ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011-153/)
-   -   Someone shoot me now. (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/691872-someone-shoot-me-now.html)

LovezLexus 05-09-13 07:44 PM

Someone shoot me now.

So I bought a 2008 Lexus gs450h for my son last Saturday. With taxes and everything it cost me $28,000. He was driving it home from school today and as he was going through a Starbucks parking lot this girl backed her ugly jeep into it. He honked pretty loud and tried speeding up, but it was too late. Luckily nobody was hurt, but it boils my blood. I JUST bought the car. I can't blame my son because it isn't his fault. I'm thankful that he sped up at the last second to avoid her hitting the door and causing greater damage. I also found out that this girl was in ANOTHER accident last Tuesday. She wrecked her car and she was driving her parent's car. This girl needs to get off the road. Look at these pictures and see for yourself. Any advice? Diminished Value? I live in Texas.

LovezLexus 05-09-13 07:45 PM

It keeps telling me "Upload of file failed" when I try to attach pictures

LovezLexus 05-09-13 08:08 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 282980

Attachment 282981

Attachment 282982

Attachment 282983

Attachment 282984

LexFather 05-09-13 08:09 PM

Make sure they are saved as a .jpg

Sorry to hear about it and yes, she need to be in a drivers program.

MCCR 05-09-13 08:09 PM

I know that feel bro. Got mine in march and got rear ended today . I got a thread going. Might not be able to load on phone, I couldn't.

LovezLexus 05-09-13 08:09 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 282985

Attachment 282986

Attachment 282987

Attachment 282988

MCCR 05-09-13 08:19 PM

Dang. I dont feel so bad now. GL with the process

ibidu1 05-09-13 09:07 PM

The damage is not as bad as you think, there is no frame/unibody/structural damage so that will not hurt the cars resale value. Just make sure you take it to a reputable shop as that white color is a very difficult color to match properly because it is a tri-coat pearl. The dealer or a certified shop would be the place I would take it to.

I wouldn't be surprised if it took the paint shop a day or two to repair. It really looks minor!

LovezLexus 05-10-13 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by ibidu1 (Post 7930393)
The damage is not as bad as you think, there is no frame/unibody/structural damage so that will not hurt the cars resale value. Just make sure you take it to a reputable shop as that white color is a very difficult color to match properly because it is a tri-coat pearl. The dealer or a certified shop would be the place I would take it to.

I wouldn't be surprised if it took the paint shop a day or two to repair. It really looks minor!

Yes, thank god it didn't hurt the frame. Looking at it I can tell that it needs a new bumper and the side dent needs to be popped and painted. I plan on taking it to the dealership. If this comes on the carfax I plan on filing a diminished value claim.

IXI187IXI 05-10-13 05:14 AM

http://cdn2.planetminecraft.com/file...969556_lrg.jpg

thankfully your son sped up. i agree if she hit the rear door it would have been much worse. looks like minimum 1/4 panel damage. shouldnt be too bad but it sucks that you just bought it and it happened. and isnt always the case where the person hits you and there barely any damage to their car. thats what always pisses me off lol.

Stoodo 05-10-13 06:06 AM

On the upside, white really is an awesome color on these cars... Jealous... :)

bigblack06 05-10-13 06:43 AM

Wow, that sucks I would be pissed as well. Hey look on the bright side wasn't as bad, could have been worse!

PeteinPA 05-10-13 06:55 AM

I know the feeling, I let my son use my GS so I could take his G35x in for oil change and brakes. I sent him a text in the morning to be careful where he parked in his High School parking lot, around 3pm I get the call, starts with your not going to $%%^ believe it but someone backed into the car. He had pulled out of his spot and was about to move forward when the guy behind him hit him on the passenger side of the rear bumper.

Unfortunately my boy took the brunt of my frustration, unfairly I should add. Still waiting on liability assignment from the guys insurance company. Not quite as much damage as the Op, but still the hassle of dealing with it gets my goat.

rogzballz 05-10-13 07:37 AM

Your son should not be speeding thru parking lots! The girl can't be wrong because she's in a jeep!

J/k - that's annoying and glad your son is okay

MCCR 05-10-13 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by LovezLexus (Post 7930616)
Yes, thank god it didn't hurt the frame. Looking at it I can tell that it needs a new bumper and the side dent needs to be popped and painted. I plan on taking it to the dealership. If this comes on the carfax I plan on filing a diminished value claim.

you can tell me more about the diminished value claim? I know in CA, anything over $500 damage(if i'm not mistaken)needs to be reported to DMV and since I filled a claim with the party that was at fault, I assume if would go on carfox