GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Aux input solution

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-17, 09:42 AM
paulnaude0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Aux audio input solution for less than $5

As mentioned on this site http://madsock.co.za/hack-your-lexus...x-audio-input/ I really searched far and wide for a simple and cheap solution to add an Aux audio input to my 2007 GS300 to play music directly from my phone on the remarkable Mark Levinson sounds system, and eventually I did!

Although it didn't cost me only $5 (since I had to purchase the relevant circuit diagrams for $19.95), I am sharing this solution with anyone who wish to do the same.

The solution is quite simple, really, looking back, but getting to this point wasn't. First of all, I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a commercial solution that I could make mymelf and secondly I wasn't prepared to sacrifice anything on the standard audio unit.

The solution is detailed here: http://madsock.co.za/hack-your-lexus...x-audio-input/ but in essence allows you to play music on your phone using the head unit's Tape mode so you don't interfere with any of the other audio mode systems. As a bonus, this method doesn't replace the ability to play tapes either (not that I suppose you want to do that anymore in any case). For some reason, and to our advantage, if you play music on the phone while connected to the cable, the sound signal from the phone simply overrides that of the tape deck and you have clear quality sound over the car's system, just as if you had a CD playing!

The benefit? No more burning CD's!

Now I can play any of my on- our offline playlists and shuffle any way I want to ;-)

BTW: The circuit diagrams I bought, turned out to be for the RX350 but worked for the GS system too, so this solution actually works for the RX as well.
Old 12-31-17, 10:06 AM
paulnaude0
Driver School Candidate

Talking Aux input solution

I am not sure for which generation RX this is a solution, since it seems one or more RX model shares the same audio system behind the different facias with the GS.

In searching for a solution I ended up buying the radio circuit diagrams which then actually happened to be for the RX and not the GS but fortunately it worked for the GS too.
So just in case you have the same need, I hope you find this handy:

As mentioned on this site http://madsock.co.za/hack-your-lexus...x-audio-input/ I really searched far and wide for a simple and cheap solution to add an Aux audio input to my 2007 GS300 to play music directly from my phone on the remarkable Mark Levinson sounds system, and eventually I did!

Although it didn't cost me only $5 (since I had to purchase the relevant circuit diagrams for $19.95), I am sharing this solution with anyone who wish to do the same.

The solution is quite simple, really, looking back, but getting to this point wasn't. First of all, I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a commercial solution that I could make mymelf and secondly I wasn't prepared to sacrifice anything on the standard audio unit.

The solution is detailed here: http://madsock.co.za/hack-your-lexus...x-audio-input/ but in essence allows you to play music on your phone using the head unit's Tape mode so you don't interfere with any of the other audio mode systems. As a bonus, this method doesn't replace the ability to play tapes either (not that I suppose you want to do that anymore in any case). For some reason, and to our advantage, if you play music on the phone while connected to the cable, the sound signal from the phone simply overrides that of the tape deck and you have clear quality sound over the car's system, just as if you had a CD playing!

Now I can play any of my on- our offline playlists and shuffle any way I want to ;-)
Old 12-31-17, 10:10 AM
paulnaude0
Driver School Candidate

Talking Aux audio input solution for less than $5

I am not sure for which generation RX this is a solution, since it seems one or more RX model shares the same audio system behind the different facias with the GS.

In searching for a solution I ended up buying the radio circuit diagrams which then actually happened to be for the RX and not the GS but fortunately it worked for the GS too.
So just in case you have the same need, I hope you find this handy:

Old 12-31-17, 10:50 AM
5W40
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Go a bit further with BT wireless audio streaming

Add Bluetooth to 2006 RX 400H Audio System
Old 01-02-18, 06:03 PM
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you for sharing sir!