GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Which Vaistech Model?

Old 03-07-14, 03:39 PM
StepStone
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Vaistech Model?

Hi All,

Looking to install one of the vaistech units. I just noticed they rolled out the new unit with bluetooth audio streaming (http://www.vaistech.com/site/sl3b.php). I like the idea of not dealing with wires, but how will this impact sound quality? I'm more concerned about sound quality than I am about having to deal with wires.

Any differences in sound quality with the SL3i vs MML?

Thanks for everyone's input?
Old 03-07-14, 03:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

the product just came out this week i believe, doubt anyone here would know. i talked to vaistech before, they never had BT unit because of the sound quality, but they said they finally found a BT connection that has good quality and that's why they have the sl3b now. i would really like to see if someone has comparison between it and the sl3i too

fwiw, mml is digital audio, so from a sound quality point of view, i would assume mml is of better quality. sl3i is analog
Old 03-07-14, 09:18 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Just my opinion, but I'd rather have it plugged in for charging purposes anyways. I've never had much luck with BT anyways.
Old 03-08-14, 09:31 AM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Considering your only paying for the Bluetooth option,I'd keep looking at different units like the Audiovox MediaBridge if for any reason you don't want to connect to BT you should be able to connect an AUX cable or something else... If VAIS came out with an all-in-one unit.. I'd jump on it (Digital Audio obviously)
Old 03-08-14, 12:40 PM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder how the sound quality between the sl3b and the mediabridge are? On the YouTube review the reviewer said the mediabridge over BT was a little hollow compared to when plugged into the Lexus aux port

I also like the fact the mediabridge gives the option of plugging in a usb media device as well, the woes of being a 06er
Old 03-08-14, 02:14 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Exactly my point, I have an 07 I purchased a iSimple Gateway kit and sent it back the next day. Mediabridge is my next try. There aren't very many options out there for us as far as I know..
Old 03-10-14, 02:14 PM
StepStone
Driver School Candidate

Decided to purchase the MML -- looking forward to finally no longer being chained to tape player adaptor. Will let you guys know how it is.
Old 03-10-14, 04:13 PM
hanuman
Rookie

You will love it. I have the same one. I installed the MML unit in between the nav and the CD changer. I then ran the USB underneath the glove box. There is a small access panel cover you can remove and drilled a hole. This way I can always replace the cover. Also you can just use a USB stick or small hard drive you don't need an ipod. Awesome unit..

The only thing the motion lock will activate and you cannot see files etc. But you can buy another unit for that.

Take your time and make sure you protect the side of your dash when pulling the radio out. It also helps to put the car in drive when removing the shifter cover, put on parking brake on.

1 Hr tops..

Good luck,

Last edited by hanuman; 03-10-14 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-11-14, 08:13 AM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

I ordered the Audiovox MediaBridge.. I'll let you guys know how it goes when I install
Old 03-11-14, 09:27 AM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking forward to all the reviews.
Old 03-11-14, 01:33 PM
supags
Driver

Audiovox MediaBridge, does this work for 06 gs300 without navi? I might be interested

thanks,
Old 03-11-14, 03:58 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

I ordered the SL3B and will test it soon. I expect it is great as all Vaistech products. For those with MML and listening the crystal clear sound the "The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection" has ended. Why? Combination Lexus plus Vaistech is perfection. Oh, there is one exception: Owners may be overwhelmed with that perfection and are speechless. Consequently, you do not find online what they are saying, LOL.
Old 03-11-14, 05:44 PM
twylie
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by whitetooth
I ordered the SL3B and will test it soon. I expect it is great as all Vaistech products. For those with MML and listening the crystal clear sound the "The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection" has ended. Why? Combination Lexus plus Vaistech is perfection. Oh, there is one exception: Owners may be overwhelmed with that perfection and are speechless. Consequently, you do not find online what they are saying, LOL.
Looking forward to your review. I spoke to VAIS support the other day to make sure it would still allow my phone to pair to the car. Looks like you can pair multiple BT devices to the phone although it can only use one profile at a time and as long as the car is paired as "Integrated Handsfree" and the VAIS is as an audio device, it should work fine.

I have a Gen 4 Nav system and can't take advantage of the MML, but will replace my Sl2i with the new SL3B unit soon.
Old 03-12-14, 11:44 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Hi everyone!

We know most of you are concerned about sound quality with new SL3b Bluetooth Music Streaming device. We are using a high end Bluetooth device with our SL3b unit, so sound quality will definitely be better than all other Bluetooth devices out there. Plus SL3b provides full browsing for iOS devices same as SL3i or MML units. And it has a charging port, but that of course will need a cable connection.
Old 03-12-14, 08:49 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

What it needs is a auxiliary port or a 3.5mm port. How does this unit compare to the Audiovox/DICE Mediabridge?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which Vaistech Model?