low 70s before they start moving.
Old 02-01-16, 10:03 AM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was first on the list to get one locally but for the Money the M5 is easy to mod and has a ton more potential turbo back exhaust and a tune will gain close to 100hp.. I wanted the GSF but the price to performance is just way off, I get it Lexus was focused on more that just performance numbers but they just fell way too short on performance.
Old 02-01-16, 11:13 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

I just talked to a sales guy on the phone. Haven't actually gone in yet. According to the conversation, it seems like it doesn't matter what car you arrive in. No test drives. There is only one for sale in this state but there are 15 for sale in a 250 mile radius.

I also agree that GSF needs to be in mid 60s to low 70s before they start moving.
from my experience, phone quotes rarely equate to anything unless you are willing to provide a credit card for down payment. The dealer tend not to disclose any financial information which you can in turn use it as leverage. I bet you can easily obtain a test drive in person.
Old 02-01-16, 12:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

5k over? you can laugh in his face
Old 02-01-16, 09:41 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

no reason to buy this and nothing special that makes it stand out.
Lexus got it wrong big time with this. No twin turbo, bland styling, underpowered, and what other
vehicle is this competing with? Oh, and price way too high.
Old 02-02-16, 05:01 AM
JayRo354
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
5k over? They only have 1 in stock? Florida dealers are offering 5k off with no haggle. Did you go to the dealer with a Civic or something not getting a test drive offer?

If the rcf has trouble selling at 72k with light options, and they need to discount 11k or more to move vehicles (still 12-15 2015s in florida dealer lots), the GSf needs to be in the mid to high 60s to sell.
I call low 70s for the GSF with a little chit chat and a handshake in a few months. RCF should be low 60s. Some dealers will be kissing your feet in a few months to move those RCFs (2015 types).

Quick Reply: First GS f owner?