GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F Sport Audio

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-12, 03:11 AM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatwood
Yeah, I'll post pics tomorrow I should be getting more of it situated. Only waiting on the sub to arrive now. The main power cable I ran through a grommet right behind the car battery. It has a pretty mean sized grommet and isnt flexible enough for a 0 gauge wire to fit. So i just scrunched it down a little and ran it in between the firewall and the grommet, to make the seal I used some silicon RTV. It is an extremely tight fit. I recommend pushing as much of the cable through the hole until you can see/ feel it on the other side. Hopefully you have small hands or know someone that does, it would help. I still got it done with these ape fingers though lol. There is plenty room to run it along the passenger side all the way to the back. The panels can be pryed off with your hands, i recommend prying the panels from the side closer to the inside of the car. just feed it back next to the stock wiring and it falls into the trunk! I'll have pictures up tomorrow. Sorry about the late reply!
Running the wire was a little tough. Especially reaching up to pull the wire through the grommet. I only did 4 Ga. Man 0 gauge is stiff and hard to work with. This is why i will not have an amp above a certain rating.......I just don't want to run 0/2 gauge wiring.
Old 11-13-12, 12:28 AM
Greatwood
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a pic of where I stuck it in the firewall. I will post pics of everything when I get it done. My sub should be in this week/ weekend. Thanks for being patient guys. (I can peel the RTV off if I remove the system and put the grommet back into place if I want to return it to stock)
Attached Thumbnails F Sport Audio-2012-10-27_17-52-21_904.jpg  
Old 11-13-12, 12:36 AM
Greatwood
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mixman
Running the wire was a little tough. Especially reaching up to pull the wire through the grommet. I only did 4 Ga. Man 0 gauge is stiff and hard to work with. This is why i will not have an amp above a certain rating.......I just don't want to run 0/2 gauge wiring.
Yeah 4 gauge I don't see being too terrible. But yeah that 1/0 gauge flex cable still isnt very flexible. Oh well, I wanted to have the maximum current flow possible and It definitely is going to work out for me. I am very excited to get this taken care of.
Old 11-13-12, 07:35 AM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

This is a pic of where I stuck it in the firewall. I will post pics of everything when I get it done. My sub should be in this week/ weekend. Thanks for being patient guys. (I can peel the RTV off if I remove the system and put the grommet back into place if I want to return it to stock)
Extremely helpful! Thank you for taking the time to reply and add pictures. 4 gauge will likely be perfect for my needs.

Thank you!
Old 11-13-12, 11:12 AM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah 4 gauge I don't see being too terrible. But yeah that 1/0 gauge flex cable still isnt very flexible. Oh well, I wanted to have the maximum current flow possible and It definitely is going to work out for me. I am very excited to get this taken care of.

Yeah, the days of me doing 1500 watts of old A/B power just to the sub......Hopefully are over. I did just order an ARC Audio power amp for my sub. I just needed something a little more powerful than my JL 500/1, and hopefully a little more efficient, also an amp with a remote gain so I can turn it up or down according to the type of music I am listening to. The 4 gauge thing is more me limiting the power I can put on my sub. That's my line in the sand I am trying not to cross.
Old 11-14-12, 02:52 AM
Greatwood
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, the days of me doing 1500 watts of old A/B power just to the sub......Hopefully are over. I did just order an ARC Audio power amp for my sub. I just needed something a little more powerful than my JL 500/1, and hopefully a little more efficient, also an amp with a remote gain so I can turn it up or down according to the type of music I am listening to. The 4 gauge thing is more me limiting the power I can put on my sub. That's my line in the sand I am trying not to cross.
Right on! Yeah, I'm young and still looking for a surplus of power from my sound system. Until I feel I have grown out of that phase at least. Still trying to keep it stock looking except for the trunk of course. Thanks for the reply posts guys!
Old 11-23-12, 04:30 PM
GSGUAM
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

PM sent. The size of the front door speakers is 7 inches. Maybe 6 3/4 inch speakers will fit, or you might need an adapter to get them to fit? I have not opened the doors yet to see. I don't really feel like adding a component set to this car. The high end and the deep lows are really all I wanted to correct. I added the 4" Focals for the high end and a 12 inch JBL GTI sub for the low end.
Thanks for the Email Mixman...Now I need the info for the GS F-SPORT with ML and NAV...do you know if our front speaker system is 3-way(High/mids/low)...getting ready to tap into the stock wiring using audio control LQ1...