GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Hazards flash 5 times when locking/unlocking door

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-18, 11:58 AM
scrmnws6
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Hazards flash 5 times when locking/unlocking door

2011 Lexus GS350

When I lock the door by pushing the rubber button on driver door handle, the hazards flash about times. I've also noticed that the rear driver door does not always lock or unlock, even when I try to pull on the handle of the rear door. Also, when exiting the driver door, I would hit the unlock button but rear door does not always unlock, or lock if I'm locking it in the same manner. When pressing the lock/unlock buttons in this manner, lock, unlock, lock, unlock, etc., it will unlock either on the 2nd or 3rd cycle.

Is there a simple check to this?

Just an FYI, before this started, I saw that the positive terminal on the battery had a lot of corrosion and the top of the battery was cracked, so I replaced the battery. The car was having a difficult time starting which prompted me to look at the battery first.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-13-18, 10:14 AM
scrmnws6
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I'll try to upload a video.

I've noticed when I approach the car and place my hand around the door handle of the driver side passenger, it will open from time to time but not on every occasion. Same thing when using the remote. I would have to hit the lock/unlock button on driver side door 2 cycles or so to unlock the rear. Annoying when I'm trying to throw my stuff in the rear seat instead of trunk.
Old 11-13-18, 05:40 PM
omgs3fiddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your drivers rear lock is failing/already failed. I just went through the same problem. Same door. If you're handy you can buy the motor on eBay and replace it for all of ~10 bucks.
Old 11-13-18, 09:24 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Since were on this subject, Is there a way to unlock the passenger doors with touching the driver handle or do we have to reach in and hit unlock on the door panel? Also, is there a difference depending on whether I hit the lock/unlock button on the handle while walking away? I feel as though if I hit the lock button directly on the handle and walk away, I cant just touch the handle to get back in, I have to manually unlock with the fob or hit the handle button to get back in. First world problems but still, hoping for a solution.
Old 11-14-18, 05:58 PM
Broncosi
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Since were on this subject, Is there a way to unlock the passenger doors with touching the driver handle or do we have to reach in and hit unlock on the door panel? Also, is there a difference depending on whether I hit the lock/unlock button on the handle while walking away? I feel as though if I hit the lock button directly on the handle and walk away, I cant just touch the handle to get back in, I have to manually unlock with the fob or hit the handle button to get back in. First world problems but still, hoping for a solution.
Not sure I follow on all of the questions but I'll give it a shot on my experience. If I touch the driver door handle, it unlocks all of the doors. If I click the unlock on the fob once, it unlocks the driver door and twice unlocks all of the doors. Hitting the rubber lock button on any of the four handles will lock all of the doors. I'm not sure I understand about pressing it and walking away. If you press it and the doors lock, you can put your hand back onto any of the four doors in about 2-5 seconds after locking it and it will unlock all four doors. If that doesn't answer it, could you try to explain a little more?
Old 11-14-18, 10:50 PM
tghw
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Broncosi
Not sure I follow on all of the questions but I'll give it a shot on my experience. If I touch the driver door handle, it unlocks all of the doors. If I click the unlock on the fob once, it unlocks the driver door and twice unlocks all of the doors. Hitting the rubber lock button on any of the four handles will lock all of the doors. I'm not sure I understand about pressing it and walking away. If you press it and the doors lock, you can put your hand back onto any of the four doors in about 2-5 seconds after locking it and it will unlock all four doors. If that doesn't answer it, could you try to explain a little more?
That's exactly how my 09 GS 350 locks function also.
Old 12-12-18, 03:42 AM
Sro
Driver School Candidate

Default 15 rx350 door lock actuator fail

Originally Posted by omgs3fiddy
Your drivers rear lock is failing/already failed. I just went through the same problem. Same door. If you're handy you can buy the motor on eBay and replace it for all of ~10 bucks.
hello, im new to this site. We bought a 2015 rx350 last yr with 4500 miles on it! Little over 1 yr later and door locks are already failing. Just out of warranty, of course...is there a link anywhere on this site for buying part, and also tutorials on replacing them? Cant handle paying dealer $650. Tia
Old 12-12-18, 07:55 AM
OhGreat
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris9884

If you're able to get in via Techstream. There are some changes to the door locking/unlocking procedures that you can adjust to your liking.
Old 01-05-20, 11:13 PM
Z40761
Driver School Candidate

Default ***help***

My 2011 Lexus IS250 is having the same issue. All three passenger doors will not lock or unlock using the fob or interior button. Was anyone able to resolve this issue?