GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-16, 04:37 PM
tjpgi
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Lenny
I will try the paper clip first (only have to pull the panel instead of the actuator). I'll purchase the cable if this doesn't work. Will you be making any more of the cables when your current inventory runs out (I see you only have 3 available on Ebay)?

Regards

Tom
Old 01-24-16, 05:38 PM
lexo98
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by tjpgi
Thanks Lenny
I will try the paper clip first (only have to pull the panel instead of the actuator). I'll purchase the cable if this doesn't work. Will you be making any more of the cables when your current inventory runs out (I see you only have 3 available on Ebay)?

Regards

Tom
Kinda pricey. If the paperclip doesnt work for you message me. Ill find you one..
Old 01-25-16, 06:53 AM
tjpgi
10th Gear

Originally Posted by lexo98
Kinda pricey. If the paperclip doesnt work for you message me. Ill find you one..

Thanks lexo98
Old 02-08-16, 05:12 PM
lhagoodlh
Driver School Candidate

How do you remove the back panel door. My back door will not open, I need to replace the Back door lock assembly and the dealer wants $700.
Thanks for a reply.
Old 02-08-16, 05:26 PM
tjpgi
10th Gear

Originally Posted by lhagoodlh
How do you remove the back panel door. My back door will not open, I need to replace the Back door lock assembly and the dealer wants $700.
Thanks for a reply.
Ihagoodlh

Check the posts in this thread for some info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...epair-diy.html

I have replaced the motors in the front doors but have not tackled the rear doors yet.
Was the $700 charge from your dealer for 1 rear door or 2?
Old 02-08-16, 05:29 PM
lhagoodlh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tjpgi
Ihagoodlh

Check the posts in this thread for some info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...epair-diy.html

I have replaced the motors in the front doors but have not tackled the rear doors yet.
Was the $700 charge from your dealer for 1 rear door or 2?

It was for the back rear hatch door and yes just one.
Old 02-08-16, 07:26 PM
lexo98
Racer

It was for the back rear hatch door and yes just one.
Stupid question but the door handle on the inside and outside do not work?
Old 02-08-16, 09:59 PM
bruceb58
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for a reply.
You should be posting this in the forum for your car. This is the GS forum.
Old 02-09-16, 05:20 AM
lhagoodlh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexo98
Stupid question but the door handle on the inside and outside do not work?

Right, you would think that you would have a way to get it open from the inside, but my car does not have a handle or way to get out from inside. It does not have a key hole to unlock with a key. I never realized this until now, but this is a design flaw in the 2004 GX470.
I have had this car since 2004 and it never occured to me, this is a danger to anyone sitting back there in the third row.
Linda
Old 02-09-16, 07:58 AM
bruceb58
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

but this is a design flaw in the 2004 GX470.
You are posting in the WRONG forum!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-16, 05:18 PM
nezlyfe
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

HELP with remote and locks, just replaced driver side motor and everything works just backwards. I hit the unlock on my key and the door locks and vice versa. now the driver side does the opposite of the rest of my doors. door lock switch acts the same way. is there a reset required? I disconnected the battery and the motor can only go in one way so its not opp polarity. thanks
Old 03-20-16, 07:04 PM
lexo98
Racer

Originally Posted by nezlyfe
HELP with remote and locks, just replaced driver side motor and everything works just backwards. I hit the unlock on my key and the door locks and vice versa. now the driver side does the opposite of the rest of my doors. door lock switch acts the same way. is there a reset required? I disconnected the battery and the motor can only go in one way so its not opp polarity. thanks
I think it was posted before that issue means you bought the wrong actuators. I have never tried it, but I would think you could reverse it back the the right direction by cutting the harness and switching the wires if that makes sense.
Old 04-05-16, 10:35 AM
azink769
Driver School Candidate

Default Reverse Spinning Motors

Originally Posted by nezlyfe
To all who read - NOOELEC on eBay is selling a knockoff motor. His are branded "KDL", and they SPIN BACKWARDS.

Multiple manufacturers make the FC-280PC-22125 motor. Many of those alternative brands are okay, some are even as good as Mabuchi.

NOOELEC, HOWEVER, SELLS AN INCOMPATIBLE BRAND - "KDL". While it LOOKS THE SAME it:

1 - Spins the wrong direction (Lock yields to unlocking, Unlock causes locking)
2 - Spins the wrong speed (can destroy the gears within the actuator)
3 - Has NO THERMAL SWITCH (Can lead to overheating & burning motor out)

NOOELEC knows this, as he has been told by many customers. How do I know this? Because I'm a seller, and many of his customers come to me for the answer after they install and have issues.

What does NOOELEC tell his customers?

1 - It's not his problem, because he says he has no compatibility list
2 - CUT THE WIRES leading into the actuator (You should NEVER have to do that when someone sells you a 'compatible' part).

I am sorry for a long rant. However, this is happening over, and over, and over again. I am not trying to discredit NOOELEC (Who knows.. maybe his other items are great), but the motors he is selling as "MABUCHI FC-280PC-22125" are KDL GARBAGE.
Old 04-11-16, 04:43 PM
JJaySilver
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay guys, I just bought replacement motors and removed the driver door actuator. Then for some odd reason went back on ebay and searched for actuators again. Then I found some of these: http://m.ebay.com/itm/6Pin-Front-Left-Door-Lock-Actuator-For-Toyota-Echo-Scion-Lexus-GS300-GS430-GS400-/171366759598?nav=SEARCH Has anyone tried them? I want to buy all four and see how it turns out. I really dont feel like blading these actuators.
Old 04-11-16, 06:27 PM
lyonkster
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JJaySilver
Okay guys, I just bought replacement motors and removed the driver door actuator. Then for some odd reason went back on ebay and searched for actuators again. Then I found some of these: 6pin Front Left Door Lock Actuator for Toyota Echo Scion Lexus GS300 GS430 GS400 | eBay Has anyone tried them? I want to buy all four and see how it turns out. I really dont feel like blading these actuators.
I tried one of them. Mechanically it worked fine, but every time it unlocked, it did a "double pump", which told me that it did not communicate to the car that it actuated successfully. That annoyed the heck out of me so I returned it and rebuilt my OEM actuator.

Quick Reply: Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???