GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F Sport Audio

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-12, 10:38 AM
Greatwood
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bentleymp2
I don't have the answer to your question, but I do have a few questions...
Are you going to use an RCA adapter to get the signal and stuff?
So just run the power cable to the trunk and tap into the rear speakers for everything else?
I think I've just made sense.
My friend did something like this for me in my Acura.
I have the ML but it def needs more bass. I am curious to know what sort if setup you are considering.
Hey,

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...VX-XPLOC2.html

This is what I will be installing, I am going to disconnect the line out from the stock sub that way I can use all of my speakers. Basically what you were explaining. I will run the power back to a secpmd installed optima battery. I am getting a custom tuned box for my future purchase re audio 15" XXX series woofer. Powered by the RE audio xtx 5000. Upgraded big 3. And upgraded alternator running 1/0 gauge all the way around with some circuit breakers instead of fuses. I cant stand fuses lol. But yeah with this installation doesnt require behind the dash work so that is what Im going for. The only obstacle i can see is running the main power through the firewall and hiding it all the way to the back. Let me know what you guys end up doing! Ill post pics of my final result. May be a montth or two due to priorities! Thanks!
Old 10-09-12, 12:36 PM
Greatwood
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 95bat
That is about $200 in parts if you buy yourself, just FYI.

In the car audio world, Kicker subs can get loud, but they're not known for their sound quality.
I agree. I would go for a quality sub. JL, FI, and RE are may favorite but of course its extra. Well worth it in my opinion. I am an audiophile to say it lightly.
Old 11-02-12, 04:58 PM
Greatwood
Driver School Candidate

Default Just an update. ML sound

So far I have done some of the main wiring on this beast. It was a little intimidating at first because I care a lot about my car. After looking at everything, having the ML sound option it makes it really easy to upgrade because of the amp being in the trunk. Making it even easier if I feel like upgrading the speakers and amp in the future because all of the wiring is already routed. I have changed my mind after further reviewing products and I bought a Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D v.3. And I have my FI Audio SP4 15" with the cooling and extra spider on order. Ran all of my 1/0 wiring for the Big 3 upgrade. I need to do the NVX adapter, also all my amp wiring. I'll be building a box for my sub which will be arriving roughly in the 2 weeks to 1 month range. If anyone's interested I will take some pictures and post them.
Old 11-03-12, 09:13 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I thought my sub was a monster. I just got a JBL W12GTi sub. I am using it JL 500/1 amp. I was thinking about the 15GTi but that would take away more trunk space. If I see some other used twelves come along like an Arc Audio 12 inch Flatline, Image Dynamics12 IDQ or maybe even a 15GTi, I might give them a try. Right now I am happy with the 12GTi.

I have Focal 4 inch coax's coming in for the front stage. We'll see how they will sound. Right now I have 4 inch Infinity References in the dash. They are an improvement, but they are not quite there. Hopefully the Focals will do it.
Old 11-04-12, 05:48 PM
GSGUAM
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi, does anyone know which wire to tap into for both the FRONT and SUBS on the F-SPORT ML on the AMP SIDE?
Old 11-06-12, 06:04 PM
Greatwood
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mixman
Man I thought my sub was a monster. I just got a JBL W12GTi sub. I am using it JL 500/1 amp. I was thinking about the 15GTi but that would take away more trunk space. If I see some other used twelves come along like an Arc Audio 12 inch Flatline, Image Dynamics12 IDQ or maybe even a 15GTi, I might give them a try. Right now I am happy with the 12GTi.

I have Focal 4 inch coax's coming in for the front stage. We'll see how they will sound. Right now I have 4 inch Infinity References in the dash. They are an improvement, but they are not quite there. Hopefully the Focals will do it.
I really am going for a bit of overkill on this one, but that is because I am a bass fanatic. The box I am building is 4 cubic feet. Tuned to 32 Hz . Its going to be flush against the back seat, and meeting up with the rear side of the wheel wells. So the longest part of my trunk will still be usable. I haven't made a box before, and I live in a small town where no one makes boxes... So this will be interesting. I will post about it when I am finished!
Old 11-06-12, 06:06 PM
Greatwood
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSGUAM
Hi, does anyone know which wire to tap into for both the FRONT and SUBS on the F-SPORT ML on the AMP SIDE?
I recently emailed a few reps at Mark Levinson about a wiring diagram. I'll post it if they ever get back to me. If they dont I was just going to tap into the sub area and match up the colors of the leads to it to the amp's side.
Old 11-06-12, 06:42 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Greatwood
Hey,

