Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Any Michiganders in here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-12, 07:16 PM
Mikaveli
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** i might come through...here are some teaser pics of what i've got going on with my IS. I might not come out until it's finished though. I have a few more things i need to do still, parts haven't arrived yet and what not...

Old 05-26-12, 09:50 AM
Will400
Driver

I live in the Flint area. Where are you?
Old 05-26-12, 11:32 AM
Will400
Driver

Default Out of storage and

ready to clean her up real good. A/C not working.

Any Michiganders in here?-95sc400.jpg
Old 06-14-12, 07:08 PM
TTCRob
Driver School Candidate

Hello all,

My name is Robert Tam and I work at the Toyota Technical Center (TTC) located in Saline, MI. TTC is the headquarters for Toyota's North American Design and Research. We design and evaluate North American vehicles such as the Sienna, Avalon, Camry, Tundra, Tacoma, and Venza.

Every year we have a company wide car show for our team members to show off their personal cars.

This year, we'd like to extend an invitation to the local car clubs/forums to come and join us for the car show as a show of appreciation. Due to space limitations, we will be selecting 5 vehicles from each Toyota brand (Toyota/Scion/Lexus).

The car show will be held on Friday, July 20th at our facility from 11:00am - 1:00pm. Lunch will be provided, several cars will be on display, and we will have the Toyota m&m Nascar Racecar there as well as Nascar driving simulations. You will also have the opportunity to meet the actual engineers that design the many Toyota's you see on the road today as well as chief engineers and vice presidents. Entrants will also be eligible to win a trophy.

If you are interested in attending the show, please send me a pm with your email address. I will then send you an email and ask for a picture of your car and a list of any modifications / additional info. Our committee will then choose the 5 vehicle's and notify the respective owners.

Thank you and hope meet some of you soon!

Rob
Old 06-19-12, 05:30 AM
TTCRob
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to those that have PMed me so far! Keep them coming! Remember, we have 5 spaces for each brand and will be making the decision a few weeks before the car show (most likely the first week of July) to give people ample time to request time off from work / prep their car etc.
Old 06-19-12, 04:15 PM
psixtc
Pole Position

Hmmm, I was thinking about heading up to MI to visit a few college friends around that time. I may take that Friday off and head up! My badge should still work too (TEMA-ER employee). I did tell a few ZAA and QP members I'd let them take my car for a spin when it came in.
Old 06-20-12, 05:41 AM
TTCRob
Driver School Candidate

Haha sweet! I can add you to the car show registration but you'd probably be classified as a team member and not a part of one of the clubs. Will you have your IS-F by then? You can pm me on here or send me an email through work.
Old 06-20-12, 12:03 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Can we attend without showing a car - as my three Toyota products are all stock?
Old 06-23-12, 11:43 PM
313sc3
Lead Lap

I'll come but I won't show because I have some rust to repair. Btw I've been cruising Woodward and I have seen any cl members. I'm just saying.
Old 06-24-12, 09:06 AM
tjcetanyan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was out on woodward for about for weekends straight, buy haven't been out in a couple weeks. I've got minnie me for the summer. She'll ride along though when I do come. Maybe an hour later tonight...
Old 06-25-12, 08:41 PM
313sc3
Lead Lap

Even though I just powerwashed some hidden rust I'll be out. I plan to park at pot belly's so say hi if ya see me.
Old 06-26-12, 07:43 AM
tjcetanyan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Regular summer meets

Can we all discuss a general meeting place and time to try and get some people together?
I'm on the Northeast side of the D, but I'm willing to drive a little ways. Royal Oak, Troy, Sterling Heights, etc. or farther if we get enough people. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday evenings work pretty well for me most weeks.
Any suggestions/preferences from anyone else?
Old 06-26-12, 08:52 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

For those of you in West Michigan there is a huge meet happening in Holland, MI called Euro Hangar this Saturday. It's not Lexus, seems like there will be a huge VW/Audi showing since those are popular here, but it'll be interesting nonetheless.

http://www.eurohangar.net/
Old 06-27-12, 08:49 AM
TTCRob
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately you have to be showing a vehicle to attend.

And it also looks like we may have one of the first Scion FR-S in southeast michigan on display.

There are still some open spots for anybody else interested! Don't forget the free lunch, Nascar driving simulator, and some free Toyota swag!
Old 06-29-12, 02:59 PM
313sc3
Lead Lap

Wait. So unless we are showing a car we can't go? Sounds like bs. You came to us asking for people to show their cars. Alot of our cars are not show room quality because we drive them. IMO it should be open. Toyota is throwing this showing to hype the frs and get ideas from the public right? Then why can't the public come? This is a huge pass for me. I'll stay to Woodward an cruising around town where I'm more respected.

Quick Reply: Any Michiganders in here?