GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Which Vaistech Model?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-14, 12:30 PM
d6lc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stoodo, couple of questions for you
1. how do you find the BT sound quality?, do you use it or use the Iphone plug?
2. I presume using either the plug or teh BT you can control your Ipod off teh Ipod, I'm not that interested in controlling my Ipod from eth cars stereo,

thanks
Old 03-19-14, 01:01 PM
Stoodo
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 43 Posts

Sound quality is excellent. I use it with my Android and iPhones.

When connected, I can change tracks from the phone itself or the steering wheel controls.
Old 03-19-14, 01:11 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stoodo
Another maker's bluetooth audio adapter is apples to apples. You are pointing out feature differences.

1. Perhaps handy for those using IOS.
2. Text info would be nice, but not necessarily worth $100
3. I don't know what you mean by basic controls of the radio. The Grom adapter does use the steering wheel controls.
4. What is the amperage on the charging port? Likely it is not the 2.1a needed to get a fast charge out of a tablet or Note3 type devices. A simple $10 device will do this properly.
Well, some are happy with Grom AUX input and others accept full blown iPod/iPhone interfaces only. Some people will go for AUX, but some need convenience. Some can hear frequences above 10kHz others not.

SL3b provides 2.5a, which is managed by software.
Old 03-19-14, 01:45 PM
Stoodo
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by whitetooth
Some can hear frequences above 10kHz others not.

SL3b provides 2.5a, which is managed by software.
Are you implying the Vaistech does 20-20khz over Bluetooth while the Grom does not?

What software is managing the output current? I couldn't find specs on the Vaistech website for the specifications of this interface.

BTW: Do you have any association with Vaistech? Many of your posts are about touting the merits of a Vaistech interface.

Last edited by Stoodo; 03-19-14 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-20-14, 11:37 AM
StepStone
Driver School Candidate

A quick update on my end -- just installed the MML and couldn't be more satisfied. Sound quality is excellent, and the phone being charged simultaneously is a nice convenience.
Old 03-20-14, 02:56 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stoodo
Are you implying the Vaistech does 20-20khz over Bluetooth while the Grom does not?

What software is managing the output current? I couldn't find specs on the Vaistech website for the specifications of this interface.

BTW: Do you have any association with Vaistech? Many of your posts are about touting the merits of a Vaistech interface.
I'm a big fan of Vais products since I first installed the MML on my LS430. I like to share this with you, that's it. I'm also a big fan of Lexus. I like reliable products and not those which die before me. I drove my LS400 always full throttle but stopped after 17 years as she is unbreakable.

I said that some people can hear high frequencies other cannot do that or simply hear music but do not listen to the beautiful sound and details such as front staging, instrument positioning. I see the orchestra playing on my engine hood and hope the triangle is never scratching my paint

I'm a programmer and I'm familiar with software and hardware.
Old 03-30-14, 04:05 PM
Seasport
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by StepStone
Hi All,

Looking to install one of the vaistech units. I just noticed they rolled out the new unit with bluetooth audio streaming (http://www.vaistech.com/site/sl3b.php). I like the idea of not dealing with wires, but how will this impact sound quality? I'm more concerned about sound quality than I am about having to deal with wires.

Any differences in sound quality with the SL3i vs MML?

Thanks for everyone's input?
Hi,
I have installed the sl3b in my LX470. Streaming from my Samsung Galaxy S3. I can confirm that the sound quality is really good. I don't have the 3i or MML and so can't compare with them but to me it sounds pretty close to CD quality. Pairs effortlessly as well. I'm mainly using Spotify at 320Kbps. I can use my S3 for both music and phone at the same time.
Old 03-30-14, 08:10 PM
Roe
Driver

I have had 2 GS's(06 GS300 and currently a 07 GS350) Both have had Vaistech products. The 06 without ML or nav had the SLi and it worked almost flawlessly. Cannot say the same about the MML I have in the GS350 with nav, w/o Mark Levinson.

