Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Any Michiganders in here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-11, 11:57 AM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody else in the tri county area interested in coming out this weekend, hit me up with a pm and we can swap numbers and set something up.
Old 06-08-11, 11:33 AM
TTCRob21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

My name is Rob and I work for Toyota Technical Center in Ann Arbor, MI which is Toyota's North American R&D center. I am also part of a group that organizes an internal car show that we've had for the past three years.

For this particular year, we're looking into inviting some of the public to join us. While this idea is still in the planning stages, I want to get some feedback from local Toyota/Lexus owners on whether this sounds interesting.

What the idea entails is having local Toyota/Lexus owners send in info/pics of their car, then we would decide on who would be invited. The participants would then bring their car in for the show (which is usually from 11am-1pm), hangout, and get a chance to meet and with Toyota employees (including program chief engineers). Lunch should be provided, and I'm trying to get approval for some kind of tour of our facility (which is very difficult considering everything is confidential).

So let me know what you guys think and any comments you might have.

Thanks!
Old 06-09-11, 12:47 AM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

That sounds very interesting.
Old 06-10-11, 05:34 AM
TTCRob21
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! Anybody else have any comments or suggestions to what they would look for in this type of show at our facility?
Old 06-11-11, 06:05 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

LFA test drives / rides would be awesome. But short of that, just visiting would be great.

I was consulting at Chrysler Proving Grounds in Chelsea back in the early 90s when they had an anniversary open house for employees and families. I took my kids and we had a blast: 90 MPH loops on the banked oval, watching kids sway back and forth in the rearview mirror of my Suburban on the frame twist road, and a trip down the hill that's too steep to see down from the top or see the runout on the way down. One of my sons got to fire the crash sled (not ride on it). They also provided lunch and ride-alongs in the then-new Viper (we didn't get in that 3 hour line). After lunch, the kids wanted to go back out on the twisty test roads, but I decided it would be better to take a nice sedate ride home.
Old 06-11-11, 09:24 AM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

That sound awesome caddyowner.
Old 06-11-11, 11:37 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TTCRob21
Hi everyone,

My name is Rob and I work for Toyota Technical Center in Ann Arbor, MI which is Toyota's North American R&D center. I am also part of a group that organizes an internal car show that we've had for the past three years.

For this particular year, we're looking into inviting some of the public to join us. While this idea is still in the planning stages, I want to get some feedback from local Toyota/Lexus owners on whether this sounds interesting.

What the idea entails is having local Toyota/Lexus owners send in info/pics of their car, then we would decide on who would be invited. The participants would then bring their car in for the show (which is usually from 11am-1pm), hangout, and get a chance to meet and with Toyota employees (including program chief engineers). Lunch should be provided, and I'm trying to get approval for some kind of tour of our facility (which is very difficult considering everything is confidential).

So let me know what you guys think and any comments you might have.

Thanks!
Haha I know exactly where this place is, literally just minutes away from my house! I would definitely be interested.
Old 06-15-11, 10:31 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

616 people, anyone know where a good place that does a good job on tinting windows?
Old 06-16-11, 06:49 AM
TTCRob21
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in updates. Originally we were trying to plan the car show on the same week as the Nascar Sprint/Truck Series at MIS so we could get some of the race cars to come to the event, but it looks like it won't be able to happen. Either way we'll have a date finalized by next Wednesday (6/22) with more info on what activities we'll have and how to submit your info.

Thanks.

Rob
Old 06-17-11, 07:50 AM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Keep us posted Rob.
Old 06-17-11, 07:56 AM
felixdang
Driver

Originally Posted by IamLexus
616 people, anyone know where a good place that does a good job on tinting windows?
I did it at extreme car audio on 28st.. They do a good job
Old 06-17-11, 02:44 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by felixdang
I did it at extreme car audio on 28st.. They do a good job
I live like 3 miles from there, I go to the buffet next to it all the time. what was the price on it? and the time to do it?
Old 06-29-11, 05:21 AM
TTCRob21
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately the executives have decided they would like to keep the show this year internal. So we will not be inviting any of the public this year. However, they did mention the possibility for next year so be on the lookout for that.

Again I apologize for getting anybody's hopes up.

Rob
Old 06-30-11, 05:01 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

That's OK, you'll have more time to line up those LFA test drives. I've driven by your site regularly for 30 years. Do you have ghosts? (The Toyota Technical Center south of Ann Arbor is the former location of the Ypsilanti Regional Psychiatric Hospital.)

http://www.opacity.us/site102_ypsila...e_hospital.htm
Old 07-16-11, 03:47 PM
parkerjs
Pit Crew

I'm in the 517 area, about halfway between Jackson and Lansing and I'm absolutely on-board with the next gathering that comes along. Caddyowner and a few others know more about the LS than the Toyota design team does and I owe them all a drink or 2 for all they have shared here.

Quick Reply: Any Michiganders in here?