ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Anyone Else Experience Paint Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-18, 07:25 PM
ESBabe
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone Else Experience Paint Issues?

My 09 ES has by far some of the worse looking paint I've ever laid eyes on, the paint chips very easily and scratches are all over it and the paint also looks dirty (up close) right after I wash it, the paint looks stained and I wash my car very frequently the longest its been driven without being washed was only 3 weeks. My Smokey Granite Micah paint colored ES looks like TRASH and I can't stand it. I recently washed it today (went over the entire car 6 times) but to no avail. I might as well stop washing it because it looks terrible either way clean or dirty...I've had the car waxed tons of times and once again to no avail would it get rid of this stained look, Im about to have the paint completely polished,corrected, and ceramic coated etc. and if that doesn't work Im getting rid of this car....I love our ES but to have the paint look like trash when I keep my vehicles in pristine condition is stressful for me, my Audi nor my BMW have any paint issues at all....And once again if this final step to having my paint look pristine fails Im getting rid of it because to have this paint look like this up close is very upsetting for me.
Old 11-03-18, 07:50 PM
ellocovg
Advanced

Received 201 Likes on 133 Posts

Unfortunately due to EPA regulations and weight considerations all car paint is garbage now a days. I’ve had allot of brand new Toyotas and there paint is paper thin. The paint on my 07 ES isn’t bad as in with a simple claybar and hand glaze from far it looks like new. The previous owners were apparently very rough on it and I have about a gazillion scratches on it but from a few feet back it looks like new.
Old 11-04-18, 06:25 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

My 2010 looks just like the day I bought off of the dealer showroom. The only flaws are a few stone ships on the hood but unless you look closely you don't see them. The car is washed maybe once every 1 or 2 weeks at a non-contact car wash . The color doesn't seem to show dirt and if looked at closely there is no scratches . Oh never hand washed or hand dried.
Old 11-04-18, 07:34 AM
ESBabe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ellocovg
Unfortunately due to EPA regulations and weight considerations all car paint is garbage now a days. I’ve had allot of brand new Toyotas and there paint is paper thin. The paint on my 07 ES isn’t bad as in with a simple claybar and hand glaze from far it looks like new. The previous owners were apparently very rough on it and I have about a gazillion scratches on it but from a few feet back it looks like new.
Mine only looks bad in direct sunlight when your close up (especially the front bumper it's looks to have more white spots than the front bumper is grey). Along with my driver side headlight continuously being full of condensation after whenever water gets near it. Our car is just in terrible condition right now and I don't even want to bring it out of the garage because I don't want anyone looking at my paint (not that most would notice) but at this point our ES should just become a "beater"....but I could never do that..
Old 11-04-18, 07:39 AM
ESBabe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jagtoes
My 2010 looks just like the day I bought off of the dealer showroom. The only flaws are a few stone ships on the hood but unless you look closely you don't see them. The car is washed maybe once every 1 or 2 weeks at a non-contact car wash . The color doesn't seem to show dirt and if looked at closely there is no scratches . Oh never hand washed or hand dried.
My car has stone chips everywhere even on the door's and roof. My car has only been to 1 or 2 touch less car washes since I've owned it. Normally my car is hand washed with a 2 bucket method by me or I take it to our detail guy and he also does a 2 bucket method and he waxes the paint (still has swirl marks) but normally he just washes/waxes it nothing to crazy until I take it to him next week to do the whole 9 yards on the car's paint.
Old 11-04-18, 07:59 AM
ellocovg
Advanced

I know it sucks, when I had my Tacoma I babied her even more than usual. I used a three bucket wash system on her three different gloves. I’d hand glaze her atleast once a month. She never ever saw a car wash that wasn’t done by me. I would only use the self serve washes in the winter when it was to cold at home, and I’d get there real early so I could use my buckets. I always even in my “work Ranger” park as far as possible. I always end up with chips and scratches everywhere, and there’s always a huge POS car parked right next to me in the lot when I come out. The ES paint might not be the best but compared to the other cars I’ve had I think it might be better. The best car for paint chips I had was a 2010 Acura TL I had her for a few years and only had one 1” scratch from a flying piece of debis on the turnpike I couldn’t avoid, very minimal chips. My wife has a three month old white RDX and the front end is all chipped up already with only 1,900 miles so apparently it’s not a Acura paint is the best thing.
Old 11-05-18, 07:15 AM
John U
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm picky about colors and I still get great pleasure fussing over Matador Red.
Old 11-05-18, 08:46 AM
ellocovg
Advanced

The red looks good with the chrome wheels, great job keeping her gleaming. What brand wax products do you use? My favorite color is the champagne color and second the silver which I have.
Old 11-05-18, 12:31 PM
John U
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ellocovg
The red looks good with the chrome wheels, great job keeping her gleaming. What brand wax products do you use? My favorite color is the champagne color and second the silver which I have.
Thanks,
My favorite "sealant" is Zaino All-in-One used bimonthly. I use Blackfire SI02 as a "topper" in between. Both products are outstanding for long lasting protection and very slick finish.. The car is always garaged and stored 6 months a year while in AZ for winters.
Old 11-05-18, 04:05 PM
ellocovg
Advanced

Zaino is great I used that for a long time. I’ve been on a chemical guys kick lately.
Old 11-05-18, 05:41 PM
ESBabe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by John U
Thanks,
My favorite "sealant" is Zaino All-in-One used bimonthly. I use Blackfire SI02 as a "topper" in between. Both products are outstanding for long lasting protection and very slick finish.. The car is always garaged and stored 6 months a year while in AZ for winters.
Your car does look beautiful! I may need you to detail mine. How many miles does your car have, looks like it only has 150 miles on it. When you trade it or sell it I know you hope the next owner takes care of it like you.
Old 11-05-18, 06:21 PM
John U
Intermediate

Thanks, 85,000 miles. Purchased it with 9,000 miles at 9 months old. Has the Ultra Luxury package. I added standard ES wheels from a California chromer.
The following users liked this post:
ESBabe (11-06-18)
Old 11-06-18, 07:12 AM
ESBabe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by John U
Thanks, 85,000 miles. Purchased it with 9,000 miles at 9 months old. Has the Ultra Luxury package. I added standard ES wheels from a California chromer.
I have 106k miles and the exterior looks like 300k+ (because of the rock chips...my car has ZERO dents just rock chips). The interior looks like 20k miles because I take extreme care of it interior wise.
Old 11-06-18, 07:18 AM
John U
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ESBabe
I have 106k miles and the exterior looks like 300k+ (because of the rock chips...my car has ZERO dents just rock chips). The interior looks like 20k miles because I take extreme care of it interior wise.
Try a "bra" on your next car. I'm a big believer after putting 300,000 on two vehicles and having "sand-blasted" hoods. My current minivan has 200,000 with a bra and only 3 marks from.....Big rocks!!!!