My main issue is the damn thing restarts to the beginning of the song on the ipod every time the ignition is turned off. I put up with it for a couple of months but then it just started to get annoying.

Contacted support and of course they gave me the suggestion of maybe my ipod software was out of date, etc etc... Thought maybe that could be the case so I went out and purchased a brand new ipod classic plus a more sturdier cable.

Still the same issue. Even took the old ipod out and hooked it up to my wife's Pioneer stereo and no issues with it. Tried everything(checked the cable connections in the back, re-initialized the unit numerous times, etc) and it still restarts to the beginning of the song.

Of course, the only help I could get from Vaistech is "Send the MML and ipod back to us so we can diagnose the situation." Wait, what? I can 100% guarantee it's not the ipod so why would I need to send it along with the MML?

Not happy.
Old 03-30-14, 11:29 PM
Bigfox
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys.You are all talking about connection with your phone to stream music but is there any way u can stream video?I spend a lot of time in traffic jams on the way home from work(1 to 1.30 hours) and would want to stream YouTube videos on nav screen.I use iphone 5s and it is jailbroken.Is there any way I can do that?
Old 03-31-14, 07:40 AM
darinmg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vais Tech iVIC will do what you want
Old 03-31-14, 10:32 AM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also wanted and all-in-one unit with high quality digital sound. After emailing Vaistech, here's the closest we'll get:

If you wanted both MML and the SLB, it's just that one won't show text =(

"It's possible to do that. It will require you to program MML in CD
changer emulation and SL3b in MD changer emulation. MML will show text
on your radio, while SL3b will not. Or you can do it the other way
around if you like. The main point is to have them programmed in two
different emulations. And MD will not show text.

You have to program units individually, and then daisy chain them
once units are programmed."

Last edited by Dirteeboy; 03-31-14 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-31-14, 11:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigfox
Hi guys.You are all talking about connection with your phone to stream music but is there any way u can stream video?I spend a lot of time in traffic jams on the way home from work(1 to 1.30 hours) and would want to stream YouTube videos on nav screen.I use iphone 5s and it is jailbroken.Is there any way I can do that?
Originally Posted by darinmg
Vais Tech iVIC will do what you want
if you want wired setup, ivic will do what you want and it works very very well. search for my review in the audio forum. love my unit

if you want wireless video streaming, vaistech doesn't have it yet. there is another company coming out with wireless video streaming soon
Old 04-01-14, 12:33 AM
Bigfox
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
if you want wired setup, ivic will do what you want and it works very very well. search for my review in the audio forum. love my unit

if you want wireless video streaming, vaistech doesn't have it yet. there is another company coming out with wireless video streaming soon

Yes I am aware of this unit but I have 2006 gs430 which has the 4th generation of nav.I would appreciate if you could suggest a solution for the 4th generation.And I don't mind to connect my phone through the wire.

Last edited by Bigfox; 04-01-14 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Quoting
Old 04-01-14, 10:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

unfortunately for the gen4 system, there is not really much of a solution and i doubt if there will be any. gen4 system does not have high resolution screen setup that's why vaistech never develops anything for it anymore (and there is no plan).

if anything, the older system sl2vi (long discontinued) is the only hope, but then for the 06 gs, those with ml (likely your case) the system doesn't work...
Old 04-01-14, 11:47 PM
Bigfox
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
unfortunately for the gen4 system, there is not really much of a solution and i doubt if there will be any. gen4 system does not have high resolution screen setup that's why vaistech never develops anything for it anymore (and there is no plan).

if anything, the older system sl2vi (long discontinued) is the only hope, but then for the 06 gs, those with ml (likely your case) the system doesn't work...
Thanks a lot.You are extremely helpfull. Is there any way I can replace the radio under the nav unit to the one with a screen?I saw some units where you press a button and a screen slides out?

Quick Reply: Which Vaistech Model?