GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Must...vent...from....crash...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-08, 11:44 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Must...vent...from....crash...

RAWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! I thought this would never happen to me but I guess it did. Well I was going straight down a regular street and I see a guy from the opposite lanes wanting to take a left into a school. I take notice pretty far away but he doesn't go so I just keep my speed steady. And only until i was like 50 feet away from him he decides to take a left at like 3 mph . I see this and react as fast as I could I stomped the brakes and tried slamming the steering wheel to the left but he made the turn way too late. I ended up hitting his passenger side doors with the right front of my car. Both airbags from steering wheel and my feet( didn't know we had one but now i do ) deployed and then I stopped. I got a small burn on my hand and a small scratch on my right leg. And besides being shooken up I'm fine. Anyways, these are the only pictures I have

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh. pretty upset and angry. He didn't even attempt to speed up or anything like that. Atleast i broke and tried steering to the left but it was too late. Oh well, what can you do. Atleast I'm on summer
haha funny thing is I was deciding on going to Aerotect to fix a small bubble in my headlight film cover, but now looks like I'm just getting it done over again LOL

Last edited by Mesca; 06-04-08 at 12:31 AM.
Old 06-03-08, 11:47 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

wow that sucks, i hate people who do that. random moves at the last second. good thing ur ok, that crash looks pretty bad.
Old 06-03-08, 11:49 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Yeh. Time to play the damage estimate game! Heh I'm going to get it estimated tomorrow and getting it repaired at Lexus of Cerritos so I'll keep you guys posted with this one as I go.
Old 06-04-08, 12:14 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy f@wk. Glad to see that your okay!

If I were you... hope you have good or they have good insurance and get that totaled. Was it still drivable? I HIGHLY doubt it from what I see, but I would want them to total it.
Old 06-04-08, 12:17 AM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

wow sorry to see that.. good thing you're ok! with lexus of cerritos.. great service. but yeaa i would want that totaled.
Old 06-04-08, 12:28 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Yeah I have Allstate with a $500 deductible and full coverage. it wasn't driveable because of the fender practically hanging off and it was rubbing with the wheels. The tire melted the fender right behind it LOL. So if they decide to get it totalled am I looking for like a check at $35000 towards a new car? But I just want my black on black 07 GS again =[[[[
Old 06-04-08, 12:52 AM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!!! sorry man. that really, really sucks.
Old 06-04-08, 04:08 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

was it a kid or old man?

i use my honker liberally.
Old 06-04-08, 04:22 AM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

sorry to see this and of course +1 on glad that you are ok. Its the things you can't control that are the worst. once was on a divided highway and had someone in front of me slam on their brakes suddenly and come to a dead stop right in the road because they realized they were about to miss a right hand turn into the parking lot. grrrrr
Old 06-04-08, 04:34 AM
jenadamson
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you're OK!! I also vote for totalling it. Looks like it would require a lot of work/money to fix it up again - but I do understand wanting to keep your same car.

I just barely got tapped by someone in a parking lot in my '98 (TG!) driving an '01 GS400 (what are the odds?!) - she backed right into the side of my car as I was backing out of a parking space opposite to her. It just barely bent part of the left rear fender - you can't see it if you don't know to look - and just that was estimated at almost $800.
Old 06-04-08, 04:48 AM
SH212
Dances with goats

DAMN that looks like a bad accident,
glad you walked out okay looks like it could have been a lot worse

my opinion is most likely there going to total it
just because lexus parts are so expensive!!

good luck!!
Old 06-04-08, 06:11 AM
rozGS430
Rookie

glad you're okay, first and foremost. hopefully you got a police report and they will assign blame to and hopefully cite that person. normally, in my experience, insurance companies will repair a car, rather than total it, up to around 70% of the car's current total retail value. so if you think the car is worth $35k retail, then the damage would have to be somewhere close to $24k. if the frame is bent, at least in PA, it is state law that the car has to be declared a total loss. and in my experience, it's the insurance company's decision to repair the car or to declare it a total loss, not the insured's...unless it is on the fence, then they may ask you what you want to do with it. my guess, from looking at the pictures, is you will be getting that car back within a month.
Old 06-04-08, 08:03 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Did the other guy get a ticket? Wouldn't it be best to do a 3rd party claim with that dude's insurance so that you don't have a claim record for an accident which is his fault? Seems like his company is liable for both cars. I know it may be more convenient to file with yours and have them go after his but just wanted to let you know that it may be worth considering filing with his if you have a clean slate with Allstate and don't want it disturbed. These days it seems that insurance companies frown upon any claim, even if not your fault. Good luck.
Old 06-04-08, 08:54 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Yikes sorry to see that... Best of luck and hope you don't have any strains in the neck/back from the accident.
Old 06-04-08, 11:20 AM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I am betting $9k in damages and no way to a total....sorry to hear this happened to you, what did the police say? so who's at fault on the report?

Quick Reply: Must...vent...from....crash...