GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Someone shoot me now.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-13, 05:48 PM
LovezLexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MCCR
you can tell me more about the diminished value claim? I know in CA, anything over $500 damage(if i'm not mistaken)needs to be reported to DMV and since I filled a claim with the party that was at fault, I assume if would go on carfox
If the damage is excessive($1000+) it will scare away future buyers and it will be noted on the carfax. To make up for this you can claim a diminished value. It's basically a way to make your car "whole"(Restore it to pre crash condition). You have to be very persistent if you want diminished value because insurances don't like paying these out. For example, imagine you are looking to buy a car and you find 2 cars EXACTLY the same (mileage, year, options, etc) for the same price. The only difference is that one was in an accident in the past. Which one would you buy? Obviously, the one with a CLEAR history because it's much safer. So the insurance company should compensate you for future loss.

Last edited by LovezLexus; 05-10-13 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-10-13, 05:51 PM
LovezLexus
Driver

Thanks for all the support guys. I called the insurance company(GEICO) and they have "appointments" to get can estimate over 2 weeks away! I have to drive the car like this because they aren't willing to pay for a rental since the car is still drivable. Will keep you guys posted.

Last edited by LovezLexus; 05-10-13 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-11-13, 12:19 PM
zinn
Driver School Candidate

Had a woman back in to my wife's RX350 with a UHAUL truck!!! really! Minor damage to back bumper, tail light, etc...problem is if there is a police report then it will show up later on a CARFAX check when you go to sell it.... That's where the diminished value will kick in. save pics to show dealership or person trying to buy car. It's always good to be prepared.
Old 05-12-13, 09:14 PM
max2002
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking at the damage. worst happen is, you have to buy rear bumper. and for the blemish on the body, i think you can try to compund that since most of that is the paint from the other car. sorry to hear, and good luck.
Old 05-13-13, 05:28 AM
m32
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear this happened to your son. I know how excited he was for a white one. If you need a recommendation for a body shop in Houston, let me know. There's a shop near ikea that I use for my lexus and porsche and they do a very nice job. They also work on a ton of high end cars

Edwin
Old 05-13-13, 06:30 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LovezLexus
She wrecked her car and she was driving her parent's car. This girl needs to get off the road.
Many on the road shouldn't be on the road.

A woman killed a cyclist and said she thought it was a deer while the bike still stuck in her SUV wheel's fender.

A drunk killed a whole family.. I remember reading he was heading to court for his DUI while drunk. But I don't see any of that in this report http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2013...car-crash-dies

Another drunk and it's his 3rd DUI http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...080103169.html
Old 05-13-13, 04:27 PM
LovezLexus
Driver

Originally Posted by m32
Sorry to hear this happened to your son. I know how excited he was for a white one. If you need a recommendation for a body shop in Houston, let me know. There's a shop near ikea that I use for my lexus and porsche and they do a very nice job. They also work on a ton of high end cars

Edwin
Nice to hear from you Edwin. I took the car to Westside Lexus to drop it off and get a loaner, but Geico shot me down. They would only offer cheap cars like a Nissan Sentra, so I took the car back home. I will have to fight some more to get a good car.
Old 05-13-13, 07:48 PM
AustinSBP
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

yea looks like her parking was just as good as her driving!
hince the white line!
Old 05-16-13, 08:50 AM
MCCR
Driver

Originally Posted by LovezLexus
If the damage is excessive($1000+) it will scare away future buyers and it will be noted on the carfax. To make up for this you can claim a diminished value. It's basically a way to make your car "whole"(Restore it to pre crash condition). You have to be very persistent if you want diminished value because insurances don't like paying these out. For example, imagine you are looking to buy a car and you find 2 cars EXACTLY the same (mileage, year, options, etc) for the same price. The only difference is that one was in an accident in the past. Which one would you buy? Obviously, the one with a CLEAR history because it's much safer. So the insurance company should compensate you for future loss.
thank you for the info. I will need a new rear bumper cover, and not sure what damage is under until saturday when I take the car in to the shop. also, the trunk is a bit off, even though it closes and opens fine. so looks like I have more than $1k in damage. i'm using the responsible partys insurance, AAA. when do you recommend I file a diminished value claim and how do I go about proving it to AAA?
Old 05-16-13, 08:57 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinSBP
yea looks like her parking was just as good as her driving!
hince the white line!
It hurts me to see nice car get damage. At times I wish I still drive an old old beater that I wouldn't care less with little hit and bump.