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...VX-XPLOC2.html

This is what I will be installing, I am going to disconnect the line out from the stock sub that way I can use all of my speakers. Basically what you were explaining. I will run the power back to a secpmd installed optima battery. I am getting a custom tuned box for my future purchase re audio 15" XXX series woofer. Powered by the RE audio xtx 5000. Upgraded big 3. And upgraded alternator running 1/0 gauge all the way around with some circuit breakers instead of fuses. I cant stand fuses lol. But yeah with this installation doesnt require behind the dash work so that is what Im going for. The only obstacle i can see is running the main power through the firewall and hiding it all the way to the back. Let me know what you guys end up doing! Ill post pics of my final result. May be a montth or two due to priorities! Thanks!
I am not sure why I did not see this reply earlier... Thank you!
I really appreciate it. Keep us posted with pictures and anything else for that matter!
Old 11-06-12, 06:57 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Greatwood
So far I have done some of the main wiring on this beast. It was a little intimidating at first because I care a lot about my car. After looking at everything, having the ML sound option it makes it really easy to upgrade because of the amp being in the trunk. Making it even easier if I feel like upgrading the speakers and amp in the future because all of the wiring is already routed. I have changed my mind after further reviewing products and I bought a Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D v.3. And I have my FI Audio SP4 15" with the cooling and extra spider on order. Ran all of my 1/0 wiring for the Big 3 upgrade. I need to do the NVX adapter, also all my amp wiring. I'll be building a box for my sub which will be arriving roughly in the 2 weeks to 1 month range. If anyone's interested I will take some pictures and post them.
Any details on where and how you ran the main power cable from front to back? Pictures?
Old 11-07-12, 12:44 AM
Mixman
Pole Position

Not sure if iI mentioned this earlier, but you can get all of the wiring docs from here. For a subscription of $15 for 48hrs you can download more diagrams, than just audio.

Oh....I tried Focal IC 100 4" Speakers and they do fit in the dash So far they sound great. I do have to do some more tuning to get them to sound their best.
Old 11-07-12, 01:56 PM
GSGUAM
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure if iI mentioned this earlier, but you can get all of the wiring docs from here. For a subscription of $15 for 48hrs you can download more diagrams, than just audio.

Oh....I tried Focal IC 100 4" Speakers and they do fit in the dash So far they sound great. I do have to do some more tuning to get them to sound their best.
Could not find it in TIS...do you have a copy that you could scan and PM it over?
Also in the front doors...will a 6" boston Z fit easily or should I stick with a 5"

Thanks!
Old 11-07-12, 07:23 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSGUAM
Could not find it in TIS...do you have a copy that you could scan and PM it over?
Also in the front doors...will a 6" boston Z fit easily or should I stick with a 5"

Thanks!
PM sent. The size of the front door speakers is 7 inches. Maybe 6 3/4 inch speakers will fit, or you might need an adapter to get them to fit? I have not opened the doors yet to see. I don't really feel like adding a component set to this car. The high end and the deep lows are really all I wanted to correct. I added the 4" Focals for the high end and a 12 inch JBL GTI sub for the low end.
Old 11-09-12, 08:59 AM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

I don't have an F Sport. Mine comes with the non-ML luxury package and I too feel the bass could be better. Anyone here has used Eclipse Amp/Subs before? Any thoughts on this? I used them before long time ago and I thought they made some good products.
Old 11-09-12, 05:33 PM
Greatwood
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bentleymp2
Any details on where and how you ran the main power cable from front to back? Pictures?
Yeah, I'll post pics tomorrow I should be getting more of it situated. Only waiting on the sub to arrive now. The main power cable I ran through a grommet right behind the car battery. It has a pretty mean sized grommet and isnt flexible enough for a 0 gauge wire to fit. So i just scrunched it down a little and ran it in between the firewall and the grommet, to make the seal I used some silicon RTV. It is an extremely tight fit. I recommend pushing as much of the cable through the hole until you can see/ feel it on the other side. Hopefully you have small hands or know someone that does, it would help. I still got it done with these ape fingers though lol. There is plenty room to run it along the passenger side all the way to the back. The panels can be pryed off with your hands, i recommend prying the panels from the side closer to the inside of the car. just feed it back next to the stock wiring and it falls into the trunk! I'll have pictures up tomorrow. Sorry about the late reply!
Old 11-09-12, 05:35 PM
Greatwood
Driver School Candidate

Thank you! They have not yet replied, I doubt they will but I will definitely have to check this out.

Quick Reply: F Sport Audio