GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Total NEWB with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-17, 06:31 PM
2jshev
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total NEWB with a few questions

Hi evryone. I just picked up a 02 GS with a GTE swap already completed. I am having a few issues and I just cant seem to find the answer even though Ive be searching the forums like crazy. Take it easy on the new guy....LOL

1. Aristo cluster- Is there any way to just use the US spec cluster? I was told that the fuel gauge may not work properly. Its not a big deal but would be nice to have the OEM cluster running.
2. When I turn the headlights on the HVAC, Radio, and other lights go off. If I turn the headlights back off the lights go back on. Weird... I dont know enough about the car to even start to figure this one out. I am assuming it has something to do with the cluster. Any ideas? (yes i check the dimmer switch)
3. The VSC and another dash light are staying on. The previous owner gave me a computer (part number 89181-30032 Steering Control System for Toyota Aristo) and said it would fix it. Does that make any sense? Or are these common lights on when the swap is done?

Thank you in advance for the help.
Old 12-17-17, 02:52 PM
MedicalDoc
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Keep the faith. It takes time for some people to respond. I wish I could help but have no clue on ur issues.
Old 12-17-17, 03:59 PM
2jshev
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. I did swap the US spec cluster in today and that cleared up the lighting issue. I have been trying to find the pin out for the Aristo cluster and the US cluster. Ill try to make them work. For now Ill have to just keep any eye on my fuel level via the trip odometer.
Old 01-19-18, 07:58 PM
2jshev
Driver School Candidate

So now I am wondering how to get my Park, Reverse, Neutral, lights to light up. Anyone?
Old 01-20-18, 02:46 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jshev
So now I am wondering how to get my Park, Reverse, Neutral, lights to light up. Anyone?
are you referring to your dash park reverse neutral or back of car reverse lights? or both? im assuming both.
Old 01-20-18, 02:48 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jshev
Hi evryone. I just picked up a 02 GS with a GTE swap already completed. I am having a few issues and I just cant seem to find the answer even though Ive be searching the forums like crazy. Take it easy on the new guy....LOL

1. Aristo cluster- Is there any way to just use the US spec cluster? I was told that the fuel gauge may not work properly. Its not a big deal but would be nice to have the OEM cluster running.
2. When I turn the headlights on the HVAC, Radio, and other lights go off. If I turn the headlights back off the lights go back on. Weird... I dont know enough about the car to even start to figure this one out. I am assuming it has something to do with the cluster. Any ideas? (yes i check the dimmer switch)
3. The VSC and another dash light are staying on. The previous owner gave me a computer (part number 89181-30032 Steering Control System for Toyota Aristo) and said it would fix it. Does that make any sense? Or are these common lights on when the swap is done?

Thank you in advance for the help.
did you install the module the seller provided for you? was it for the traction control? did your vsc lights go off once you installed that module?
Old 01-20-18, 03:13 PM
2jshev
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by badblackgs
did you install the module the seller provided for you? was it for the traction control? did your vsc lights go off once you installed that module?
I didn't install the ASR computer. I need the wiring harness for it and I can't find it anywhere. Would love to get it working for now. Once I got Pro Efi it will be disabled but for now, it would be nice.
Old 01-20-18, 03:14 PM
2jshev
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by badblackgs
are you referring to your dash park reverse neutral or back of car reverse lights? or both? im assuming both.
That is correct. The ones inside the cluster. It's the small **** that I would love to get functioning properly.